PDA

View Full Version : Threw my racquet at the ground by accident.

K-LEG
03-23-2008, 08:09 PM
It was raining here in Maine, and I was serving with my Head Liquidmetal Prestige. I lost grip of the racquet and it hit the ground.

don_nguyen11490
03-23-2008, 08:35 PM
If you can't see any visible cracks, if you can't find any visible hairlines, if you play exactly the same way as you did before and get the same results then stop being paranoid.

You're lucky. I had the same accident and my racket busted.

tennisdude083
03-23-2008, 08:37 PM
i have an aerogel 300 and there is a hairline crack running down the side of the frame (where it says dunlop). is this bad?

the-robz
03-23-2008, 08:46 PM
i would say you did ruin your racquet. but not extensively. i would be so ****ed off if i did taht.

don_nguyen11490
03-23-2008, 08:48 PM
i have an aerogel 300 and there is a hairline crack running down the side of the frame (where it says dunlop). is this bad?

Unless its just a scratch, I'd buy another racket. Don't expect it to break any time soon though, maybe after 3-5 string jobs.

K-LEG
03-23-2008, 09:12 PM
I think I found a hairline on the throat...

It's about one inches long. I'm not sure if it's a hairline or paint chip, I'm so depressed. Is there anyway I can return it or anything I'm so desperate.

tennisdude083
03-23-2008, 09:28 PM
Unless its just a scratch, I'd buy another racket. Don't expect it to break any time soon though, maybe after 3-5 string jobs.

it could be just a long crack in the paint, but im not sure.

quest01
03-23-2008, 09:43 PM
It looks like it may be an internal injury because of the rattling noise from the inside.

AlpineCadet
03-23-2008, 10:02 PM
Only time will tell. Hope you kept your receipt for the frame--and if it cracks, I'm sure you can claim it under warranty if it hasn't been a complete year yet.

K-LEG
03-23-2008, 10:15 PM
I've only had it for a month. Please AlpineCadet tell me how I can do that.

vndesu
03-23-2008, 11:02 PM
post a pic then mayb we can help

Cup8489
03-24-2008, 05:10 AM
post a pic then mayb we can help

i concur, pics will help us out a great deal.

Loco4Tennis
03-24-2008, 05:56 AM
I was playing with my one week old Dunlop Aerogel 200 and while I was serving, I lost grip of the racquet...

So I basically threw the racquet at the ground, it wasn't good. The top of the head was the only part that made contact with the ground. There is only a little scratch on the grommet. Now there is a rattling noise coming from inside the racquet. Having dealt with this noise before I just popped open the buttcap and shook the racquet until the debris came out. A little piece of the racquet came out, about 1/4 an inch long but very skinny. Also, there is still a rattling noise coming from inside the racquet. I tried to keep shaking the racquet to have whatever is inside come out but it won't. I have to shake the racquet really hard to hear the rattling noise. I think it's coming from the bottom of the racquet's head near the throat.

My question is, did I ruin the racquet? I know I'm over exaggerating a bit but I was really mad at myself for letting it happen. It was starting to rain and I was using tournagrip as my overgrip at that time. It's been performing the same as usual since them but, I'm really paranoid.

i think you might have nocked some paint off, eitherr inside as well as outside
if there are no visible cracks, then should be good enough to keep playing
try to remove the butcap and get inside the racquet to remove the loose pieces your talking about, only then will you know if you have done some other internal damage
if your lucky you provably just broke apice off and not cracked the racquet