PDA

View Full Version : Speaking For Itself

Joey
01-03-2005, 03:27 AM
I bought 2 Head LM Prestige Mid racquets after reading a lot of reviews and posts on several racquets. I actually ordered the Yonex RDX 500 Mid and then changed my mind in time, luckily. It seems to me that LM Prestige Mid users tend to keep their secret to themselves where the RDX 500 Mid users are constantly raving about the racquet.

Any thoughts?

BLiND
01-03-2005, 03:59 AM
Well while I really liked the RDX500 Mid, I prefer the LM Prestige... its a much more solid feeling racquet, and much much more stable, though the RDX is stable for its weight. Spin is simular, but I'm not a spin fanatic, and serving is better with the Prestige.

Both good, but I always come back to the solid feel of the Prestige line.

b.
01-03-2005, 06:18 AM
My HO is that product image is very important. No one is realy, completely objective, and it makes sense.

But, while some product are "good in default", and have to show lots of nasty things to dissapoint, others have to show lots of good things to gain "respect".

Some Heads and Wilsons are in the first category IMHO, Yonex is more in the second in general public. Of course - members of Yonex cult like myself, have Yonex in the first category too!

Few years ago I had read results of one extensive poll done by one German photo magazine. They chewed data and came to conclusion that often owners of the more expensive equipment are more tollerant to objective flaws in their equipment (to a certain degree - some things are not tollerated). It sounds contradictory, but I do beleive there is at least grain of truth in it. One pays for a prestige, not only the goods. (hehe - prestige, Prestige)

At last LM Prestige is a very good racquet, but often compared to it's predecessors. That is it's misfortune that came with the Prestige cult.

I do rave about RDX because I'm really delighted with it. With Prestige too, but prefer RDX.

BreakPoint
01-03-2005, 10:56 AM
Funny, but I found the exact opposite to be true, i.e., I found the RDX 500 Mid to be more solid feeling than the LM Prestige. I guess that's why we all have opinions.