PDA

View Full Version : zylon??? gone goodbye?

galahad
01-01-2005, 08:46 PM
so, last year I thought I'd step out into the super highway of tennis tech and put aside my old RD-7, that I'd been using for about 5 years. I tested the Fisher pro-1, head (new orange radical), a volkl....and the babolat control zylon which won out. The head was ok, but frankly the grip is too rectangular. Two sides are much longer than the other two sides. Weird in my hand.

In any case, Its never a good sign when your racquet gets phased out the year after you buy it. I have 3, but anyone have any understanding of why?Poor sales? hand injuries??? curious, now that my favorite group of pain-killers(vioxx, celebrex, bextra) are also gone.

thanks

!<-_->!
01-01-2005, 10:41 PM
I believe their newer racquets, I think maybe the Pure Storm (not sure) may be the same racquet with a different paintjob. Not sure, but I remember someone saying that one of their new racquets was the same as the Control Zylon.

dscw
01-02-2005, 04:16 AM
alot of ppl says the looks of the pure zylon series looks crap...

hummer23
01-02-2005, 09:18 AM
whats weird is that the old zylon series set you back 189$ which is 10 more than the pure drive/control series. the new zylon stuff is 169, or 10 bucks less than pure drive/control. so i guess they werent selling too well, so they gave it flashier paint and made it more affordable.

Gaines Hillix
01-02-2005, 10:18 AM
IMO, the Zylon material just made the racquets stiffer and they played even more like any run of the mill hollow sounding, widebody frame.

10sNut
01-02-2005, 02:05 PM
If you would like to pick up three more (L4)s for cheap, drop me an email.
att_29485 'at' yahoo.com

bounce-hit
01-02-2005, 02:56 PM
I really like my Bab PCZ+'s. Really solid feel, maneuverable, controlled power. I agree with most of the TW review of this racquet. I'm sorry to see it's been discontinued.

Tenny
01-03-2005, 01:15 PM
Drive vs. Control vs. Zylon?

I haven't seriously tried babolat racquets. How do they compare? What's the concept difference between these three from Babolat? Thanks,

T.