PDA

View Full Version : Ranked juniors - equipment discounts?

Jerry Seinfeld
03-23-2004, 08:53 AM
Can anyone tell me if Babolat has any type of discount program for juniors who are ranked in the top 10 within their state? I have a customer who asked me about this. Since I mostly spend my time in stringing forums, I am not familiar enough with these programs to provide any direction. Does anyone have any experience with these programs? Any contacts or web site that you might suggest?

Thanks!

David Pavlich
03-25-2004, 06:36 PM
In a word, no. I spoke with Babolat's guy (can't remember his name) about this topic. He told me that in order to get a preferred buyer status, a junior has to be ranked in the top 25 in his or her section. State rankings carry little weight.

Babolat offers a couple different packages for a set price. Something like 3 frames, a super six pack type bag, 6 sets of Xcell, a couple t-shirts and a hat. That is just a guess, but it's something along those lines.

David

PureCarlosMoyaDrive
03-25-2004, 07:03 PM
Does anyone know about Wilson's deals with juniors?

tennisboy87
03-26-2004, 03:49 PM
My friend got a deal with Babolat. He got 3 PDs, a Babolat 12-pack bag, 6 sets of XCell (I think it was XCell), a couple of t-shirts and a hat all for about $300. This is what Babolat does. PCMD, sorry I'm not familiar with what Wilson does. I got a good deal with Volkl. My coach knew the rep, and I was looking to switch to the Volkl Tour 9, so he contacted the guy, and I got a deal with Volkl that was similar to the deal that Babolat offers. Also, I don't think any companies give out discounted gear unless you are at least ranked sectionally. Hope I helped.

aceindahole2K5
03-26-2004, 08:48 PM
PCMD, what i was told was that wilson used to be one of the most avid sponsors of juniors, and then when none of the young americans seemed to amount to much in the mid to late 90's, they become much more conservative with who they sponsored. it is now a top 50 national ranking to qualify, i believe

tennismaster888
08-06-2007, 07:51 AM
im either going to buy a head racket or a babolat racket. I was like 12 in my section in the 12 and unders and i am 14 now. i was injured so my ranking in the 14s is only like 60. i have decided to start playing only 16 and under tournaments. does anyone know if i can get a discount from head or babolat and how i would go about doing so?