PDA

View Full Version : Volkl Grip Size

Robbnc
03-28-2008, 09:14 AM
I have a Volkl C-10 Pro ( the new one) demo and it's supposed to be
a 4 3/8 but it measures exactly 4 1/2. Is this common with Volkls?
Do they run large by a whole size?

hartofalyon
03-28-2008, 05:23 PM
interesting. i took my c10 out today and found that the grip size feels much larger than the 4 1/2 i got. feels like a 5/8. i haven't measured it, but now maybe i will.

NoBadMojo
03-28-2008, 05:36 PM
they have used the same handle pallets forever...since Hector was a pup...whenever that was ;)..i think they are standard size

atatu
03-28-2008, 07:44 PM
I don't know, my Becker Pro feels slightly bigger than my BB10, also the shape seems a little different.

NoBadMojo
03-29-2008, 07:23 AM
It can be possible to get a miss labeled racquet. If you check the buttcap closely, i think you will be able to see what size butt cap they used. The handle pallets are also labeled if you want to go to the extent of removing the grip

TheShaun
03-29-2008, 07:45 AM
correct me if i'm wrong: shouldn't the grip size be measured without the grip on the pallet? also it's possible that the grip used is thicker than before. slap a thin leather on there and you're good to go!

NoBadMojo
03-29-2008, 09:22 AM
correct me if i'm wrong: shouldn't the grip size be measured without the grip on the pallet? also it's possible that the grip used is thicker than before. slap a thin leather on there and you're good to go!

I really never felt the need to know this, as I never measured. Sometimes the same grip will feel a little different on different days due to humidity and such. Also if a grip feels a bit too large, you can always remove it and rewrap it tighter, etc