PDA

View Full Version : LM Radical MP vs. LM Radical Tour

BDAZ
01-02-2005, 05:18 AM
Any comparisons between the two would be great. How do they each feel? I've hit with the regular LM Rad, but not the Tour. Obviously weight would be a factor, but what else? Also, if you use either, what is your setup? Thanks. P.S.--Would either LM Prestige MP or i.Prestige MP CAPs fit on the LM Rad? Anyone know how much extra weight a set of CAPs adds compared to a regular set of grommets? And while I'm at it, how much extra does an average leather grip add compared to a synthetic one?

lovethegame
01-02-2005, 08:48 AM
moosryan's review

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=35772

kinsella
01-02-2005, 09:57 AM
BDaz:

The CAP grommets used on the LM Prestige MP are the right spacing to fit the LM Radical, but the longest grommet in the throat may come up a little short in a Radical. Some have reported doing it successfully and with an excellent result. You could cut that last grommet out and replace it with a longer one, either from a set of individual grommets or a discarded grommet set that has a long one in good shape.

A CAP grommet set weighs 34g and the Radical MP set weighs 21g.

I did the leather/synthetic grip weight comparison a year or so ago and my recollection is that a leather grip ON AVERAGE adds 8-9g. Synthetic weights vary, as does the length of grip material used.

If you brush up on your search skills, I suspect you could have found answers to these questions already posted. Don't take this last note harshly -- it happens all the time.