PDA

View Full Version : POG Mid Question

jb193
03-23-2008, 05:43 PM
Since this frame has such an open string pattern, what exactly is the physical toll on the string in terms of playability in regards to regular 16g synthetic gut? I am not a string breaker, so I am not concerned about that. I am just a bit concerned that I may have to string this racquet every other match due to loss of tension or playability. I usually get about 8 hours of playability in my current frame which is a PSC 6.1 classic. Thanks ahead of time for any insight.

jasonbourne
03-25-2008, 09:48 AM
jb193, I used both rackets in the past. Still use the POG mid on occasion. The difference in length of playability between the two were not drastically different.

Kirko
03-25-2008, 09:54 AM
Since this frame has such an open string pattern, what exactly is the physical toll on the string in terms of playability in regards to regular 16g synthetic gut? I am not a string breaker, so I am not concerned about that. I am just a bit concerned that I may have to string this racquet every other match due to loss of tension or playability. I usually get about 8 hours of playability in my current frame which is a PSC 6.1 classic. Thanks ahead of time for any insight.

I play with a guy who uses the POG mid and for sure its a "black-hole" for re-stringing, but he writes it off as part of the price of using the frame. I don't blame him he plays so well with it why change to "squeeze" some minutes or hrs. out of a string job. he rotates between three frames.

jb193
03-26-2008, 05:16 AM
Thanks guys. I appreciate your responses.......

LPShanet
03-26-2008, 07:54 AM

Which version of the POG are you speaking of? If you're talking about the ORIGINAL Series 90, it's enough smaller that despite the open pattern, string breaking isn't a major problem compared to the PSC 6.1 Classic.