PDA

View Full Version : Bumper Guard Installation help

meowmix
03-28-2008, 05:29 PM
My grommets on my bumper guard were shot so I figured I'd install a new one. Problem is, I can't get the stupid thing to fit in those grommet holes! I'm certain it's the right one (I installed the rest of the b&g set fine), but those stupid holes!!!! I have a Gamma Ipex 7.0 MP. Can anybody help me?!!!

And next time, I'm getting myself an 03 racket. FORGET ABOUT THOSE GROMMETS!!!!:twisted:

soggyramen
03-28-2008, 05:32 PM
My grommets on my bumper guard were shot so I figured I'd install a new one. Problem is, I can't get the stupid thing to fit in those grommet holes! I'm certain it's the right one (I installed the rest of the b&g set fine), but those stupid holes!!!! I have a Gamma Ipex 7.0 MP. Can anybody help me?!!!

And next time, I'm getting myself an 03 racket. FORGET ABOUT THOSE GROMMETS!!!!:twisted:

hahaha one of the reasons i checked out the o3's

hewittfan3
03-28-2008, 05:33 PM
It can be hard getting a bumper guard on but you gotta just be patient. I use a paper clip to kind of push the next one in to the side. Idk theres many ways of doing it

themitchmann
03-28-2008, 05:34 PM
You can make the strip more pliable with some heat...heat gun or hair dryer. All you have to do is warm it up a little, don't blast it in one spot.

Zhou
03-28-2008, 05:46 PM
Watch YUlitle's video.

bobbyb
03-28-2008, 05:50 PM
use the awls and have it center the grommet in the hole while pushing the other side...just dont try to force it too hard cuz itll get bent...just make sure its in the right direction cuz even tho both ends of it look identical there are slight differences

alu16L
03-28-2008, 06:16 PM
hahaha one of the reasons i checked out the o3's

Oh yeah, try installing the bumber guard on the O3 Tour or O3 White and then tell us what you think of O3 rackets. Also, the Babolat woofer grommets are the toughest mass production racket grommets to replace.