PDA

View Full Version : Help me building up my Vantage custom

dieumyr
03-27-2008, 04:07 PM
Hi folks,

I'm going to buy Vantage frames but I need help to build my perfect racquet.

Here is my style of play:

-S&V
- great spin on 2nd serve + very spinny groundies

In fact, I need a spin monster + a perfect S&V frame, is this possible ?

nickb
03-27-2008, 04:11 PM
Why didnt you order when the sale was on? :)

daddy.dirtsurfer
03-27-2008, 04:19 PM
Why didnt you order when the sale was on? :)

Good question.

logansc
03-27-2008, 07:26 PM
Well just taking a stab at it....I'd go with prob a 95 headsize, 63 RA rating , at least 11.5 oz with a 7-9 pt headlight balance. Leather grip to enhance feel.

counterpuncher
03-27-2008, 07:52 PM
My advice would be to try and match the specs of a frame that you play well with but would like to change one or two variables on. These variables could be an open or closed string pattern, slightly heavier/lighter, slightly more head light/head heavy, bigger or small head size, different grip shape, etc..

MaOira
03-27-2008, 08:37 PM
I'd prolly agree with the previous poster on those specs.

If you don't wanna shell out all the cash for a new one, I have one that I only used twice with only scratches on the bumper.

e-mail me at maoira@yahoo.com if yer interested

origmarm
03-28-2008, 01:01 AM
My advice would be to try and match the specs of a frame that you play well with but would like to change one or two variables on. These variables could be an open or closed string pattern, slightly heavier/lighter, slightly more head light/head heavy, bigger or small head size, different grip shape, etc..

I agree with this. This is what I did.

What racquet do you play with now and what don't you like about it?

Josherer
03-28-2008, 02:03 AM
THERE WAS A SALE?

I would've got one if i knew!!!

How much cheaper were they!!!!

:(

origmarm
03-28-2008, 02:14 AM
THERE WAS A SALE?

I would've got one if i knew!!!

How much cheaper were they!!!!

:(

Half price. I picked up a couple with the bag. They have one every year or so it would seem at the moment

counterpuncher
03-29-2008, 06:37 PM
What racquet do you play with now and what don't you like about it?
At the time when I ordered one (about 2 years ago from memory) my main stick was the RDX500 mp and what I didn't like about it was the very average serve potential and also it was a little too head light for my liking. My vantage served me well for a few months and I still keep it in my bag and use it from time to time but there a couple of other racquets that I enjoy better and play better overall with.

I have found that different racquets are better for different aspects of my game. So I serve better with the Vantage, hit better backhands with my RQiS 1, hit better forehands with my AeroStorm and volley better with my European Aerogel 300. I am now tickering with an MG Pro.

Yes I know using one racquet will help me improve quicker but I do enjoy hitting with different racquets. My main current stick is the RQiS 1 as I have so much more confidence with that on ground strokes than anything else.

origmarm
03-30-2008, 11:07 AM
Yeah this was the trap that I fell into also, I just fell in love with different racquets for different things and could never get behind one for everything. Eventually I got behind the PSC6.1 and stuck with it for years until the stiffness started killing me. Now I have a very similar specced Vantage, just a 63 stiffness.