PDA

View Full Version : Switching from the Flexpoint Radical to...?

Yoh
03-25-2008, 04:33 PM
Im currently using the flexpoint radical, but i only have one of it. I then found out that it is now discontinued (anyone know why exactly?) and I thought that this would be a good time to change racquets.

Ive hit with the kFactor 6.1 for just a few minutes so i didnt come up with a solid opinion, but it seemed to be a solid racquet feeling a bit like the Head rackets... like rock solid and classic feel...

I tried the Pure Drive babolats but they seemed to have too much power with too little control compared to what im used to so im ruling that out...

My friend has one of those Nadal Babolats so I might try that out...

My problem is I make a bit too many unforced errors hitting the ball a bit too long, but sometimes my groundstrokes also dont have enough power and land near the service line...

What racquets do you think would fit me most out of those... and for the kFactor, the 16x18 or the 18x20?

Noveson
03-25-2008, 04:41 PM
What would fit you most is saving the money from racquets and getting some lessons in my opinion.

toughshot
03-25-2008, 04:47 PM
What would fit you most is saving the money from racquets and getting some lessons in my opinion.

i second that.

but if you need a replacement racquet.. i'd go with a MP Prestige, you cant go wrong.

Yoh
03-25-2008, 04:54 PM
I dont think I need too many more lessons. I've done that and I've been to camps. Its not like I dont know how to hit, its just that sometimes i pull the trigger but I cant control it and it goes out. And when its short its because it tense up. I need to play more matches, because have too much experience and I dont play in tournaments. I think i kinda know what I need. I need another racquet right now because I have only 2 racquets and they dont match and im breaking my strings week lately.

saram
03-25-2008, 04:58 PM

I'll third that. No racket is going to clean up UE's on its own.

Yoh
03-25-2008, 05:14 PM
Ok... I'll repeat... I dont expect the racquet to help my game. Am asking which one would suit it... and Im a baseliner...

Im not getting this to necessarily improve my game, sure it would be nice if it did.

I need new racquets because I dont have enough and they discontinued my current racquet and I want to change the feel of what im currently using.

kungfusmkim
03-25-2008, 05:18 PM
Have you tried the K factor 6.1 TEAM? Its even balance so you can add weight at the handle or head to customize it to make it feel like your Flexpoint Radical.