PDA

View Full Version : Which racquet brand is your favorite and least favorite, and why?

Brett
03-25-2008, 08:05 PM
Favorite: Pro Kennex

Least Favorite: Fischer

This should be interesting, also explain why on both!

vndesu
03-25-2008, 08:14 PM
you tell us explain but you dont explain your reasons... nice

sonicboi21
03-25-2008, 08:16 PM
Favorite- Babolat. I think they make really good aero's. i really like the spin they generate.
Least favorite- has to be dunlop. i just dont like the feel of the multi fill. feels too hollow

tzinc
03-25-2008, 11:47 PM
Babolat is my favourite don't have any I don't like...

vkartikv
03-25-2008, 11:58 PM
Favourite(s):
1. Dunlop: Every single 200g series has been impressive (both the 90 and 95 sq.in. dense pattern versions)
2. Wilson: Second only to dunlop, reason being that their quality control is terrible and they haven't made a replacement for the 6.0 95

Least favourite(s)
1. Babolat: Too stiff, too light, too painful
2. Yonex: There is something about the way they flex that make for awful feel
3. Prince: What are these holes doing in my racquet????

Tempest344
03-26-2008, 01:22 AM
Head- I really Like their Radicals esp LM Radical MP
they always have a good solid feeling

Dislike
Slazenger- too light, feel hollow, every one I have ever tried has given me a sore arm afterwards

mdjenders
03-26-2008, 01:42 AM
Favorite: Prince - I love the POG and the grip shape. The rest of their lineup is kind of suspect, but the POG is #1 for me. As soon as Prince stops making the POG and the lineup is literally completely full of holes, this will be in the dislike category.

Dislike: Volkl - I dont like the lack of feel in their frames because of the handle dampening. Also, Wilson - shoddy QC.

crawl4
03-26-2008, 01:43 AM
wilson: Love the closer strings

HATTEEEE
BABOLAT..i havent had enough demoing but the 3 i have demoed have been garbage..no power

ClubHoUno
03-26-2008, 01:46 AM
Favorites:

Wilson - classic 18 X 20 95 SQ" frames for control
Head - powerful yet controllable and nice paint jobs
Vantage - custom made rackets are pretty nice to bag

Least favorites:

I really can't think of any.....play what ever works for you

DC Tennis Fan
03-26-2008, 09:46 AM
Favorite : Vantage - there is nothing like having a customized frame. The build and quality control are excellent.

Least favorite: Gamma. Any company that produces a racquet called "Big Bubba" can't be taken seriously. :)

03-26-2008, 09:48 AM
wilson: Love the closer strings

HATTEEEE
BABOLAT..i havent had enough demoing but the 3 i have demoed have been garbage..no power

WTF did you play with. Did yours have cracks in the frame?

Doc Hollidae
03-26-2008, 10:26 AM
Favorite: Head. Great rackets. The Radical and Prestige Line are great sticks and they make dense string patterns. Other companies only have a few if any dense string patterns.

Least Favorite: Babolat. The Pure Drive changed tennis and made it a lot easier for a lot of players.

kanjii
03-26-2008, 11:10 AM
Fav: Head and Babolat- both powerful and good feeling racquets.

Hate: Kneissl- well, when I had the Lendl, it was light, stiff, and tennis elbow city.

tenniscore
03-26-2008, 11:28 AM
Favorite: Prince or Head - hands down. In the last couple years Prince has stepped it up huge ... they are like the upstart brand now and i agree with Doc Hollidae..Head Radical and Prestige are sweet sticks too.

Least Fav: Babolat - the honeymoon is over...hype is gone - people are starting to discover that the rackets may look cool, but that's it!

Wilson - FLUFF!!!

Kfactor??? Please someone explain what that is - all they do is re-paint racquets, over and over -we are suckers for it - only Fed jock-sniffers play Wilson!

TennisProdigy
03-26-2008, 01:46 PM
Favorite Yonex - makes quality frames from JAPAN not china.

Least favorite - Wilson, should stop spending all their money sponsoring players and make some decent frames.

Pro Staff Pete
03-26-2008, 01:54 PM
Favorite: Wilson --> loving the control of the Pro Staff series + quality

Least favorite: Technifibre - sluggish, large and uncomfortable

nickb
03-26-2008, 01:57 PM
Fav: Wilson..always has been

Least fav: Head...never liked any of the frames...hate the grip shape.

Pro Staff Pete
03-26-2008, 02:02 PM
What's up with the grip shape? I never really had a closer look at Head rackets.

soggyramen
03-26-2008, 05:18 PM
Fav. Prince: Unlike other the O3 holes don't bother my game at all.

Least Fav. Dunlop: Only one i've liked is the Aerogel 100...ever

PackardDell
03-26-2008, 05:40 PM
Fischer: good QC

Head: they lie to consumers about the headsize

Pro Staff Pete
03-26-2008, 05:49 PM
Fav. Prince: Unlike other the O3 holes don't bother my game at all.

Least Fav. Dunlop: Only one i've liked is the Aerogel 100...ever
You don't break your strings more often due to the fact there are these holes instead of tubes? I always wondered..

P8ntballa
03-26-2008, 05:50 PM
FAV: Yonex Great QC, not alot of power, good spin, great feel, and forgiveness

HATE: Babolat, other then the PC and PS, they are TWEENERS no player frames too much power and way too stiff gave me tennis elbow

drakulie
03-26-2008, 05:55 PM
Least favorite would be Volkl. However, they are out of business, so I will have to find another least favorite brand. :)

Favorite: Wilson.

bad_call
03-26-2008, 06:21 PM
Least fave: whatever drakulie is currently using.

Most fave: whatever drakulie dislikes the most.

j/k :razz: haven't tried too many brands so no strong opinion here.

meowmix
03-26-2008, 07:22 PM
What's up with the grip shape? I never really had a closer look at Head rackets.

They're a lot more square, and the grip sizes feel a lot smaller than indicated.

meowmix
03-26-2008, 07:24 PM
Fischer: good QC

Head: they lie to consumers about the headsize

Head does not lie. It's simply a different way of measuring. Anyways, what does it matter whether a racket is labeled 98 or 95? Can you tell a difference?

If it makes you feel any better, Gamma labels a 98 frame a midsize. Does that make it play any worse?

logansc
03-26-2008, 07:36 PM
Favorite: Dunlop, overall I just love the 200 and 300 series.

Least Fav: Head, can't stand that rectangular grip.

eric892
03-26-2008, 08:01 PM
Favourite : Babolat

hewittfan3
03-26-2008, 08:05 PM
Favorite: Yonex- amazing control, spin, and forgiveness

Least Favorite: Babolat: Ive played with a few and I just dont get it...for some reason I just can hit with these

jybear
03-26-2008, 08:10 PM
Favorite: Head (prestige and redical lines); Prince? (POG only)

Least: Babolat.

Litmstr10
03-26-2008, 08:14 PM
Least favorite would be Volkl. However, they are out of business, so I will have to find another least favorite brand. :)

Favorite: Wilson.

Is the "out of business" regarding Volkl a joke, or are you referring to the eventual Becker takeover?

I played with the "new" C10 Pro today. I plan to buy a few more. It is a great racquet (for me anyway).

Kirko
03-26-2008, 08:41 PM
fav. pro kennex : for a co. going out of business their quality is remarkable & they make a real player's racket (5G PSE) with a good leather grip. they also make the redondo another player's racket. all their rackets are well thought out for the segemnt they target, no one is left out. least fav. is wilson a shadow of what they were at one time.

anirut
03-26-2008, 09:39 PM
As a brand consultant, I have no racket brand that I neither like most nor hate most. I only have "preferences".

But, yeah, I do prefer some brand(s) that I won't run into too many "cousins" on the court -- provided the racket quality is good, the pricing is right and it allows me to play well.

So, as of now, it's PK that I prefer.

crawl4
03-26-2008, 10:38 PM
WTF did you play with. Did yours have cracks in the frame?

i had a go with the aero storm cortex and a 2 old version's a few years back i forget but the aero storm i found total crap.

herosol
03-26-2008, 10:45 PM
favorite: wilson

least favorite: prince, tecnifibre, dunlop

Why?

Prince i mean yay for more racket head speed, and stuff, but the stringbed is just completely muted i dont even know where the hell i hit the ball.
The other frames are pretty bleh, although POG's are nice

Tecnifibre i don't get how they are in the mid plus range but have no power like a firkkin 85 in head. They are so heavy, and so hard to swing, and whats worse, the grip is sooooo short

Dunlop plainly ive never played well with them, not served well, hit well, and feel is too tinny.

Salsa_Lover
03-27-2008, 01:37 AM
favorite : Wilson all the way
less favorite : Yonex

why Yonex, I guess it is a good racket but I perceive it as a girl's only racket.

Rookie
03-27-2008, 02:00 AM
Fav: HEAD
Least: Prince

0d1n
03-27-2008, 04:06 AM
Favourite:

Fischer - Great feedback/feel, good quality control, they make rackets for the all court player

Dislike:
Wilson - because they have bad quality control
which is THE thing I hate the most about ALL tennis companies. I just HATE it when I buy 3 or 4 of the "same" model and they play like completely different rackets.

astra
03-27-2008, 07:50 AM
Favourite:
Fischer - IMO the most balanced racquets in terms of playing properties for all-court players.

Least fav:
None. It depends on a particular racquet.

HeadPrestige
03-27-2008, 10:45 AM
Favorite: Wilson... (i use one and love it)

Least Favorite: Babolat: Woofer makes every babolat unplayable to me. Take out woofer and the PST would be a great racket.

P8ntballa
03-27-2008, 01:18 PM
favorite : Wilson all the way
less favorite : Yonex

why Yonex, I guess it is a good racket but I perceive it as a girl's only racket.

BS BS BS BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tons of guys hit with yonex and on the pro tour theres Nalbandian and Hewitt... The only reason people (in or out of tennis) know more about the girls using there frames is because the women they hire are HOTTTTT! IE: Ana Ivanovic (The HOTTEST of em all)

jjordache
03-27-2008, 01:38 PM
I haven't hit with many frames myself, but here it goes:

Fav: Head. I also like Yonex for some reason, although I never owned any Yonex racquet.

Least favorite (can't really say hate...) : Wilson because it's over-hyped and makes candy-stick pjs lately...
Ah, I also don't care much for Prince's O-holes... just don't like the idea.

The irony is that now I play with a Wilson and I started with a Prince (no holes in that one though) :)

hewittfan3
03-27-2008, 02:10 PM
BS BS BS BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tons of guys hit with yonex and on the pro tour theres Nalbandian and Hewitt... The only reason people (in or out of tennis) know more about the girls using there frames is because the women they hire are HOTTTTT! IE: Ana Ivanovic (The HOTTEST of em all)

Not only is there Hewitt and Nalbandian but there is Ancic and Joachim Johansson,Monaco, and Srichiphan

saram
03-27-2008, 02:39 PM
Fave: Prince and Dunlop--solid mid 95" sticks.

Hate: Babolate PD's...too much power and pain.

AmericanTemplar
03-27-2008, 03:17 PM
Favorite: Yonex-tons of control, can place on a dime.

Least favorite: Babolat-light, hollow feel.

Hatari!
03-27-2008, 04:28 PM
Favorite:
Prince, until recently. Diablo, Original Graphite were wonderful racquets. O3 stinks. Great racquet speed, but too much power and no feel.

Head has replaced Prince in my heart. The Microgel Extreme creates wicked spin.

Hated
Wilson: Their quality control sucks. I once bought 2 nblades, and they might as well have been 2 different racquets.

Fischer: More unstable than the I-35W Mississippi River bridge.

quest01
03-27-2008, 06:25 PM
I would say my favorite for right now would be Babolat because of the easier access to spin and power compared to other racket brands.

I don't have a least favorite.

gonzalocatalino
03-27-2008, 06:55 PM
The best: Volkls...i just cant play with another brand.

The worst: Babolats, horrible stiff and hollow feel.

Anyway, i think every brand (besides babolat :P) have some great racquets...

AceofBase
03-27-2008, 07:03 PM
Favorite: Prince, just feel good and also come in different size and length making it a good choice to start off learning. First racket i ever bough was the Prince More Precision OS and that racket what made me how i play and what i am today.

Least favorite: Wilson, too plastic and feel weird like it too soft or lite or something.

slice bh compliment
03-27-2008, 07:05 PM
1] Volkl
2] Dunlop/Slazenger
3] Babolat (best strings and shoes EVER)
4] Fischer
5] Tecnifibre
6] Yonex
Other....indifferent
7] HEAD
8] Wilson (best overgrips ever)
9] Prince
THE worst] Nike if they ever bought someone and branded frames.

But of course...there are some ***** Volkls and some good Wilsons and Princes.
There are some babolats I would not even consider.
There are two great HEADs.

I wouldn't mind trying a Vantage stick with specs like a Volkl c11 or a Dunlop aerogel 150 if there were such things. Or that new Babolat Pure Storm 95. Or if they made an AeroStorm Tour Limited with a flex of 62 and a 95 headsize.

1hand4ever
03-27-2008, 07:07 PM
Favorite: Wilson, love the k90
Least Favorite: Prince and Babolat. Babolat because its dampened and way over powered. Prince because all of their new racquets are too light and their tweeners are wayyyy to powerful.

slice bh compliment
03-27-2008, 07:10 PM
This thread is hilarious. Generalizing's fun!

Some say Babolats are too damp. Others say they are too stiff, and they are hard on the arm. Others still say Babolats are light. But the Storm Tour and AeroStorm are 320g.

It's like the blind guys describing different parts of an elephant.

bad_call
03-27-2008, 07:13 PM
This thread is hilarious. Generalizing's fun!

Some say Babolats are too damp. Others say they are too stiff, and they are hard on the arm. Others still say Babolats are light. But the Storm Tour and AeroStorm are 320g.

It's like the blind guys describing different parts of an elephant.

goes to show u that u can't judge a brand by a single model...or something like that. :shock:

kungfusmkim
03-27-2008, 07:16 PM
Favourite- Yonex they have that unique look in tennis that makes you realize hmm sexy. They also play good and reading from the reviews just maoke it play better.
Least: Wilson is ok i just hate the K6.1 series and all the other stciks in the k61 series i dont care how customized it is it sucks bad for me i hated the n6.1 95 also :@

Jackie T. Stephens
03-27-2008, 07:22 PM
Wilson [K] all the way.

MaOira
03-27-2008, 09:59 PM
Favorite:

Vantage - Such a solid feeling racquet. No nonsense "technologies"

Dislike:

Head - I just can't get used to the grip.

dantespark33
03-27-2008, 10:15 PM
Favorites:
Head - grew up with them, just used to them
Yonex - feels solid and stable, i feel like im hitting the ball right

Least:
Babolat (excluding aero series) - just couldn't play with them
Wilson/dunlop - they dont feel right for me

K-LEG
03-27-2008, 10:46 PM
Favorites.
1. Dunlop - Their frames just seem to suit me best. Their 200 series is simply amazing.

2. Wilson - They make some very nice frames, I especially like the Wilson K Factor KBlade Tour, and the Wilson K Factor KSix-One 95 (18x20).

3. Head - Good frames, terrible grip shape.

Least Favorites.
1. Babolat - I hate almost everything about these frames.

lawrence
03-27-2008, 11:13 PM
favourite is wilson
havent demo'd enough of the others to really say i dont like them

theProdigy
03-28-2008, 01:37 PM
Tecnifibre i don't get how they are in the mid plus range but have no power like a firkkin 85 in head. They are so heavy, and so hard to swing, and whats worse, the grip is sooooo short

that's funny, those are all the reasons why i love tecnifibre racquets. i love its weight and the short grip is a dream for my 1hbh.

favorite: wilson, tecnifibre
least: babolat, prince

amcgula
03-28-2008, 02:05 PM
Favourites:
The first is Head (prestige mid),
But I like Dunlop (200g), Volkl (tour 10, dnx 10, etc) and Fischer (pro No one). I like flexible plenty ol felling sticks. All are different nice frames.

Least... Babolat.. stiff, ligth and painful.. theres not a single frame in that brand I've recomend.. that's a tennis elbow combo

choth21
03-29-2008, 10:25 PM
Favorite: Dunlop. Great control and perfect balance.

Least Favorite: Prince. I especially don't like those racquets with those "O" holes. all my shots go flying with Prince.

[d]ragon
03-29-2008, 11:04 PM
favorite
yonex: hav the best quality control

least favorite
prince: o3 sux (imo)

Petekbladetour1
03-30-2008, 03:12 AM
Not only is there Hewitt and Nalbandian but there is Ancic and Joachim Johansson,Monaco, and Srichiphan

Joachim Johansson has retired now becouse of injuries.

Petekbladetour1
03-30-2008, 03:18 AM
My favorite racket is Wilson kblade tour 93. A great players racket with lots of control and feel.

My Least favorite racket brand is gamma.

Josherer
03-30-2008, 03:42 AM
Favourite: Wilson- The K90 is incredible.

Least Favourite: Head- Microgels feel like plastic.