PDA

View Full Version : Finally. . .FINALLY found my new racquet.

CAM178
03-28-2008, 03:54 PM
Head Prestige Pro. Hit with it today on a lark. Was hitting with a buddy who was running late. While waiting, I started talking with my stringer. I was actually dropping off a couple of racquets for my tourney this weekend, and he asks me 'Hey, have you ever hit with a Head?' I told him yes, I actually was trying out the Radical Pro that a friend lent me. It's a really nice racquet, but just not for me. I then told him that I have been trying and trying to get a hold of a Prestige, to try one out, as the specs indicate exactly what I am looking for. He says 'Really? Ha ha. . .then why don't you try this one out. . .' , and he hands me the Prestige Pro.

It felt great swinging in the air, and then felt really good against the backboard. But as any player knows, the litmus test is court feel and performance. All I can say is: WOW! This is the first time in I don't know how many years that I have picked up a racquet and hit well with it right off the bat. My hitting buddy is a solid 5.0 player, so I was lucky to get some good points and rallies for feel.

I've already bought one, and will be selling my new n6.1's that I just bought 2 weeks ago.

So, to sum up, I am pretty stoked.

nickb
03-28-2008, 03:56 PM
Great...be sure to post back after the honey moon :wink:

Nick

CAM178
03-28-2008, 04:05 PM
Nick
Hey, as a fellow tennis player, you know how it feels when you find a new racquet. 8-) Wilson keeps discontinuing every model I like, and I've had enough. That, and they never responded to 3 e-mails I sent them, so I'm kind of done with Wilson. It's time for a new brand after 25+ years, anyway.

03-28-2008, 04:16 PM
LOL but your not leaving their string or grips:(

hyogen
03-28-2008, 04:28 PM
sweet man :D are you gonna try out other racquets similar to it? perhaps the prestige MP?

if you like those, you may like the originals like the classic tour or pt280/630.. :D

it's a shame that you have to sell what you bought only 2 weeks ago, but hopefully it won't be at a loss.

Doc Hollidae
03-28-2008, 04:33 PM
sweet man :D are you gonna try out other racquets similar to it? perhaps the prestige MP?

if you like those, you may like the originals like the classic tour or pt280/630.. :D

it's a shame that you have to sell what you bought only 2 weeks ago, but hopefully it won't be at a loss.

I believe the thread is titled "Finally. . . FINALLY, found my new stick."

Which I would assume means he's found his new stick. He's not going to try others.

tbini87
03-28-2008, 06:54 PM
looks like a great stick. i have hit with a few prestiges and really liked them. the pretige pro looks similar to the t-fight 335s i use. did you ever hit with a 335? if so, how do these sticks compare?

Applesauceman
03-28-2008, 07:13 PM
Oh CAM,

The disappointment I'm feeling in you right now. Next you're going to tell me that you actually hit with the Prince Diablo Mid and turned pro...

Good luck with your new stick! :)

Moz
03-28-2008, 07:27 PM
Great news - every time one ticks off a variable that one doesn't have to worry about anymore it's a reason to celebrate!

But remember, no beer to celebrate!

Moz
03-28-2008, 07:28 PM
ignore this....damn internet connection

CAM178
03-28-2008, 08:19 PM
LOL but your not leaving their string or grips:(
Huh? I don't get it. If you're talking about my sig, I haven't changed that yet. And I haven't used Wilson strings in 5 years, so I'm at a loss as to your post.

CAM178
03-28-2008, 08:28 PM
Oh CAM,
The disappointment I'm feeling in you right now. Next you're going to tell me that you actually hit with the Prince Diablo Mid and turned pro...
Good luck with your new stick! :)
LMAO! Hey Applesauceman, what's shakin'? Yeah, this Head PP is the stick, man. I was actually using it more than my stick today. Granted, mine was strung a bit too low, but the feel of the Prestige is what I've been looking for. It's funny how much difference a racquet can make. After hitting with the PP, I started to gain my confidence back. Like I've been joking about for a while, I have started playing a lot of Girl's 12 & Under tennis: no aggression, no top BH, and my serves are probably the worst that they've been since I started playing this fine game.

Great news - every time one ticks off a variable that one doesn't have to worry about anymore it's a reason to celebrate!
But remember, no beer to celebrate!
You're damn right! I am stoked about this. It will take a bit to tinker with strings and tension, but that's okay.
Nope, haven't had a beer since 12/27/07. . . .(CAM's hands starting to shake. . . CAM getting very thirsty. . . . can't stop. . . must. . . .cut. . . limes. . . . must. . .have. . . cold Corona. . . !!!!) Actually, two fingers of Eagle's or Basil's would be good. Nah, just kidding. I don't miss that stuff at all. Plus, I can't think about drinking right now: I'm the #1 seed in my tourney this weekend (CAM trying to suppress laughter).

saram
03-28-2008, 08:33 PM

Yeah, he's not like you. Not going to post that he found the holy grail and then test a few other sticks just to make sure! :)

Kaptain Karl
03-28-2008, 08:44 PM
CAM - Out of curiosity, what are the specs on that stick?

Congratulations! I have several buddies who are sick of Wilson's ... fickleness.

- KK

CAM178
03-28-2008, 08:45 PM
To sum up this racquet: today I felt like hitting out again, and I felt that good old feeling that I love. That feeling of a thin beam design, head-light, and nice whip through the zone. But it is more flexible, as that's what I've been looking for for a while. I hit with the K6.1 again last night and loved it. Must have been the crap strings in the TW demo. But I fear that K6.1 might be too demanding. Plus, I love the idea of going back to a 16/19 bed again, vs the 16/18 bed of the K6.1.

I had that feeling on my BH of wanting to aim for corners again, and hitting them. With my n6.1's, I was too afraid to hit out, and my game and reeeeeally suffered as a result. I had no confidence. And serves were amazing with the PP. I could bomb it in, and I felt really comfortable going for big spins.

I will have to get used to the flex, but that's much easier to adapt to than is stiffness. The K6.1 is too stiff, I fear. I just don't like the shankability of it, and that bed scares me.

Just overall, everything started to feel good again, and I actually felt both my shoulders drop (stress), and my balls drop (LOL). In all seriousness, I am pretty stoked about this. This has been a nightmare going through this, as anybody who's demo'd before knows. Funny thing is that I was supposed to get a demo shipment from TW this week, but it was delayed due to backorder. So I canceled it, and voila: I have a new stick.

Funny how things work out. 8)

CAM178
03-28-2008, 08:49 PM
Congratulations! I have several buddies who are sick of Wilson's ... fickleness.
- KK
Nice word use: fickleness. Ha ha. . . that's exactly what Wilson has done for years. Makes no sense. If it's a question of keeping things 'fresh', then just throw a pj on the thing.

Here are the specs on the Head Prestige Pro:

Head Size: 98 sq. in.
Length: 27 inches
Strung Weight: 12.1oz
Balance: 7pts Head Light
Swingweight: 316
Stiffness: 63
Beam Width: 21 mm Straight Beam
Composition: Microgel / Graphite
Power Level: Low
Swing Speed: Fast
String Pattern: 16 Mains / 19 Crosses
String Tension: 52-62 pounds

ericwong
03-28-2008, 10:47 PM
Nice word use: fickleness. Ha ha. . . that's exactly what Wilson has done for years. Makes no sense. If it's a question of keeping things 'fresh', then just throw a pj on the thing.

I had a chance to try that too. As compared with the other Prestige of the same make except for the different string pattern, man, all I can say is it is so much sweeter. Because it is head-light and the string pattern, I can generate a massive amount of spin. :)

furyoku_tennis
03-28-2008, 11:08 PM
hey, if you're lookin for a someone to take those ncodes off of your hands send me an email at stonedragon68@yahoo.com

btw, sorry for straying off topic

quicken
03-28-2008, 11:22 PM
argh I also want to give the pro or mp or mid a try.

i feel that the pdr is too strong for me now =(

AndrewD
03-29-2008, 12:41 AM
CAM,

Good job on finding a racquet you feel most at home with, not always the easiest of jobs.

Not sure if you've outlined it in other posts but I was curious to hear what you felt was the difference between the kSix-One 95 and nSix-One 95. I'm using the nSix-One 95 and will be sticking with a 6.1 but wasn't sure how seamless the transition is, or isn't, to the kfactor version.

Moz
03-29-2008, 04:27 AM
You're damn right! I am stoked about this. It will take a bit to tinker with strings and tension, but that's okay.
Nope, haven't had a beer since 12/27/07. . . .(CAM's hands starting to shake. . . CAM getting very thirsty. . . . can't stop. . . must. . . .cut. . . limes. . . . must. . .have. . . cold Corona. . . !!!!) Actually, two fingers of Eagle's or Basil's would be good. Nah, just kidding. I don't miss that stuff at all. Plus, I can't think about drinking right now: I'm the #1 seed in my tourney this weekend (CAM trying to suppress laughter).

#1 seed is impressive stuff. Hope it goes well and you don't have cause to throw your new racquet!

Josherer
03-29-2008, 05:56 AM

Nick

HAHA! Where abouts are you going Cam?

Fiji's good around this time of year :)

Kaptain Karl
03-29-2008, 07:49 AM
Not sure if you've outlined it in other posts but I was curious to hear what you felt was the difference between the kSix-One 95 and nSix-One 95. I'm using the nSix-One 95 and will be sticking with a 6.1 but wasn't sure how seamless the transition is, or isn't, to the kfactor version.I'd be interested, too. A few of my hitting buddies have switched ... and switched back. I keep forgetting to ask what the differences were, but I hear them laugh when anyone says the kFactor is the next generation of the n6.1....

- KK

CAM178
03-29-2008, 03:27 PM
I'm done with competitive play after today, until I get these racquets. These n6.1's have to go. I have zero confidence in them now, and it's killing my game.

The difference between the K6.1 & the n6.1 is night & day. K is far more stiff, less forgiving, and a LOT more powerful. You would think that more power would be good, but that's not so much the case. Also, the K is much slower coming through the strike zone than the n, to me. But then again, I did hit with a K again on Thu night, and it was much, much nicer than the demo from TW. That's probably because I weighted down my n's, so the weight should be comparable. The n has a swingweight (stock) of around 330, and the K is around 340. That's a big difference, and it's noticeable coming through the strikezone.

Bye-bye for a while, guys.

Tennisguy777
03-29-2008, 06:34 PM

- KK

Yeah they're asses. I've spent over $800 in last 3 years on their racquets and when I sent e-mail to check warranty status on a racquet they ignored me repeatedly. Go Dunlop!!! (>

CAM178
03-29-2008, 09:15 PM
Yeah they're asses. I've spent over $800 in last 3 years on their racquets and when I sent e-mail to check warranty status on a racquet they ignored me repeatedly. Go Dunlop!!! (>
Yep, same here. Sent Wilson 3 e-mails, and they never responded to a single one. This, after using their racquets exclusively for 25+ years (which was mentioned in my e-mail to them).

Bye-bye Wilson. . . .hello Head!

ClubHoUno
03-30-2008, 08:31 AM
Hello :)

I'm using a setup very close to yours.

Have 4 (soon to be 5) Wilson K Factor 6.1 95's and 2 (soon to be 3) Head MicroGel Prestige Pro rackets. I also use grip size 4 3/8, size 3 grips and only thing I didn't fancy about my great new Head rackets was the grip shape. A size 3 on the Head feels smaller and more edgy than a size 3 grip on my Wilson rackets.

Didn't you think the Head grip shape felt thinner and more edgy compared to the Wilson grip shape ?

I will try to make up for this thinner feeling Head shape by removing the white Head Hydrosorb grip that the MicroGel Prestige Pro rackets come preinstalled with and install a thick nice true leather grip in a thick version and then add a Wilson overgrip to that.

CAM178
03-30-2008, 04:18 PM
Hello :) I'm using a setup very close to yours.
Have 4 (soon to be 5) Wilson K Factor 6.1 95's and 2 (soon to be 3) Head MicroGel Prestige Pro rackets. I also use grip size 4 3/8, size 3 grips and only thing I didn't fancy about my great new Head rackets was the grip shape. A size 3 on the Head feels smaller and more edgy than a size 3 grip on my Wilson rackets.
Didn't you think the Head grip shape felt thinner and more edgy compared to the Wilson grip shape ?
I will try to make up for this thinner feeling Head shape by removing the white Head Hydrosorb grip that the MicroGel Prestige Pro rackets come preinstalled with and install a thick nice true leather grip in a thick version and then add a Wilson overgrip to that.
Hey. :)

The Head grip shape actually felt really good to me. Maybe it's because I'm so frustrated with Wilson right now that a racquet with a frying pan handle would feel good. But the Head grip felt great. Most importantly, it was great to start playing with a 3/8 grip again, as I had recently switched down to 1/4, and that was a huge mistake. I can barely move my wrist today.

As to overgrips, I'm sticking with Wilson. Recently tried Gamma, and they stink. Their tackiness is good, but it retains far too much sweat, particularly at the base, which is not so good for a baseliner.

Next up I'm going to try the Yonex overgrips, as I've heard that the red in particular has really good tack.

snoopy
03-30-2008, 04:25 PM
No, no, no, white super grap is best. All the colored super graps stink. I found Wilson pro overgrips to be the tackiest but the gave me blisters. Super grap is pretty tacky and a little thicker.

What strings are you planning on using with your Prestige Pro? Are you getting good power?

CAM178
03-30-2008, 04:28 PM
No, no, no, white super grap is best. All the colored super graps stink. I found Wilson pro overgrips to be the tackiest but the gave me blisters. Super grap is pretty tacky and a little thicker.
What strings are you planning on using with your Prestige Pro? Are you getting good power?
What's Super Grap? Hey, I'll give anything a try.

As to strings, that's a great question. This is the not-fun part of new racquets: finding the right string combo and tension. The strings I hit with in the Head the other day were the next level up from syn gut (whatever that means; this is what the stringer told me, so he knows way more about strings than I do).

I usually start with PSG Original and then go from there. Any suggestions? I'm all ears, as y'all know a lot more about strings than do I.

AndrewD
03-30-2008, 04:42 PM
I'd be interested, too. A few of my hitting buddies have switched ... and switched back. I keep forgetting to ask what the differences were, but I hear them laugh when anyone says the kFactor is the next generation of the n6.1....

- KK

Karl,

I spoke too soon. Our tennis programme, which I had believed would be assisted by Wilson this year (hence my using one of the 6.1 series), decided to accept a better offer (surprising as to how much better) from Babolat instead. So I guess I'll now be debating the merits of the PDC, APDC, Storm, etc.

snoopy
03-30-2008, 04:58 PM
I can't give you any string recommendations. I've been playing poly in a stiff frame, it works pretty well.

I'm intrigued by the the Prestige Pro that's why I asked what strings you were using. I'm trying to figure out if the Pro has enough pop for my game.

Super grap = the Yonex grips you are talking abiout.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageACYONEX-YSOG.html

If you've been using white Wilson Pro, then white Super grap is most comparable. I find that the colors take away the tackiness. But for $3 it's worth trying a few different colors.

CAM178
03-30-2008, 08:16 PM
All I know is that that Prestige Pro is the best racquet I've hit with in years. Just felt amazingly solid. All of the shots that I used to be able to hit with the n6.1 but now I shank, well I could hit those with ease with the Head. Shots like a low run-around FH approach hit to opponent's FH (righty) were easy again. Other shots like my serve. . .finally I had my balls back again, and I could hit both the 1st & 2nd with extreme confidence again.

The balance felt amazing to me: very headlight, and very quick through the strike zone. Low BH's were hit with ease, whereas with the n6.1 I was scared sh**less to hit out on those for fear of it going long or shanking.

It just feels good to have that confidence back again. And it only took me 30 min to get all of my n6.1's & bag on the auction site.

Can't wait to get the new Head gear in. :)

JohnP
03-30-2008, 11:21 PM
It's great to hear that you've found and are happy with a racquet, cam. I'd been following your threads and had offered what advice i've had to give about the 6.1 line of racquets.

In my extensive testing I found that what I liked about the more flexible racquets I tried was outweighed by the things I didn't like. That being said, i've never played a prestige. I'm a bit curious now after your experiences. I also would like to try out the KBlade Tour, which you posted an interesting review of.

Anyway, congrats, hope you stick with them for some time!

origmarm
03-31-2008, 04:06 AM
I'm kind of done with Wilson. It's time for a new brand after 25+ years

I call this the 5th phase of Wilson ownership :)

The phases:

1) Wow! This is a great stick, it feels like an extension of my arm! I've tried racquets before but Wilson have something special here

2) They discontinued my racquet! Why!? After they sold so many and it was so popular! It's only been 2yrs! The replacement doesn't feel that great, better stock up...

3) My stock is running low :(...must scour ****. Can't really find anything, all the new ones look similar, they're the same line, must demo some new sticks.

4) Wilson aren't returning my e-mails, all the new racquets I bought are close but not really what I wanted, none of the specs match between them, I used up all my lead, I just have no confidence anymore, I'm constantly trying to find what's wrong with my feel

5) I'm done with Wilson! I've played with them for 20+yrs, they changed my racquets for no reason and with no warning, they all play like rubbish. Nothing in their line feels quite right. I've been a loyal customer for years and I'm feeling dissapointed, they care more about flash than substance now. Wow, this X brand racquet plays great! Bye bye Wilson!

6) Freedom! :)

ClubHoUno
03-31-2008, 07:13 AM
I call this the 5th phase of Wilson ownership

The phases:

1) Wow! This is a great stick, it feels like an extension of my arm! I've tried racquets before but Wilson have something special here

2) They discontinued my racquet! Why!? After they sold so many and it was so popular! It's only been 2yrs! The replacement doesn't feel that great, better stock up...

3) My stock is running low :(...must scour ****. Can't really find anything, all the new ones look similar, they're the same line, must demo some new sticks.

4) Wilson aren't returning my e-mails, all the new racquets I bought are close but not really what I wanted, none of the specs match between them, I used up all my lead, I just have no confidence anymore, I'm constantly trying to find what's wrong with my feel

5) I'm done with Wilson! I've played with them for 20+yrs, they changed my racquets for no reason and with no warning, they all play like rubbish. Nothing in their line feels quite right. I've been a loyal customer for years and I'm feeling dissapointed, they care more about flash than substance now. Wow, this X brand racquet plays great! Bye bye Wilson!

6) Freedom! :)

I've been a happy Wilson fan for more than 15 years - ever since I bought 4 of the great Pro Staff 6.1 Classic's. Now I own 5 of the K Factor K-6.1 and they are very close to each other in terms of balance and weight - I've must have been lucky, I guess :)

Love my Wilson K Factor's - they play a tad better than my old Pro Staff Classic 6.1 95 beams. But also just bought 3 Head Microgel Prestige Pro and they are also awesome - except for the grip shape :?

I'm a Head and Wilson fan for now - also want to try out some of the Yonex, Fisher and Kneissl offerings though.......

origmarm
03-31-2008, 09:19 AM
I've been a happy Wilson fan for more than 15 years - ever since I bought 4 of the great Pro Staff 6.1 Classic's. Now I own 5 of the K Factor K-6.1 and they are very close to each other in terms of balance and weight - I've must have been lucky, I guess :)

Love my Wilson K Factor's - they play a tad better than my old Pro Staff Classic 6.1 95 beams. But also just bought 3 Head Microgel Prestige Pro and they are also awesome - except for the grip shape :?

I'm a Head and Wilson fan for now - also want to try out some of the Yonex, Fisher and Kneissl offerings though.......

Yeah that post shouldn't be taken too seriously :)

The PSC6.1 was my first love also, superbo! I have had some pretty bad ones though even back then, some of them were pretty bad. Its luck of the draw I think, my dad has about 10 6.0 85s and they were mostly fine.

CAM178
03-31-2008, 09:20 AM
origmarm, great post as always, man. Ha ha. . .got a good laugh out of that one.

Wilson does make great racquets, but they are more concerned with marketing than with customer satisfaction. Note to Wilson: try a few marketing studies, and not just in the area of Wilson HQ. It might behoove you to find out what hard-core Wilson users want, need, and expect from you.

That being said, they can not please everybody. BUT, it is still odd that so many of us Wilson users have the same gripes about discontinuation, etc.

If nothing else, I think it was time for a change for me. Truth be told, I will probably be back to Wilson eventually. I've always loved their racquets. But then again, maybe not! This Head stick rocks, and I plan on keeping it for a while. It's even better that it's a new model!

sureshs
03-31-2008, 09:25 AM

The head size is 95.

I play with this stick now and I chose one that is true to the specs.

sureshs
03-31-2008, 09:29 AM
I love this stick and it suits me fine. But advanced players be cautioned that the 316 SW does not come without a price - i.e. lack of heavy shots and serves.

Entire last week I was demoing a Dunlop Aerogel 200 which the pro shop guy asked me to do for him. The higher SW produced much better serves than the PP, including aces into the fence. But it started becoming a burden as time wore on.

Always a compromise somewhere. But the feel and comfort of the PP are unique. Great comfort, and the feel - it is unique, that is all I can say. Not a Dunlop feel or a Yonex feel - not that flexy.

allrightguy
03-31-2008, 02:51 PM
I was impressed by the mg prestiges too. One of the nicest racquest I have demoed, but not what I'm looking for. The MP was probably my favorite because it had a little more pop and was more forgiving, but they're difficult to serve with if you're used to a sub-12 ounce stick.

Remaining demos:
KBlade Tour
KBlade 98
KPro Tour
Prince Ozone Tour and Pro version

CAM178
04-01-2008, 01:10 AM
The head size is 95.
I play with this stick now and I chose one that is true to the specs.
Interesting that you say it's a 95, as I got the info from TW's site, and also from what is stamped on the frame.

origmarm
04-01-2008, 01:31 AM
Interesting that you say it's a 95, as I got the info from TW's site, and also from what is stamped on the frame.

All of my Head 98s have been 95s mate, it's just Head. They measure from the outside of the frame or something similar. Same with the Mids, they come in about 3in smaller overall.

Kaptain Karl
04-01-2008, 07:23 AM
I forgot about that, but they're correct. Head measures them differently ... but as has also frequently been posted, there's little real surface area difference between a 90, 93, 95 and even 100.

- KK

Gee
04-01-2008, 07:50 AM
I forgot about that, but they're correct. Head measures them differently ... but as has also frequently been posted, there's little real surface area difference between a 90, 93, 95 and even 100.

- KK

Be aware of that very small differences can make big differences (eg. 18x20 vs 16x19, 95" vs 98", playing with/without string dampener etc.).

Lately I played with Head MG Mid (93") and Midplus (98"). I noticed that the Mid was definetely more demanding due its (slightly) smaller headsize.

Chauvalito
04-01-2008, 07:54 AM
CAM,

Could you comment on the string spacing on the PRO. From pictures, and other posters I have gathered that the string pattern is actually quite closed for 16x19.

Have you noticed this while playing at all? I have used 18x20's for the past few years but I am still tempted to try the PRO.

The 18x20 pattern on many Volkl's is actually quite spaced out compared to say a k95 18x20.

Thanks

Kaptain Karl
04-01-2008, 08:36 AM
Be aware of that very small differences can make big differences (eg. 18x20 vs 16x19, 95" vs 98", playing with/without string dampener etc.).Good point. For me strings and stringing patterns (as Chauvalito mentions) is way more noticeable from a performance basis than Mid or MP head sizes. (I'm not a *power* player -- except with my serve -- but a feel/touch player.) Maybe that's why...?

YMMV

- KK

luv2volley
04-01-2008, 08:46 AM
All of my Head 98s have been 95s mate, it's just Head. They measure from the outside of the frame or something similar. Same with the Mids, they come in about 3in smaller overall.

So, the Prestige Mid is smaller than 93s ?
BTW, the mid has impressive ground strokes for my initial test.

pmerk34
04-01-2008, 08:52 AM
I was impressed by the mg prestiges too. One of the nicest racquest I have demoed, but not what I'm looking for. The MP was probably my favorite because it had a little more pop and was more forgiving, but they're difficult to serve with if you're used to a sub-12 ounce stick.

Remaining demos:
KBlade Tour
KBlade 98
KPro Tour
Prince Ozone Tour and Pro version

We are demoing the same racquets The 98 felt real nice will hit again with it tonight

sureshs
04-01-2008, 09:01 AM

Head measures head size from the outside. Believe it or not, I have measured the PP's head size on squared paper, and it came out to be 95.

origmarm
04-01-2008, 09:19 AM
So, the Prestige Mid is smaller than 93s ?
BTW, the mid has impressive ground strokes for my initial test.

My understanding is yes, that it's more akin to a 90". It's not a perfect 3" difference, it's about that

origmarm
04-01-2008, 09:20 AM
Good point. For me strings and stringing patterns (as Chauvalito mentions) is way more noticeable from a performance basis than Mid or MP head sizes.

Agreed (10)

CAM178
04-01-2008, 08:26 PM
Head measures head size from the outside. Believe it or not, I have measured the PP's head size on squared paper, and it came out to be 95.
If so, that's even better, as 95 is my favorite head size. This racquet just gets better and better every day. :)

CAM178
04-01-2008, 08:28 PM
CAM,
Could you comment on the string spacing on the PRO. From pictures, and other posters I have gathered that the string pattern is actually quite closed for 16x19.
Have you noticed this while playing at all? I have used 18x20's for the past few years but I am still tempted to try the PRO.
The 18x20 pattern on many Volkl's is actually quite spaced out compared to say a k95 18x20.
Thanks
This is kind of technical to me. All I know is that the racquet plays well. I try not to think too much about stringbeds, etc. I think about that stuff if the racquet doesn't feel quite right, or if I just don't like it at all.

As for playing, that will have to wait, as I reinjured my wrist (old injury), and will be out for a bit.