PDA

View Full Version : Interested in the I.Prestige

Recon
03-27-2008, 07:23 PM
Im very interested in the I.Prestige, My coach told me it had a feel that no other racquet gave him (he is a serve and volley so he bases his racquet on feel). Right now I play with the n90, Yes I know on these boards the n90 doesn't recieve much love, But I really like the n90 but i've tried the flexpoint and liquidmetal and the classic red one. The flexpoint in midplus, liquidmetal in mid and also the classic in mid. So im wondering where I can get my hands on a couple of these beauties and try them out. Also one of my concerns is I put the liquidmetal midplus prestige(98) to my n(90) and very similar headsizes. I know Head calculates head sizes different but do you think I should try a midplus because it equals out to a mid or a mid which is like a 86-87 with head. Another concern is the string tension, I read around with the pt280 to string it low, Same with the i.prestige? Just requesting information. If you can give me a comparative review without a biased decision I would be most grateful. Thanks.

Deuce
03-27-2008, 08:28 PM
The iPrestige is a good frame both in Mid and MidPlus.
Whether or not you'll like them, I have no idea. Just because your coach likes it doesn't mean you will. Maybe your coach likes mushrooms, and you hate them. Same thing with racquets.

The Head Mids are 89.5 square inches, by the way. Wilson, Volkl, Yonex, and Prince Mids are larger - closer to 93 sq. in.

Recon
03-28-2008, 03:07 AM
The point is my coach wants me to try it. And I luv shrooms on my pizza. Anyway, info on the stringing?

Speedygonzalez
03-28-2008, 06:33 AM
I use full poly and strung my iprestige mp at 27/26 kg (mains/cross). Now I use the mid version and string it at 25/24. I think you can easily lower tensions without losing too much control. These racquets are quite low powered but IMO in terms of feel and stability much much better than the LM mp.

Ross K
03-28-2008, 06:47 AM
Ultimately, TBH, like a few of these older, dense string pattern frames, I found it a tad too low powered (the MP.) However, I'd go as far as to say I've never better enjoyed how a racket has swung as with the i. Prestige. Something about its weight/SW/balance, etc, just felt amazing to me. For those last-second reaction shots and sudden wrist-flicks, etc, this rod is excellent.

SimpleSimon
03-28-2008, 08:08 AM
Im very interested in the I.Prestige, My coach told me it had a feel that no other racquet gave him (he is a serve and volley so he bases his racquet on feel). Right now I play with the n90, Yes I know on these boards the n90 doesn't recieve much love, But I really like the n90 but i've tried the flexpoint and liquidmetal and the classic red one. The flexpoint in midplus, liquidmetal in mid and also the classic in mid. So im wondering where I can get my hands on a couple of these beauties and try them out. Also one of my concerns is I put the liquidmetal midplus prestige(98) to my n(90) and very similar headsizes. I know Head calculates head sizes different but do you think I should try a midplus because it equals out to a mid or a mid which is like a 86-87 with head. Another concern is the string tension, I read around with the pt280 to string it low, Same with the i.prestige? Just requesting information. If you can give me a comparative review without a biased decision I would be most grateful. Thanks.

Good luck trying to pick up any i. on the cheap and in good shape. I got three MPs recently and really like them (compared to various O3 Princes, K6.1 95, and K90) I am hoping the MG Midplus is going to give me the same feel

They are a bit low powered but more much depends on the strings, I am trying various combo incl full poly, poly/syn hybrid, full syn at various tensions. Believe it or not the best combo was Duraflex right at midtension! Lots of power and pretty decent control.

SW are very manageable compared to the Wilson Ks. These are just great rackets and I am sticking to them.

I also tried a FXP Prestige Mid which I didnt like but I am just traded for a FXP Midplus (for my Prince Hybrids) so will have more time to compare. The FXP was really low powered and felt muted compared to the I which feel much more crispy to me, even with full poly at 58lbs.

jazar
03-28-2008, 01:58 PM
i've picked up 3 i.prestige mp's already this year, all in great condition, for a combined fee of less than $100, so it is possible to get them on the cheap. best frame i've ever hit with and i won't change until i cant get my hands on any more

Lendl
03-28-2008, 03:47 PM
I used them until recently in the mid size and highly recommend them. Went with the new Microgel Prestige Mid and found them to be very solid.

hrstrat57
03-28-2008, 04:19 PM
the Head i prestige mid plus are the best tennis racquets I have ever played. Perfectly powered, precise, serves great and quick at the net.

I have not tried the i Prestige mid, don't need it.

Racquets spending long periods in my bag in the last 20 yrs?

Wilson PS 85
Dunlop Max 200g mid
Prince POG mid
Prince Precision 640 MP
Wilson PS classic 6.1 95
Head Radical tour MP
Head ti Radical MP
Head i radical MP
(the very hard to find L5 Austrian i radical MP is close to the i prestige MP - my quiver in the bag now = 2 i prestige MP and 1 L5 austrian i radical MP

I am hearing some nice things about the microgel prestige MP but haven't hit with it yet......one guy in my doubles league told me he just picked up a pair, so I expect to try one of those soon.

hrstrat57
03-28-2008, 04:21 PM
I have strung all my Head Radical and Prestige frames mid range....with good results.

Recon
03-28-2008, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the help im hoping I get lucky like Jazzar and lucky enough if i could get them in mid sized range. But i'll take whatever, can't be picky with these things. Thanks you guys. The microgel prestige didn't really get my blood going when I saw it. But I dont judge unless I hit with it. In anycase thanks alot.

hrstrat57
03-29-2008, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the help im hoping I get lucky like Jazzar and lucky enough if i could get them in mid sized range. But i'll take whatever, can't be picky with these things. Thanks you guys. The microgel prestige didn't really get my blood going when I saw it. But I dont judge unless I hit with it. In anycase thanks alot.

I got mine on the cheap too.....of course threads like this don't help at all cause now I have guys like you to bid against driving up the price:sad:.

I should learn to keep quiet about the good stuff, but what the heck it is all about sharing....

Right?

SimpleSimon
03-30-2008, 02:27 PM

Hey Chris in Japan is looking to off load two i Midplus check Drakulie MG PRestige thread

m1stuhxsp4rk5
03-30-2008, 06:05 PM
i didnt the iprestige to much but the pc600 was really good for me for some reason the serve really work for me on the racket. on the pc600 it was awesome i could really some bombs with that racket though

VikingSamurai
03-30-2008, 06:08 PM
Hey Chris in Japan is looking to off load two i Midplus check Drakulie MG PRestige thread

Thanks Simon.. Actually I am after the mid+. The ones I am looking to let go of are mids..

Speedygonzalez
03-31-2008, 01:39 AM
Thanks Simon.. Actually I am after the mid+. The ones I am looking to let go of are mids..

Chris: are you willing to trade your mids for midplus versions? The only thing is that I live in the Netherlands. No idea what the shipping costs will be....

VikingSamurai
03-31-2008, 04:18 AM
Chris: are you willing to trade your mids for midplus versions? The only thing is that I live in the Netherlands. No idea what the shipping costs will be....

Speedy, yes I would be interested. I am in Japan, so I guess it would be the same for me.. I will find out though.. If interested, then email me at iizukaenglish@hotmail.com

TfReAk
01-08-2009, 05:31 AM
Speedy do you still have the i prestige MP. I'm also from the Netherlands.