PDA

View Full Version : Do HL Racquets Produce More Spin?

Babb
03-24-2008, 09:18 AM
Forgive me if this is a dumb question. But as titled. I'm just curious...

0d1n
03-24-2008, 09:21 AM
Rackets don't produce spin. Players do. As a result...if you're better suited to (or used to) head light rackets ... YOU will produce more spin with them. That doesn't mean that another player won't produce more spin using a Hyper Hammer instead of a Pro Staff.

Babb
03-24-2008, 09:24 AM
But technically, which is more capable? Or is there no difference?

0d1n
03-24-2008, 09:31 AM
But technically, which is more capable? Or is there no difference?

Spin is mostly dependent upon racket speed and swing path. Balance doesn't come into the equation (at least not for EVERYBODY in the same way).
Any given player will produce the "most spin he is capable of given his level/technique" with a different racket balance.
I'll grant you that players using head light rackets probably produce more spin on average, but that's because advanced players usually prefer head light rackets ... and ...advanced players know how to produce spin (if you know what I mean :P).

Shangri La
03-24-2008, 09:49 AM
There are many variables but generally speaking spin comes from head speed, which hl racquets give you more.

Babb
03-24-2008, 12:50 PM
Thanks everyone for educating me :D

VinhLam
03-24-2008, 01:24 PM
I don't know if its right, but i feel that headlight racquet offers more spin. I know that headheavy racquet offers more power. My friend got a comment from a college coach at a tournament and he finaly decide to change his racquet. He had a nCode nForce 5. He switched to headlight racquets because they have more control. I guess spin come in that control. But yeh i tihnk headlight racquet gives more spin.

Agent Orynge
03-24-2008, 03:28 PM
I would recommend reading this, I put quite a bit of thought into all my posts;

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=174551

Agent Orynge
03-25-2008, 03:08 PM
More wasted thought, I see.