PDA

View Full Version : Racquet Dilemma, LM Rad or MFil 300

Nike T
03-26-2008, 03:00 PM
So, last week I ordered a LM Radical from TW. It was between that one and the Dunlop M-Fil 300 and I chose the Radical, but then yesterday I saw that one of the guys on my team had an M-Fil, so I asked to use it. I played a few rallies with it and it felt really good and it was a real improvement over the cheapo Wilson I was using. He's selling it too, it's restrung and he wants to sell it for 80, I might be able to haggle down a bit maybe. What should I do, I still haven't tried the Radical because I want to be able to return it. I've basically just started serious tennis, on the highschool team

Nike T
03-26-2008, 06:29 PM
I can't see the edit button on my message for some reason :confused: but I see that maybe my question isn't so clear, so I have a racket that I haven't tried that's still returnable, but I tried a racket that I like and is restrung, should I demo both, return the Radical and get the M-Fil, keep the Radical? I don't know if I will be able to demo. I'm mostly concerned with the spin potential of the Radical I read that because of the dense string pattern that it does not have much spin potential, but I really don't know what I want, should I go with spin right now or control I guess is my question?

GPB
03-26-2008, 06:36 PM
I hit with a LM Rad mp (not oversize) two days ago and it felt really good. Like... really good! I never tried to put tons of spin on it, but the guy who owns it hits a mean slice backhand, for what it's worth...

Nike T
03-26-2008, 06:38 PM
thanks, maybe I might be able to learn with it, and I forgot to say that the Radical is an mp

meowmix
03-26-2008, 07:19 PM
You haven't even tried your radical yet, and you're thinking of returning it? Try the radical. You'll find that it hits very well. Don't bother trying the M-fil 300. You'll just start wanting a racket that you don't have. Keep with your radical. It's a good, solid racket.

1337Kira
03-26-2008, 09:05 PM
Btw, you can get a NEW Mfil 300 for 80 bucks.
So don't let that guy sell you a used one for 80...

Forehand Forever
03-26-2008, 09:13 PM
I got a NEW M-Fil 300 for 50 bucks. You really should get like 40 for it being used and all.

akoni
03-26-2008, 09:26 PM
give your lm rad a shot before you decide to get another racket. however, playing with both rackets before, imo i think the mfil 300 is a much easier racket to get into especially for a beginner wanting to improve quickly.