PDA

View Full Version : Senior Players and Dunlop

BlaackSheeep
03-18-2008, 01:37 PM
I've noticed that several retired tour players use Dunlop rackets, specifically the Aerogel 300. Since I'm rapidly approaching senior status, do they know something about the AG300 I don't? I currently use a Tecnifibre TF-335 and love it but its heavy.

Voltron
03-18-2008, 01:42 PM
You should play with whatever feels best to you, not whatever other people use. Besides, if you can handle the weight of the 335, it's a really solid frame. If you are feeling that it's a tad heavy, you might want to try the 320 out or maybe a lighter technifibre.

hoodjem
03-18-2008, 01:46 PM
Could be.

I had a Pro Staff 6.0 85 for over 15 years and loved it. But when I seriously got back into tennis last summer, I found it too heavy. The way I hit, it wore out my arm in 30 minutes.

Time to start looking and move on. I did.

Voltron
03-18-2008, 01:49 PM
Could be.

I had a Pro Staff 6.0 85 for over 15 years and loved it. But when I seriously got back into tennis last summer, I found it too heavy. The way I hit, it wore out my arm in 30 minutes.

Time to start looking and move on. I did.

Hey, you can't judge anything about that without seeing him play and seeing how he has done with that frame. BTW, if a heavy frame wears you out quickly, you might be trying to arm the ball rather than using the kinetic chain.