PDA

View Full Version : any comments on prince diablo xp??

hyuganeji85
03-28-2008, 06:32 AM
what's the difference between diablo xp and diablo mid??

Applesauceman
03-28-2008, 08:18 AM
As a long time user of the Diablo MP and Diablo MS, and after demoing the Diablo XP, in my humble opinion there is absolutely no comparison. If you're looking for a true players racquet (like the POG), then the Diablo MS is what you want. I found the Diablo XP to be overpowered with very little stability, and a terrible paint scheme (flames, what were they thinking?!). I recognize that Prince was attempting to capture players who found the Diablo MS too demanding and underpowered.

hyuganeji85
03-28-2008, 09:25 AM
yes, the pj sucks lol

rosenstar
03-28-2008, 03:56 PM
As a long time user of the Diablo MP and Diablo MS, and after demoing the Diablo XP, in my humble opinion there is absolutely no comparison. If you're looking for a true players racquet (like the POG), then the Diablo MS is what you want. I found the Diablo XP to be overpowered with very little stability, and a terrible paint scheme (flames, what were they thinking?!). I recognize that Prince was attempting to capture players who found the Diablo MS too demanding and underpowered.

Haha, I agree that there is no comparison, but I love the pj. The XP is still a good racquet, IMO, but not a players racquet. I see no problem with it, it's fairly stable, weighted and balanced nicely. The Diablo Tour (midsize) is much more demanding, heavier and more stable. All depends on what the player wants in a racquet.

feyya
03-28-2008, 06:34 PM
diablo xp plus hot wheel flame decals equals no good

atatu
03-28-2008, 06:40 PM
Haha, I agree that there is no comparison, but I love the pj. The XP is still a good racquet, IMO, but not a players racquet. I see no problem with it, it's fairly stable, weighted and balanced nicely. The Diablo Tour (midsize) is much more demanding, heavier and more stable. All depends on what the player wants in a racquet.

Not sure why it's not a "players frame" here is a pic of one of the best 40 year olds you'll ever see, he would smoke all of us, and he's using the XP OVERSIZE.

http://i26.tinypic.com/29o5x5x.jpg

bigmatt
03-29-2008, 08:14 AM
I use the XP midplus, and its a lot less work than the standard Diablo MP. I'm not even sure they should have it in the same model series, it's so different, but then, how many "Pro Staffs" have there been?
I think Prince figured the name would help sales of the frame, but the weighting and beam widths are so different as to render them quite distinct from one another.
BTW, I like the XP, but probably wouldn't if I were 10 years younger!

hyuganeji85
03-29-2008, 08:28 AM
I use the XP midplus, and its a lot less work than the standard Diablo MP. I'm not even sure they should have it in the same model series, it's so different, but then, how many "Pro Staffs" have there been?
I think Prince figured the name would help sales of the frame, but the weighting and beam widths are so different as to render them quite distinct from one another.
BTW, I like the XP, but probably wouldn't if I were 10 years younger!

diablo mp is better than diablo xp??

bigmatt
03-29-2008, 11:23 AM
I didn't say the MP is better or worse than the XP: I think I said (or tried to say) that they're so different as to defy classification in the same line.
The standard Diablo series is great of you can generate your own power, and are looking for control. The XP will give you a little more "help" from its wider beams, lower weight and extra length. As to which is "better", you should examine your needs in a racquet and then demo.

rosenstar
03-29-2008, 11:57 AM
Not sure why it's not a "players frame" here is a pic of one of the best 40 year olds you'll ever see, he would smoke all of us, and he's using the XP OVERSIZE.

http://i26.tinypic.com/29o5x5x.jpg

I've hit with Oren before. And I've strung his racquet for him. It had so much lead tape on it. Never seen any thing like it. We have one of agassi's old racquets in our shop, and believe that Oren's is probably heavier.

Like I said, the diablo midsize tour, XP Midplus and XP oversize are all good frames. The only diablo I wouldln't recommend is the Midplus tour version. It's balanced horribly and does not play well IMO.