PDA

View Full Version : what a nuisance >>

Kirko
03-23-2008, 06:46 PM
that rubber collar that comes with every racket today. all they do is slide around the throat of the racket, serve no purpose at all. finishing tape is all that needed period.this collar even came on my kennex 5G pse rackets. I cut those rubber collars off as soon as I get a racket. by the way this kennex 5G pse is an awesome frame!!

hewittfan3
03-23-2008, 06:48 PM
if your talking about the thing thats supposed to keep the overgrip still...then none of my yonex racquets come with them

misakikidd
03-23-2008, 07:07 PM
if your talking about the thing thats supposed to keep the overgrip still...then none of my yonex racquets come with them

you gotta buy em seperate. i do and i love it. saves the yonex tape i get and i can use it for tournagrips so they are labeled yonex

anirut
03-23-2008, 07:08 PM
PK's rubber is a bit on the "hard" side and break/slide easily. I have a Dunlop rubber (that comes with a replacement grip) on my Redondo and it works well.

Careful, just make sure your rubber doesn't break while in a hot game. ;)

hewittfan3
03-23-2008, 07:26 PM
you gotta buy em seperate. i do and i love it. saves the yonex tape i get and i can use it for tournagrips so they are labeled yonex

where do you buy them seperately

ChocolatePie
03-23-2008, 07:33 PM
The babolat ones are great. They never slide.

jayserinos99
03-23-2008, 07:51 PM
that rubber collar that comes with every racket today. all they do is slide around the throat of the racket, serve no purpose at all. finishing tape is all that needed period.this collar even came on my kennex 5G pse rackets. I cut those rubber collars off as soon as I get a racket. by the way this kennex 5G pse is an awesome frame!!

I agree with you. No matter the brand, they all tend to slip around and it is quite annoying. I just take them off my racquets until I get rid of them, then I just stick them back on.

misakikidd
03-23-2008, 07:54 PM
where do you buy them seperately

well in the summer i go to japan to visit my uncle and play tennis and there is a tennis shop close buy that sells em for about 376 yen each. so maybe a good 4$ plus or minus a few cents. i think thats the only way you can get them

autumn_leaf
03-23-2008, 08:02 PM
i like the one on my head racquet. it doesn't mover around at all and it feels much better than the tape does. i have to lift mine up to move it.

Deuce
03-23-2008, 10:56 PM
I have Head, Dunlop, and Wilson rubbers... and they all move.
They actually roll up and down.

I think it depends on what your non-playing hand is doing during points. With me, I inevitably touch the top of the handle with my non-playing hand (to rotate the racquet from slice to topspin, etc.), and that's where I roll the rubber things.

It is a pain, and I often vow to remove them - but I never actually do.
I have grip tape holding my grips on - but for some reason, I keep the rubbers on the off chance that I may need them in an 'emergency' - like if the grip tape suddenly becomes unglued for no apparent reason.
Paranoid?
Yeah.

I wish these rubber things were easily accessible in different colours. It would be a way to colour code our raquets.

hewittfan3
03-24-2008, 10:28 AM
well in the summer i go to japan to visit my uncle and play tennis and there is a tennis shop close buy that sells em for about 376 yen each. so maybe a good 4$ plus or minus a few cents. i think thats the only way you can get them

well you should pick some up for me

thejuice
03-24-2008, 07:03 PM
I have Head, Dunlop, and Wilson rubbers... and they all move.
They actually roll up and down.

I think it depends on what your non-playing hand is doing during points. With me, I inevitably touch the top of the handle with my non-playing hand (to rotate the racquet from slice to topspin, etc.), and that's where I roll the rubber things.

It is a pain, and I often vow to remove them - but I never actually do.
I have grip tape holding my grips on - but for some reason, I keep the rubbers on the off chance that I may need them in an 'emergency' - like if the grip tape suddenly becomes unglued for no apparent reason.
Paranoid?
Yeah.

I wish these rubber things were easily accessible in different colours. It would be a way to colour code our raquets.

You should try Trojan rubbers. I've never have them to move or break on me and they can withstand a lot of pounding all while maintaining their shape. Lifestyles come in different colors but they do tend to move and break so be careful.

:):):)

iplaybetter
03-24-2008, 07:05 PM
i like them to cover the wilson sticker on my pro overgrips