PDA

View Full Version : New message board -- minor gripe

Steve H.
01-04-2005, 05:52 AM
The new board is very slick, and the threading options are a nice addition.

However, one thing is worse than the old board -- the page tags used to be the title of the messages, and it was easy to navigate iwth several messages open in the browser. Now, however, they all start with that blue and yellow "V" icon and the words Talk Tennis. This means that if you have several pages open at once all the tabs look the same, so you can't click to the message you want to read. Any chance of getting rid of the icon?

BreakPoint
01-04-2005, 11:57 AM
I also have another minor gripe. The old board had the threading, or where you are on the board, on both the top AND on the bottom of the page, such as "Talk Tennis > Miscellaneous > TW Questions/Comments" for this page. Now it is ONLY on the top and not on the bottom of the page. It was very convenient to have it on the bottom of the page so that after you write in the quick reply box yu can just quickly click on the link at the bottom of the page to go back to the main forum list page instead of having to scroll all the way back to the top of the page to click on the link (for example "TW Questions/Comment" or "Miscellaneous" or "Talk Tennis").

Could you please add these links back on the bottom of the page (in addition to keeping them on the top)? Thanks.

admin_old
01-04-2005, 01:36 PM
The new board is very slick, and the threading options are a nice addition.

However, one thing is worse than the old board -- the page tags used to be the title of the messages, and it was easy to navigate iwth several messages open in the browser. Now, however, they all start with that blue and yellow "V" icon and the words Talk Tennis. This means that if you have several pages open at once all the tabs look the same, so you can't click to the message you want to read. Any chance of getting rid of the icon?
Steve H., I will see what I can do about this. Sounds easy enough to change.

Thanks,
Jon
Tennis Warehouse

BreakPoint
01-04-2005, 01:49 PM
Hi Jon,
Thanks for taking care of Steve H., but how about my gripe?
Thanks

admin_old
01-04-2005, 02:10 PM
BreakPoint, Your request will be taken care of as well! I thought I edited my previous post to include both of your requests but :confused: I must have not submitted the edit. Check for the changes in a few hours.

Thanks,
Jon
Tennis Warehouse

BreakPoint
01-04-2005, 02:51 PM
Thanks Jon for all your hard work! :D