PDA

View Full Version : Aero Storm Any Good???

Campbell1
03-28-2008, 01:15 PM
:)hi there geezers, im really considering buying the new Babolat Aero storm, but it costs quite a bit and ive heard tht it is realyyyy control orientated.
but as im a baseliner that would probaly suit? so please reply if you own/have tried one, and tell me what ther like!!!!:)

MLtennis
03-28-2008, 02:03 PM
I own one, just got it recently, was playing with AeroPro Drive before that. I still prefer by APD for baseline game due to more power but I'm working on a bigger volleying game and the Aero Storm is perfect for this. The AS is definitely a control racket built for people who have their own power. On its own, though, GREAT racket, very solid and I love the feel that it gives me. I think that over the next 3 months I will switch completely to this racket but for now I'm playing both the AS and APD while I get used to the extra weight of the AS (330 grams) and develop a better volley game (thank you fuzzy yellow balls!)

Hope that helps ya! Definitley demo one before you buy.

crawl4
03-28-2008, 03:30 PM
i demoed the aero storm about 2 weeks ago and i found it average. It did have control but i couldnt get much power from it that often so i was inconsistent sometimes. I was using big banger strings and they were really tight.

Campbell1
03-29-2008, 07:12 AM
cheers mltennis , much appreciated im defo gonna demo one within the next few weeks

roddick89
03-29-2008, 11:43 AM
The guy i hit with has got one and i've tried a couple of times, i like it, very comfortable but very low powered. I think the original Aeropro Drive w/o Cortex does the job just as well but gives you a little more 'free power'.

In)SpiRe
03-29-2008, 11:58 AM
IMO, there are better racquets out there. I've hit with it before, and it is really good for serving and net game, but I found it lacking in all the other categories.. But dont take my word for it. I have a lot of friends that love the racquet.

master_stringer_mitchy
03-29-2008, 12:03 PM
ive tried both and found the pure storm tour to be as good, but alot cheaper. must say something when the aero storm has only been out for a year and there allready changing it to the aero storm tour? specs should be the same thou.