PDA

View Full Version : Volkl 10 series and Becker 11 series

crosscourt
03-24-2008, 02:48 AM
Volkl has dumped its 10 series other than the c10 and Becker has brought in an 11 series. But my reading of the many very helpful reviews of the 11 series on these boards, and on the TW review, is that the 11 is not quite the baseline/topspin players stick that most of the 10 series was. Is this right?

I have hit with the old c10. Very soft almost tinny feeling in the hoop as I recall. Is that still the case with the new c10s. And is the power level really "low-medium"?

Many thanks.

cc

srvnvly
03-24-2008, 04:47 AM
it is also interesting that the SW of the new Volkl 10 is much lower than the Becker 11 (325g), which is unfortunate. Any thoughts Craig, or NBMJ? Appreciate your opinions!

TourTenor
03-24-2008, 08:08 AM
Volkl has dumped its 10 series other than the c10 and Becker has brought in an 11 series. But my reading of the many very helpful reviews of the 11 series on these boards, and on the TW review, is that the 11 is not quite the baseline/topspin players stick that most of the 10 series was. Is this right?

I have hit with the old c10. Very soft almost tinny feeling in the hoop as I recall. Is that still the case with the new c10s. And is the power level really "low-medium"?

Many thanks.

cc
You might want to check the recent threads on the "New Black C10 Pro" the "BB11 Mid Review" and I believe there is one on the BB11S, as well. The BB11 racquets (I have played with the standard version) and the C10 Pro are great all court players racquets. From my experience and from what I've read, these racquets have a little more pop than most of the prior 10 series, with some exceptions. If you have a big, full swing, with good racquet head speed, I'm sure you will dig the baseline bashing you can do with any of the new sticks. 8)