PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Agent

Scuderia
03-25-2008, 11:07 AM
Just wanted to share this with you guys (not like any of you care though):

So I use a K95, I have two just in case my strings break on the other while im playing. So one of them felt kind of weird, the racket was no longer feeling solid everytime it striked a ball. It felt flimsy and there were vibrations all over the racket. So i brought it in my local tennis shop, and they said they would give it to their Wilson Agent to check it out, two weeks later (today) they called in and said I get a free K95 since the one before was screwed up. It was about time too, the K95 that was feeling weird had been strung over 20 times and was pretty beaten up.

Anyone else share the same experience? Is it likely for tennis racket companies to do this?

Thanks.

SFrazeur
03-25-2008, 11:52 AM
Every company has different standards on replacements. I do not know about Wilson, but as their quality control is not tht great they are probably pron to replace racquet more often than others.

Yonex is supposed to be one of the utmost stingiest.

-SF

40Love
03-25-2008, 09:32 PM
Wilson is great about warranty support. They have supplied me racket replacements for years! Not long ago they replaced two rackets that had been run over by a truck. Sent them to the warranty center with a letter telling them what actually happened and a week later UPS delivered two new ones! That's one of the reasons I have and will continue to play Wilson.

zidane339
03-25-2008, 09:36 PM
haha..."ummm so my racquets were somehow in the road..a large semi came by and demolished them.Can I use my warrenty?"..."Sure!Heres some new racquets!"...haha gotta love wilson

Scuderia
03-25-2008, 10:33 PM
Wilson is great about warranty support. They have supplied me racket replacements for years! Not long ago they replaced two rackets that had been run over by a truck. Sent them to the warranty center with a letter telling them what actually happened and a week later UPS delivered two new ones! That's one of the reasons I have and will continue to play Wilson.

Wow are you serious? I thought they dont replace racquets if damage is caused by accidents, negligence, or damaging them (i.e stringing them at high tension - not like they would know). But thats great, did you have to use your warranty card too? or you just simply contacted them

hyogen
03-25-2008, 11:06 PM

that's really cool! I love a company that takes care of you... but here's the reality check...they can afford to do this because possibly they're not spending enough $ on quality control, etc. they can afford to have bad quality control b/c they have some of the biggest names in tennis like the #1 man/woman... and people like us flock to buy their product even if it's an inferior build. :x

SFrazeur
03-25-2008, 11:09 PM
I've often comment on Wilson's Quality Control Department motto being "Variety is the spice of life."

-SF

hyogen
03-25-2008, 11:12 PM
lol. i don't know about other racquet company QC standards..but even on Yonex...my RDX i think says XXX grams plus or minus 7 grams. haha

and it's made in Japan!!!!!!!!!!

qtipkorea4u
03-25-2008, 11:31 PM
how do you contact wilson agent?

or you just call Wilson and say "I think i have problems with my racquet?

lol can anybody tell more about this with detailed situation or explanation?

thanx

Scuderia
03-26-2008, 11:28 AM
I actually have no idea, for me I just contacted them through my local tennis shop where they contacted their Wilson distributer/agent. There is this warranty card that comes with the racquet, but im assuming that it has to be filled out by the tennis store you bought your racquet at. Hope that helps.

40Love
03-26-2008, 07:20 PM
Here is the Wilson Warranty Center. I think they are consolidating all warranty support at this location. It use to be out in Utah.

Wilson Sporting Goods Co.
Attn: Warranty
2440 Couchville Pike
Nashville, TN 37217
1-800-449-6639

Even though I have a Wilson package as a teaching pro, I agree with SF that you never know what you are going to get with their specs.

roundiesee
03-26-2008, 08:29 PM
Like Scuderia, I also had my Wilson replaced some years ago without any hassle. I damaged my Wilson HPS 6.1 when it came off my hand whilst serving. There was a visible crack on the hoop. I took it to the local tennis shop who cantacted the Wilson rep. He replaced this with a new one, no questions asked. Pretty good service really, and through no fault of the company in my case.

mraznman
03-26-2008, 08:58 PM
Every company has different standards on replacements. I do not know about Wilson, but as their quality control is not tht great they are probably pron to replace racquet more often than others.

Yonex is supposed to be one of the utmost stingiest.

-SF

I think yonex is stingiest cuz their asian xD

qtipkorea4u
03-30-2008, 02:04 PM
what if a person didn't keep their warranty.... or didn't buy from the local or proshop?

NicolasH
03-30-2008, 07:49 PM
We used to get Rackets replaced all the time.
The basic rule was that you couldn't break a racket a la McEnroe and then say: "It broke on the stringing machine."

You can usually tell how a racket got broken, stress fractures around the throat area etc. usually meant bad quality control or just a bad batch.

There's also a way to toss your racket around so it doesn't break... taking these factors into account the right decision was usually made. A good retailer/company should probably give the customer a little of 'benefit of doubt'. Naturally if you're a junior player and known as a hot head it's a bit more problematic.

Cheers,
n.