PDA

View Full Version : Shark MP shock to the arm

bpb1brou
03-24-2008, 04:44 PM
I play with a Prince Turbo Shark MP(The Original, not O3 Hybrid) and string it with Wilson Sensation @60. I always use a vibration dampener. Since the shark is a stiff frame(I think about 70), I tend to get soreness in my elbow if I play 2 or 3 days straight. My question is what can I do to reduce the stress on my arm? I didn't want to add any weight. Is there any material that I could stuff in the handle, I don't know, maybe cotton balls? I'm a middle to upper 3.0 so obviously part of the cause is not consistently making contact in the sweet spot. Supposedly Sensation is more confortable on the are that most other strings. Also, I don't like the trampoline effect of stringing at the lower end. Any suggestions? Thanks.

LanEvo
03-24-2008, 06:30 PM
yea i heard filling up the handle with cotton helps because its a softer feel and reduces vibration

raiden031
03-24-2008, 06:55 PM
I play with the Shark MP without a vibration dampener. Its stiffness is only 64. I find it to be a very comfortable racquet and haven't had any problems. Hate to say it but it probably has more to do with your technique than with the racquet.

XhotXEX1290
03-24-2008, 08:53 PM
the shark is very far from being an extremely stiff racquet. it's actually quite forgiving. it's probably your technique. string it lower for more power, so you don't need to use your arm so much.