PDA

View Full Version : Becker B11 Mid vs Redondo 93 vs TF 335 vs C10 Pro

Old_Crow
03-28-2008, 08:12 AM
You've heard from the guys with real skills in the other thread, so here's the middle aged hacker's report...;-)

I have been demoing the new B11 mid against the Redondo Mid, new C10, and Tecnifibre TF-335 (18x20). I previously tried the MG Prestige Mid as I'm a big Head fan but didn't care for the stiff/firm feel.

Out of the four racquets above, the B11 Mid and the Redondo 93 are my favorites but for different reasons.

The TF335 is a very nice racquet that seems to do everything well but nothing stands out to differentiate it from all the other 18x20 MP sticks.

I love the feel of a well struck ball with the C10 but for me, the sweetspot seems small and anything hit even slightly in the upper hoop just flutters and dies. Seems awesome for S&V. Best cosmetics of any of these to my eye. Very sharp looking & comfy stick. I'm tempted to buy one for those reasons alone.

The Redondo 93 looks like a mid. THe head looks small the way the PC600 looked small. The string pattern is pretty dense too at 18x20. Feel is very nice, solid/soft. Nice big "twap" with a clean strike. This one swings very easy, I don't know the swingweight but I'd be surprised if it was higher than 320 or so. Low power, which is somewhat masked by the sound. You think you really smoke one and it ends up a smooth rally ball for the opponent. Pinpoint control on all shots. This stick seems to excel at flat penetrating shots through the court. Heavy top seems to float right into the other guys strike zone. However, for some reason I was really ripping angled 2HBH rollers off short balls with this stick. Maybe the low swingwieght allowing for lots of headspeed? Caveat - this was strung with Tonic+ gut and the others with whatever cheap demo string happened to be in them.

The B11 mid looks bigger than a mid and plays much bigger than a mid. I found it easier to bring the heat with the B11 than with the larger C10. Swings marginally heavier than all three of the other racquets but still easy to get around. Doesn't have the big impact sound of hte Redondo but no noticeable pinging with a dampener. Much easier to generate power with the B11 that the Redondo. Maybe a little less control but I'm not skilled enough to tell. Serves very, very well. Volleys maybe a little less stable than the Redondo but that's probably a feel issue due to the softer flex in the PK stick. Topspin baseline bashing advantage to the B11 without a doubt.

I'd have to flip a coin to decide between the B11mid and the PK Redondo 93. However, given PK's lack of market support, I'd be tempted to go with the Becker just because finding replacement racquets and grommets would be less of a PITA.

anirut
03-28-2008, 08:42 AM
Thanks, Old Crow, for the comparison. I'll place a link in the Redondo thread to this comparison.

BTW, sometimes around mid April I'll report on something about a racket from PK. I've just listed an approximated specs in the Laver Type C thread, which goes as follows:

Head size: 93 (actual = 90)
Weight: 340 grams
Stiffness: 61-62
SW: 320
Balance: 8 pts HL
Beam: 19 mm.
String: 18 x 20
Construction: 100% graphite

IMO, I feel it'd be an interesting stick. It's sounds like a stiffer Redondo.

NLBwell
03-28-2008, 10:05 AM
Old_Crow
Thanks for the comparison.
Seems all the reviews of the BB11Mid are positive. You liked the Becker for the serve. How did the other rackets compare?

Litmstr10
03-28-2008, 10:14 AM
Thanks for the review Old Crow. I just bought the C10 Pro myself for the "comfort" that you mentioned. This racquet has a great feel to it. I also like the control, and it has a surprising amount of pop (NRG2 @ 57).

Old_Crow
03-28-2008, 11:03 AM
Old_Crow
Seems all the reviews of the BB11Mid are positive. You liked the Becker for the serve. How did the other rackets compare?

Redondo serves great, very solid on the flat one down the middle and the very headlight balance make it easy to kick. Not as easy to generate pace as the BB11 mid but I couldn't tell much if any difference in spin despite the difference of the string patterns.

One thing - the big sound of the Redondo is a psychological boost. The nice crack on a solid flat serve is sweet.

C10 is a nice serving racquet too. If I was an S&V player, I'd buy a couple (I might anyway, it's just a cool stick). TF335 is OK, very capable, not a standout.

Automatix
03-28-2008, 11:13 AM
Everyone seems to agree that the BB11 Mid is a great serve racquet... all reviews seem to be positive. Who knows maybe in a couple of years this racquet will be a bigger mid classic. :)

sargeinaz
03-28-2008, 11:18 AM
Old_Crow

Ya I agree. It seems everyone is loving the BB11 mid and how it's comfy, has juice and has a large sweet spot. I cant wait to demo it.
________
MARIJUANA VAPORIZERS (http://weedvaporizer.info/)

bagung
03-28-2008, 01:33 PM
old crow,
thanks for the review...
how different in "feel" between the bb11mid and c-10 pro...?
which of these 4 racquets give you " hit heavier ball " ?
thanks..

NLBwell
03-28-2008, 05:05 PM
Thanks again O_C

Old_Crow
03-28-2008, 05:10 PM
old crow,
thanks for the review...
how different in "feel" between the bb11mid and c-10 pro...?
which of these 4 racquets give you " hit heavier ball " ?
thanks..

C10 Pro felt the softest by a noticeable amount. I know that's contrary to the stiffness ratings but that was definitely how it felt to me. My wife hit them both and said the same thing. She also preferred the B11mid (she normally plays the Radical Pro).

Heavier ball is tough to answer, especially as none of mine are heavy in comparison to someone like JR. I did hit more clean winners with the Redondo. It was great hitting a flat penetrating ball that stays relatively low. But I also made more errors with it.
The B11 mid was much easier to hit with heavy top. I'd say the C10 was the hardest of the three to hit a heavy ball but I might be getting tricked by the soft feel. I'll have to ask my hitting partner if they feel a difference as they are really in a better position to judge.

m1stuhxsp4rk5
03-28-2008, 05:13 PM
man i really want to try the bb11 mid but the c10 looks so sexy hahah

bagung
03-28-2008, 06:07 PM
C10 Pro felt the softest by a noticeable amount. I know that's contrary to the stiffness ratings but that was definitely how it felt to me. My wife hit them both and said the same thing. She also preferred the B11mid (she normally plays the Radical Pro).

Heavier ball is tough to answer, especially as none of mine are heavy in comparison to someone like JR. I did hit more clean winners with the Redondo. It was great hitting a flat penetrating ball that stays relatively low. But I also made more errors with it.
The B11 mid was much easier to hit with heavy top. I'd say the C10 was the hardest of the three to hit a heavy ball but I might be getting tricked by the soft feel. I'll have to ask my hitting partner if they feel a difference as they are really in a better position to judge.

thanks..............