PDA

View Full Version : Go Longhorns!

finchy
01-01-2005, 06:19 PM
Rose Bowl Champs!!!!

Hook Em!

atatu
01-03-2005, 07:51 AM
Yeah, you beat the #13 ranked team in the country by one point, to go along with the last minute win over Tech....and you still can't beat Oklahoma.

mach1
01-03-2005, 08:25 AM
CAL shoulda been in that game...

atatu
01-03-2005, 09:24 AM
Why ? Cal got crushed by Tech...

Dedans Penthouse
01-03-2005, 01:13 PM
Overall though, a lot of the Bowls have been pretty entertainin: UVA--Fresno St. going into OT; Boston College's QB being carted off the field and while being wheeled off towards the tunnel, then applauding as he sees his B.C. Eagles' kicker take the ball on a fake field goal and run it for a touchdown in B.C.'s win; Louisville and Boise State (what was the "over/under" for that game?....600 pts.?) playing "pinball" football replete with an Arena Football final score and that Iowa game was insane......oh the poor defensive back who thought they were in "zone" coverage (not man-to-man) and ended up passing off the Iowa receiver to what he thought was "deep help" ..... heaven help that poor kid when he had to face the coaches! Some good games. As for Texas Tech's win over Cal.......at least Tech didn't give a repeat performance of last year's SLEEZE "shooting" celebration that they so "heroically" performed during their Bowl appearance last year. Tech scored a touchdown and then engaged in a premeditated "SCRIPTED" endzone celebration of a "fake shooting" right in front of (in the FACE) of the Navy Midshipmen football defensive team---Navy men, some of whom were going to eventually go off to fight in a war. Worthy of the Toliet Bowl--worthy of Texas Tech. Sorry to rant, but that gross sight of a Texas Tech arsehole "spraying" immaginary gunfire to a surrounding circle of teammates (who then all drop to the ground as if killed) still turns me off---heartless and hopeless from a program that is clueless, a program that looks to "run it up" (hang "50"). They are to football what that arrogant, used-car-salesman-looking sleezebag Billy Tubbs was to hoops. Btw, I guess you can tell that I have a major hard-on against the Tech Red Raiders (wink!). As for their cheerleaders?: Well, I'd describe them (in Texas parlance) by saying: "I've seen "better head" on cattle!"

Hey Finchy, whenever I see Texas I see: great (yummy!) cheerleaders, a town with a great musical tradition and a football team with major, major skill position talent. Good thing you eaked this one out vs. the Wolverines to make up for that absolute "DOG" that the 'Horns laid on the field last year ;-)

USCfan
01-03-2005, 03:38 PM
Go Trojans!

finchy
01-03-2005, 03:45 PM
well atatu, i dont think many teams can beat the #2 team in the country right now. btw, i want OU to kill usc tomorrow.

and, vince young has to be the best qb i've ever seen since culpepper. just a note: i hate pocket qb's.

khs_tennis
01-03-2005, 06:34 PM
The Capital One Bowl between Iowa and LSU was the best game of the bowl season so far. Second to that game was the Boise State, Louisville game. You gotta love all that offense. And hats off to Utah, great season. Too bad Alex Smith wont be back next year.

P.S. Good job to the Rose Bowl Committee selecting Texas. lol

MVCHUN
01-03-2005, 06:59 PM
I agree with mach1

atatu
01-04-2005, 08:31 AM
Well no offense to the Longhorns, just think you need to put that win in perspective. Vince is a great QB, no doubt, I know some people were thinking the A&M QB was the better of the two, but I think he's put that to rest.