PDA

View Full Version : how to clean racquet?

CaveMan
03-24-2008, 03:43 PM
So, I got that Babolat I was telling you all about. Its really nice, only, its a bit dirty. The guy who had it before is a tennis instructor, he said he sprayed glue on the strings and he felt it gave him more control.........aside from that, some of his overspray got on the outside, so it needs a little TLC on it. Its strung with Wilson NXT 16g. I hit with it for a few moments when I could wrestle it from my dad, loved it, very solid hitter. Glad to add the babolat to my house, and really want another now.

zidane339
03-24-2008, 04:28 PM
spraying glue?..think thats illegial..esp from a tennis instructer..

auzzieizm
03-24-2008, 04:33 PM
maybe try some paint thinner. I use it when the residue from lead tape stays on the frame after I take it off. I have never noticed any deterioration of the frame's appearance after using it on any frames either.

hewittfan3
03-24-2008, 04:42 PM
spraying glue?..think thats illegial..esp from a tennis instructer..

you know what else should be illegal. When people like stupid Materazzi say **** to people like zidane

TheSnowMan
03-24-2008, 04:59 PM
Use nail polish

CaveMan
03-24-2008, 05:09 PM
just got back from hitting it again. Used some 'goof off' to get it nice and beautiful. Absolutely love the racquet, even more so that my nCode. And I love the nCode. It hits very pure.

zidane339
03-24-2008, 08:03 PM
you know what else should be illegal. When people like stupid Materazzi say **** to people like zidane

yea man that was messed up.zidane shouldn't have blown up like that tho.cost them the game.but, its pretty hard not too.

the-robz
03-24-2008, 08:06 PM
Lick your fingers. THen rub it off.

themitchmann
03-25-2008, 03:47 AM
Goof off works well for adhesives. Nail polish remover for any paint scuffs. Rubbing alcohol for grime/dirt/dust. Good old fashion water and soft toothbrush works well to loosen various filth.