PDA

View Full Version : slazenger a "bargain" racket? >>

Kirko
03-25-2008, 12:59 PM
thats all I see now is slazenger as a pre-strung racket to "get started" in tennis now.

AndrewD
03-25-2008, 02:19 PM
The Slazenger NX-One is an excellent racquet that can be used by players of all standards. My only gripe is that it was too light but most people wouldn't have a problem. Outstanding at net, excellent to serve with and good enough off the ground.

TenniseaWilliams
03-27-2008, 07:47 AM
Hated the NX-One. Even weighted, was too stiff and flimsy feeling. Of course, I was expecting a new version of the X1, so perhaps disappointment factors in. Does anyone know if it is based on one of the newer Dunlop models? Are they just repainting Dunlops now?

nickb
03-27-2008, 08:37 AM
Yep the NX-One is a good stick...really like it...great value for the price over here in the UK. Great looking racket and bag is nice too.

Nick

In D Zone
03-27-2008, 11:19 AM
I believed the NX1 EU version is plays much betta than the US version.

AndrewD
03-27-2008, 02:54 PM
nickb,

I gather that the NX-One we get in Australia and the UK is considerably different to the one sold in America. Going on posts made here, the US version seems to be more like the NX-Two, a racquet somewhat similar to the old 300G. The only real problem I had with the NX-One and the only reason why Im not using it currently is that it's too light and too close to Even balance. Adding weight doesn't really help very much as you can never lose the feel of a light-weight racquet, no-matter how heavy you make it.

Did you ever hit with the Tecnifibre TF320/335? I gather they're from the same mold as the NX-One but with a much higher initial static weight and closer to 8pts HL.

Either way, given both of its specs (US and Aus/UK), how could anyone be expecting a new version of the X-1?

TenniseaWilliams
03-27-2008, 08:25 PM
Either way, given both of its specs (US and Aus/UK), how could anyone be expecting a new version of the X-1?

Andrew, hindsight is 20/20. I had to buy it used and unseen, couldn't find much info and patience not my strong point. Saw Henman with it (could have been a paintjob) and hit the bay hard. Could someone post the US or Aus/UK specs? Here are the specs of the one I have:
292g
98 sq in
stiffness: 64
16x19

AndrewD
03-28-2008, 07:57 AM
Andrew, hindsight is 20/20. I had to buy it used and unseen, couldn't find much info and patience not my strong point. Saw Henman with it (could have been a paintjob) and hit the bay hard. Could someone post the US or Aus/UK specs? Here are the specs of the one I have:
292g
98 sq in
stiffness: 64
16x19

Henman's racquet was always a paintjob as his frame wasn't available to the public. Not 100% sure of his specs but it was a special Dunlop/Slazenger frame that mirrored the PS6.1 minus the PWS (Fish, Rusedski and Jamie Murray used it as well). That could mean Henman was only using a 95sq but I'm not certain.

Regardless, I can't provide a link as that contravenes TW policy but a search for Slazenger NX-One turns up quite a number of matches

The specs listed are:
Strung Weight:320g
Length: 27 inches
Head Size: 97 sq in
Balance: 4pts Head Light / 33cm's
Swingweight: about 320-325.
Stiffness/Flex: 64
String Pattern: 16x18

TenniseaWilliams
03-28-2008, 01:40 PM
Regardless, I can't provide a link as that contravenes TW policy but a search for Slazenger NX-One turns up quite a number of matches

Darn, just before I made a snippy comment, used a different search engine, got tons of hits with specs in them. My apologies for the laziness. My search engine seems awfully US specific (never noticed that before) Much more embarrassing than my original mistake of thinking the NX-1 would be a newer version of the X-1.

I stand triple corrected, promise to not badmouth the NX-1 in the future without making it clear it is the "US NX-1", or perhaps the "98 sq in NX-1", or even "NX-1 lite".