PDA

View Full Version : Speedport Tour VS o3 Tour Mid

SpinningForehand
03-27-2008, 06:48 AM
Please compare the two if you have played with both. Which one has better spin, feel, comfort, serve, groundstrokes, etc.

Spatula
03-27-2008, 06:54 AM
I've demo'ed both and prefered the O3 Tour. It wasn't *as* deadened of a feel on impact, had a touch more power and spin for my taste. I liked the frame's response on contact. Serves were more consistent but both lacked the "pop" and weight on balls.

Really though it's a subjective thing. If you can demo both at the same time, strung the same and see for yourself.

SpinningForehand
03-27-2008, 06:57 AM
I've demo'ed both and prefered the O3 Tour. It wasn't *as* deadened of a feel on impact, had a touch more power and spin for my taste. I liked the frame's response on contact. Serves were more consistent but both lacked the "pop" and weight on balls.

Really though it's a subjective thing. If you can demo both at the same time, strung the same and see for yourself.

You are ecomparing it to the o3 tour midsize , not the midplus, right?
Thank you for the response.

Spatula
03-27-2008, 09:42 AM
In fact I am. I demo'd the mid and midplus. the midplus was my favorite of the two O3 tours.

SpinningForehand
03-27-2008, 12:14 PM
can anybody else compare both rackets or just give some feedback on the o3 tour midsize. I have just purchased one, can't wait to get it.

themitchmann
03-27-2008, 12:18 PM
I switched from the O3 Tour Mid to the SP Tour. SP is far more versatile a racquet...better feel from all parts of the court. O3 is a good stick for baseliners.

hoosierbr
03-27-2008, 12:28 PM
Liked the O3 Tour off the ground better but serves and volleys were much better with the SP Tour. Depends on your game. The O3 Mid, actually most O3 racquets, are famously devoid of feel. The O3 was quicker through the air as well.