PDA

View Full Version : Please help advice me which racket to buy/test.....

ClubHoUno
03-25-2008, 06:23 PM
Hello Tennis fans :-D

I currently own 2 of the Wilson K Factor K6.1 95 18 X 20, 2 of the Wilson K Factor K6.1 Team 18 X 20, 2 of the Head MicroGel Prestige Pro 16 X 19 and just got two of the Head MicroGel Radical Pro - but unfortunately I broke the grommet on one of my brand new Radical Pro's this morning in a doubles match.

I barely touched the net with my new Radical Pro trying to do an aggressive volley and the grommet came off in 3 pieces :evil:

I've sent both of them back and will get new and better grommets on them - hopefully grommets just like the ones on my two Prestige pro rackets. The grommets on my Prestige Pro rackets seem much more sturdy and durable than the one on my Radical Pro's.

The guy I bought the rackets from offered me a full refund - I can choose two other rackets from his shop - free of choice, if I don't want the Radical Pro's back. I'm used to 18 X 20 string pattern and 95 SQ" head size, have always played Wilson Pro staff 95 rackets - but I'm in my mid 30's and felt I wanted to try a larger frame with an more open string pattern. The Prestige Pro really feels like a great racket to me. Don't get me wrong - I still LOVE my K Factor rackets and will continue to have them i my bag.
Just feel like sometimes I need a bit more power and forgiveness, without loosing all of the control and 95 SQ" 18 X 20 racket will provide.

I'm contemplating whether or not to keep my two Radical Pro's - the 100 SQ" 16 X 19 string pattern felt a bit too wild for me. Lost a bit control compared to my Prestige Pro and certainly compared to my K Factor K6.1 95.

Should I go for two Prestige MidPlus 98 SQ" 18 X 20 instead of my two Radical Pro's - or maybe even try the K Factor K6.1 16 X 18 ?

I'm an all court type of player - index 4.5. Flat one handed backhand, can use a wicked slice on my backhand too, a topspin classic old school forehand and like to attack going into the net on my serve, when ever I see a chance to do so.

I can't test the rackets in question currently, so I have to buy them and test them and then sell the ones, I like the least later on.

Which racket would you recommend me to try out :confused:
I like to try a lot of the new rackets out, and this is how I know which one will fit my game the best.

Thanks for helping me with advice :)

vinhextreme
03-25-2008, 06:24 PM
pure storm tour
easy for one handed backhand XD

eric892
03-25-2008, 06:30 PM
Babolat Pure Drive Roddick Plus.

Good for serve, groundstrokes and for 1HBH as the lenght is longer but it is more suited for the 2HBH but and it works fine for my 1HBH too.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk60/eric892/DSCF0071.jpg

P8ntballa
03-25-2008, 06:38 PM
if you want something with a little more zip in a 95 Id say go with the yonex RQiS1 tour, good pop for a 95 very forgiving and loads of spin. The mg Prestiege mp is also an excellant frame and felt great from all areas of the court. The 06-07 RDS001 mp is also a great all court stick great forgiveness and lots of control. Just to add in the Wilson Kpro Tour is a very intresting frame, its fairly light at 11.7oz with an overgrip and has a 96 head it gave me about the same pop as my RDS but in a lighter package, stability became an issue against heavy serves but you can really rip shots due to the light sw. The Kpro Tour was too light for me but it was a very good hit, with some lead at the 12 I think it would be a great stick.

ClubHoUno
03-25-2008, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the advice so far, guys - I really do appreciate it :)

I haven't thought about Yonex. My local tennis dealer sells both Yonex, Dunlop, Babolat, Wilson, Head; Technifibre & Prince rackets- so I have a lot to choose from.

Only the pretty thick 25 mm hoop of the Yonex RQiS1 tour has got me worried a bit.....I prefer a relatively thin frame....20-21 mm thick frame. I have some trouble slicing with the same precision and confidence, if the frame is thicker than 23-24 mm.

Tennis Warehouse also gave the RQiS1 tour a very very low power rating of only 68 - maybe they just had a bad review day, but this score is very low in my view - even for a 95 SQ" players racket.

The Babolat Pure Storm Tour has got my attention now - I totally overlooked that one, when I skipped all the Babolats because of the thick frames, they all seem to have. The Pure Storm only has a 21 mm thick frame - anybody with experience with this particular racket ?

tzinc
03-25-2008, 10:38 PM
you could do search on pure storm tour it's a popular racquet

ClubHoUno
03-26-2008, 12:02 AM
you could do search on pure storm tour it's a popular racquet

Just did, and found a lot of love for this racket and many rate it as the best feeling Babolat racket (not saying much for a Babolat though)

But some also says it's a fragile racket with a frame, that often will tend to crack :-?

I think I'm going for a Head Micro Gel Prestige MidPlus and will see how I like it compared to my Prestige Pro and my Wilson rackets.

Serve n' Volley
03-26-2008, 04:58 AM
Can't you just demo them if it's at a pro shop?

ClubHoUno
03-26-2008, 05:02 AM
Can't you just demo them if it's at a pro shop?

I quite possible could - but not with my preferred strings (hybrid og Natural gut and Luxilon) and I also prefer to test a racket over 2-3 weeks and not just 1-2 days. I know this is the more expensive way to do things, but I prefer to do it that way :)

Iced_jacob
03-26-2008, 05:13 AM
If the shop has tecnifibre then give the tfight 320 18x 20 a shot...Probably the best racket in the category of 340g strung and 18x20 pattern