PDA

View Full Version : Difference between racquets choice for a player like me?

fwuffy squirrel
03-28-2008, 03:43 PM
Sorry im not sure if this is in the right section but here it goes.

I just joined my first tennis class and I REALLY enjoy it. Im 22 and very sportive. Im usually good at sports I play or try and I feel like tennis is my game. Ive only played about 50 games in the course of 2 months and now I have decided to buy all of my equipment. I would like to know what you guys think about these racquets I have to choose from.

Additional info that I could think would relate to tennis would be that Im 6'2 180lbs very muscular (im going into firefighting) but slightly thin as 180 is a little low for my hight. My swing I think is quite long and if it matters I would definitely like to utilize spin and control as well as just brute power in my game. Oh and ive been playing with my friends Prince TT thunderbolt.

Here are my choices:

Head Flexpoint Radical Tour 4
PRINCE OZONE TOUR MP
Wilson K Factor KSix-One 95
Head Flexpoint Prestige Midplus
Head Microgel Extreme Pro 4
Some o3, Microgel or just stick with my friends Prince Thunderbolt

If you guys have any other racquets you think I should get then im all for it but I would prefer 1 of these 5.

Thank you all very much for your help

Mansewerz
03-28-2008, 03:55 PM
Microgel extreme pro 4??? never heard it with a 4 on the end

fwuffy squirrel
03-28-2008, 03:58 PM
oh im sorry I copy the name off **** and added a piece of the size i guess.

Mansewerz
03-28-2008, 04:17 PM
oh im sorry I copy the name off **** and added a piece of the size i guess.

LOL nice. The best way to find out which is best for you is a demo. Demo rackets off of TW. It's pretty cheap, about 20 bucks for 4 rackets at once (up to 4 at once) for 1 week. Send it back and demo some more if you haven't found your perfect racquet.

crawl4
03-28-2008, 08:59 PM
i haven't played with any of those before but ive heard good things about most of them. Just wondering in the past 2 months if you have developed a style eg net player or are you a baseliner?

TennisProdigy
03-28-2008, 09:33 PM
Head flexpoint prestiege midplus would be the best for your game. The high weight should be easy for a firefighter and you would benefit from the stability and power a heavy frame provides. The midplus head will be more forgiving since your shot mechanics probably are not perfect right now.

fuzz nation
03-29-2008, 09:22 AM
If I may take this opportunity to master the obvoius, you'll probably only know what you like after you try it out. It's probably best to ignore the hype over gear that is supposedly appropriate for you and there's an excellent chance that you'll be disappointed with something that you buy without a demo.

Take your time and play with what you have now while you look around. Frames seem to fit individuals like the right pair of shoes; when you have a good fit, you can feel it.

Welcome aboard!