PDA

View Full Version : Fake Racquets, Name the Brands and Models

GasquetGOAT
03-26-2008, 02:56 PM
Name the fake racquets' brands and models you have encountered.

I personaly have bought a fake Babolat pure drive team OS from the bay.

From what I have heard Wilson is the most prone to counterfeiting while Yonex the least? Am I correct?

meowmix
03-26-2008, 07:27 PM
Most prone to counterfeiting... I don't think there is a specific brand. I've seen a lot of counterfeit K 6-1's, on the other hand, I seen a TON of counterfeit Babolats (pdr, pdr+, apd, apdc, etc). I've also seen a few counterfeit LM Radicals. Haven't seen anything else being counterfeited.

Davidl
03-26-2008, 08:16 PM
How have you seen these raquets are counterfeited?

roundiesee
03-26-2008, 08:17 PM
I think Babolat and Wilson are the most prone to being copied. A few have popped up recently over in my area in Asia, probably from people who have unknowingly ordered them over the Internet from China. Have to be very careful these days when buying online.

chiapants226
03-26-2008, 08:46 PM
yehh, my friend uses a fake k-factor k6-1 because somebody gave it to him for free. he knows its fake, and he still uses it in comps and everything he plays. thing is, he still plays really well using it lol.

Davidl
03-26-2008, 09:04 PM
Someone heard if the Dunlop M-fil 300 has been counterfeited? I saw couple of seller from Canada how sell it.

tailofdog
03-26-2008, 11:09 PM
I have bought racquets from him(good seller)
These are just out of popular demand older racquets he buys on closeouts.
They are not fakes give him a try:)

Davidl
03-27-2008, 04:30 AM
I have bought racquets from him(good seller)
These are just out of popular demand older racquets he buys on closeouts.
They are not fakes give him a try:)

Could you contact me by msn, I would like to know from who you have bought a raquet.

tfm1973
03-27-2008, 04:54 AM
went to my local tennis shop yesterday and was talking with the owner and he showed me a couple of babolat pure drive roddicks he was stringing. he gave me two of em and told me, "one of these is a fake - can you spot it?"

took a while but sure enough the fake was missing some key details. he told me he sees a lot of babolat and wilson fakes. most times they look 90-95% accurate which is pretty amazing . . . and scary.

GasquetGOAT
03-28-2008, 03:28 PM
So far it seems Wilson, Babolat and Head are the only ones. No Yonex or Dunlop fakes?

regentville
04-08-2008, 04:19 AM
So far my experience has been with Wilson and Babolat. Both my findings here:

Wilson Fake K Blade:
http://www.regentville.com/2008/04/fake-wilson-tennis-racquet.html

Babolat Fake Pure Drive (Older non cortex version):
http://www.regentville.com/2007/03/fake-babolat-pure-drive.html

baselinerT
04-08-2008, 07:14 AM
I think Prince is pretty hard to copy since they need some kind of machine to make those O-ports and that person probably won't go into that much trouble to do that.