PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop 300G o/s. Anyone tried it ?

AndrewD
01-02-2005, 04:42 PM
Just a little curious to know if anyone has played with the 300G and how they found it to play. Have read the TW comp review but thought a few other opinions would be nice.
Is it really as low powered as they suggest? How does the mid play compared to the o/s?

atatu
01-03-2005, 06:32 AM
It's not a low powered frame, it's actually pretty powerful. The only thing I don't like about the frame is that it's a little too flexible, I wish they could have made it a little stiffer. Otherwise, it's very manuverable, very comfortable, and it has a surprising about of pop for such a flexible frame.

AndrewD
01-04-2005, 02:31 AM
Thanks atatu. I noticed the flex rating on the TW review and was a bit surprised. Dont seem to get many frames these days under 60, especially when they're classed as players frames.

Have you had to add some weight to it or are you just using it as is?

Did read somewhere on the board that its being discontinued, which might lead me to the POG or I might be able to snag some very cheap ones when they cancel the line.

atatu
01-04-2005, 07:10 AM
I added weight to it, about 1/2 ounce to the handle. I expect the price to go down when the new Dunlops come out in March, so far I haven't seen anything to suggest that Dunlop will bring out a new OS frame.

eroc100
01-17-2005, 12:48 PM
I have two Dunlop 300g 98 4 1/2 for sale. Price: $150 for both. Anyone interested, call me 845-323-3056

[/FONT]Just a little curious to know if anyone has played with the 300G and how they found it to play. Have read the TW comp review but thought a few other opinions would be nice.
Is it really as low powered as they suggest? How does the mid play compared to the o/s?