PDA

View Full Version : Let's pick me a racquet! i have a few in mind

xtremerunnerars
03-22-2008, 09:33 PM
Hey everyone...now that i'm playing much more tennis-like tennis, I am starting to like my mfil 300 less and less.

I swing a lot faster and stuff now but because I'm playing with way better kids and feeds I have a hard time getting the racquet around the ball and moving it for volleys. I think it's too close to head heavy for me..and it might be too stiff and heavy but I can't tell if it's the weight balance or not. I definitely want a racquet that's head light, definitely less than 100 sq. inches but more than 90.

Right now i'm looking at a few demos:
Ntour two
tfight 320 16x20

After looking around...I realized that I hated the ksix one which I thought was not as head light nor as heavy nor as stiff as it really is. I definitely want less than say 11.2 oz and less than the mfil's stiffness.

*edit 2*Blahhhhhhhhhhh i can't tell if i like a stiff racquet or not! Which one equates to more feel from the racquet? I like getting stuff back from it.

any thoughts?

K-LEG
03-22-2008, 10:02 PM
Funny, I was in the same exact situation as you. The Dunlop M-Fil 300 was my first, "Player's" racquet, and soon as I became a better player I realized that it was not the racquet for me. After demoing many racquets, I found the Dunlop Aerogel 200 18 x 20 to be perfect for my game. With great stability and feel you can't go wrong with the Dunlop Aerogel 200.

xtremerunnerars
03-23-2008, 09:24 AM
k-leg, can you tell me what other racquets you tried? And maybe what you liked/didn't like about them?

Korangster
03-23-2008, 09:26 AM
maybe try the nblade, if you can find one. i have a mg prestige that i am very happy with

xtremerunnerars
03-23-2008, 11:35 AM
Now I'm looking at the:

yonex nano speed rq 7
npro open
k factor kpro open
ntour two

I need to whittle it down to three racquets...can anyone help out?

SFrazeur
03-23-2008, 11:46 AM
Is there a reason you are only possibly interested in the nTour Two and not the original nTour?
TW Review: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Reviews/WNT/WNTReview.html

-SF

xtremerunnerars
03-23-2008, 12:21 PM
I was looking at the balance point...but I suppose the ntour two is just a point different.

What would the difference be in the racquets?

K-LEG
03-23-2008, 12:41 PM
I've tried the Babolat Aeropro Drive Cortex, and I absolutely hated it. I've tried the Wilson K-Factor K-Six One 95 18 x 20 and I liked it but it wasn't right for me, it was lacking something. I've tried the Head Microgel Prestige Mid Plus and it didn't really suit my game.

SFrazeur
03-23-2008, 01:31 PM
I was looking at the balance point...but I suppose the ntour two is just a point different.

What would the difference be in the racquets?

It has been too long since I last hit with them to recall much other than the Two had more of a dampened feel with the "nFoam" which the original lacks, as I recall.

As both being so similar and how cheaply the original is going for, $80 over $150 @ TW, I would differently consider it along with the Two. But you could just demo either the original or the "Two" now, and if it is something you really like then you could demo the other one to find which of those two you prefer and put it head to head with the other remaining possibilities.

xtremerunnerars
03-23-2008, 04:14 PM
Well, I picked the demos.

I went with the yonex, the ntour (ntour two demo==broken link), npro open, and a pure drive 110 cuz my friend said he'd pay for the shipping to demo it.

meowmix
03-23-2008, 04:21 PM
Since you're demoing those, I'd recommend you see if you can get your hands on any of these:
Lm Radical
Flx Radical
these two frames are so popular that one of your friends probably has one. They play reasonably close to the nTour

Also, note that with the nTour, string does matter. When I was playing with the demo my tennis club had (it was strung with something like 2 month old Wilson Sensation at some ridiculously high tension), it played horrible. When I tried my friends which had been recently strung with some multi (I think it was an isospeed), it played quite well.