PDA

View Full Version : help with string recommendation

jmhs
03-27-2008, 10:49 AM
I'm a high school/usta player. You guys are years ahead of me in knowledge...I need some of your recommendations about string.

My current racquets are Head Microgel Prestige Midplus and a Head MicroGEL Radical. I have used and liked Technifibre NRG2 (16) for nearly 3 years and liked it. My elbow has only bothered me once in 5 years of tournament play, but I want a comfortable string.

At times I hit a fairly heavy ball, so I now get about 4 hours of play from the Technifibre NRG2-16. What would you recommend I try as a quality, all around, comfortable string that might last a bit longer without sacrificing comnfort? I string my own, so I buy reels. Many thanks in advance.

Blade0324
03-27-2008, 11:17 AM
Well string is very subjective and everyone likes different things no doubt and it also depends a bit on your game. With that said I like NRG2 as well and play with similar racquets (MG Prestige Pro and FP Rad. Tour). I have found a very comfortable hybrid with Topspin Cyber power mains and Pro Supex Spiral Flex crosses. I use 17g. mains and 16g crosses. i have not had any arm problems with this as I have with Luxilon and Babalot Poly's. Just my $.02 but give it a shot.

bank5
03-27-2008, 11:21 AM
One thing you could try is string savers, maybe try the same string saver set up that Federer does.

I definitely wouldn't recommend trying polys if you're looking for a comfortable string.