PDA

View Full Version : Chipping on a K Factor Tour 90

ricecooker1280
03-26-2008, 11:56 AM
Has anyone experienced chipping on their k90? I talked to the folks that string it and they showed me where they mount rackets so I'm sure it couldn't be them. I'm getting alot of chips in the paint, some very deep, around the throat/handle area. I'll post pics up when I get home later on.

Thanks in advance

kbui
03-26-2008, 12:03 PM
Oh yeah... this is very common with Wilsons and Babolats from my experience.

The Heads I've had do not chip as easy, but the Wilsons and Babolats chipped REAL EASY :-|

dr325i
03-26-2008, 12:25 PM
Has anyone experienced chipping on their k90? I talked to the folks that string it and they showed me where they mount rackets so I'm sure it couldn't be them. I'm getting alot of chips in the paint, some very deep, around the throat/handle area. I'll post pics up when I get home later on.

Thanks in advance

yep, both of mine are chipping more than nblades did...
Luckily, I don't care about that...

ricecooker1280
03-26-2008, 01:04 PM
yep, both of mine are chipping more than nblades did...
Luckily, I don't care about that...

Reeeeeeaaaaally.... That's just odd... I mean, I don't abuse my rackets whatsoever so I'm just baffled as to how these chips occur... It's not affecting the performance of the racket in any way... It's just annoying that it's happening...

Mad iX
03-26-2008, 06:16 PM
I have a couple of chips on mine which I have no idea what caused them. I string my own sticks so I know if it was that.
The matt finish PJs on Wilsons seem to be more prone to it.

quest01
03-26-2008, 06:53 PM
After stringing my K90 I noticed that I somehow chipped part of the frame. The chip is very small and hardly noticeable but I have no clue on how I chipped it.