PDA

View Full Version : k90 wowza

guedoguedo
03-23-2008, 06:12 PM
Hit with it for the first time today, and on groundstrokes it was amazing....after a 10 minute adjustment period. Im used to taking big brushes at the ball, but here I had to get the racket ready ahead of time, and just take a deliberate and measured swing through the ball and great results followed. Never has it been so easy to hit a one handed backhand! I just get the racket ready, took a smooth easy swing and BAM! Awesome. Serve was very tough, and have read that you cant be whippy and get good results. And the ridiculous stability combined with low power allow me to returned the hardest groundstrokes with interest. I cant wait to hit more with it!! :)

guedoguedo
03-23-2008, 06:14 PM
I have a question too. Any k90 users tried synthetic gut full job vs poly full job (or hybrid) ? Im curious if you still get good spin and control with synthetic gut. Im used to polyester because i hit with 98/100 heads but I dont see synthetic gut breaking too easily on the 90.

supermario343
03-23-2008, 06:18 PM
another satisfied tour 90 customer : ) lol...im going to be trying that combo after i break my Technifibre strings i currently just put on

soggyramen
03-23-2008, 06:37 PM
the k90 is my favorite tour 90 2nd only to the prostaff tour 90. and the tour 90 is also my fav midsize racquet. nothing will ever come close to the prostaff tour 90

Azzurri
03-23-2008, 07:07 PM
contact me when it gets too heavy for you. There is a lighter version out there.

J011yroger
03-23-2008, 07:09 PM
contact me when it gets too heavy for you. There is a lighter version out there.

Hey man, where in PA do you live? Maybe we could get together for a hit over the summer, I am always travelling for tourneys.

J

PeterFig
03-23-2008, 11:53 PM
I just got a couple of the Asian spec'd K90's and love them even more than the US K90's. I loved the K90's but found it a little sluggish on a few shots (like snapping through a serve) but the Asian version solved that problem. It's 11.3 vs 12.0 oz and for me it makes a great racquet become an amazing racquet! I had such a great time playing with the AK90's today. I was able to whip my forehands better so despite the lighter weight my forehands were harder and I was able to impart a bit more topspin. It actually feels more like my PS85's I used to play with - which is a good thing.

Azzurri
03-24-2008, 04:34 PM
Hey man, where in PA do you live? Maybe we could get together for a hit over the summer, I am always travelling for tourneys.

J

Hey J,
I live in the Scranton area. Not at your level, but could at least give you a warm-up..lol. Not many tourney's around here though. I may be coming to the US Open, so I am listed on your USO thread...hope to see you soon either way.

Azzurri
03-24-2008, 04:36 PM
I just got a couple of the Asian spec'd K90's and love them even more than the US K90's. I loved the K90's but found it a little sluggish on a few shots (like snapping through a serve) but the Asian version solved that problem. It's 11.3 vs 12.0 oz and for me it makes a great racquet become an amazing racquet! I had such a great time playing with the AK90's today. I was able to whip my forehands better so despite the lighter weight my forehands were harder and I was able to impart a bit more topspin. It actually feels more like my PS85's I used to play with - which is a good thing.

Terrific to hear! If you can gandle the weight of the USK90 then it is a terrific racquet, but the AK90 is perfect for us that just need a little less weight. FYI: this will be the last batch of lighter versions to be sold. I am stocking up with 2-4 more this summer.

PeterFig
03-24-2008, 04:48 PM
Terrific to hear! If you can gandle the weight of the USK90 then it is a terrific racquet, but the AK90 is perfect for us that just need a little less weight. FYI: this will be the last batch of lighter versions to be sold. I am stocking up with 2-4 more this summer.

I didn't mind the weight for most shots with the USK90 ... but a few like snapping through on the serve and a few groundies that i had to hit a little behind me always caused me trouble. I also had occasional problems on crosscourt forehand returns. With the AK90's I'm able to 'correct' all those issues and not loose anything that makes the K90 a great racquet.

I'm going to play with them a few more times and if they continue to impress I'll order another 1 or 2 to stock up.

sunnyIce
03-24-2008, 05:09 PM
hi. i briefly hit with the k90 recently. wow! is all i can say. i have been away from the game but am starting to get back in. am trying to find some good racquets. the k90 was spectacular with groundies, and my serve was massive! my friend almost choked when i first served with it. i struggled quite a bit with shots hit at faster pace or running shots. i just wasnt ready on time.

AK90 seems interesting. where would i be able to find demos or racquets for sale?

PeterFig
03-24-2008, 05:12 PM
hi. i briefly hit with the k90 recently. wow! is all i can say. i have been away from the game but am starting to get back in. am trying to find some good racquets. the k90 was spectacular with groundies, and my serve was massive! my friend almost choked when i first served with it. i struggled quite a bit with shots hit at faster pace or running shots. i just wasnt ready on time.

AK90 seems interesting. where would i be able to find demos or racquets for sale?

I'm not sure about demos as it's not sold in North America. I ordered mine from Hong Kong. I've seen them on sale in the For Sale Forum here too once in a while.

J011yroger
03-24-2008, 07:25 PM
Hey J,
I live in the Scranton area. Not at your level, but could at least give you a warm-up..lol. Not many tourney's around here though. I may be coming to the US Open, so I am listed on your USO thread...hope to see you soon either way.

OK, either way, would still be cool meeting up.

J

ILLVILLIAN
03-24-2008, 07:42 PM
Trying to find asian version. Anyone have any tips?

PeterFig
03-24-2008, 08:13 PM
Trying to find asian version. Anyone have any tips?

Contact BreakPoint - he set me up with a contact for getting some AK90's

Azzurri
03-25-2008, 10:13 AM
OK, either way, would still be cool meeting up.

J

I will have a better idea in June. I assume you have gone to the USO a few times. I will need to speak w/you regarding tickets (how and where to get them).

J011yroger
03-25-2008, 02:43 PM
I will have a better idea in June. I assume you have gone to the USO a few times. I will need to speak w/you regarding tickets (how and where to get them).

Sure, just e-mail me privately. I think last year I got them on a deal through AMEX.

J

Azzurri
03-26-2008, 05:41 AM
Sure, just e-mail me privately. I think last year I got them on a deal through AMEX.

J

will do..thanks J.