PDA

View Full Version : Claycourtstick: POG Mid or Aero Storm? Any other racguet?

Racket2008
03-29-2008, 02:14 AM
Hello,

I am a claycourt player from Germany and I am playing the POG Mid at the moment. This is a nice stick and i really love the feel, control and spin. I play all the time on clay and i think (am i right?) that the headsize is not perfekt. I hit with huge spin and i am a hardhitter with the forehand. Backhand is one handed and when ever it is possible i play forehand. Gamestyle is like the claycourtplayer from spain ;) or like Gonzo. I dont play like them, but so you know my art of game. :)

What do you think about the headsize problem?

Second:
I have the Babolat Aero Pure Storm fpr demo and the first training yesterday was really amazing. Is it a good idea to thi nk about a change to this frame? The headsize and sweetspot are def. bigger and better (?).

ledor
03-29-2008, 04:32 AM
Aero Storm is not that great. Try the Pure Storm Tour instead for a little more un-muted feel. Headsize is fine as already Babolat racquets have a big sweetspot with the Woofer Technology.

Racket2008
03-29-2008, 08:37 AM
Do u think the mid is to small? What about the Head Prestige Pro? Any other comments? Thanks :)

saram
03-29-2008, 09:05 AM
Do u think the mid is to small? What about the Head Prestige Pro? Any other comments? Thanks :)

Now you are talking about another similar sized stick...I'd stick with the POG and refine your strokes and game. The POG is a great stick!

vsbabolat
03-29-2008, 09:23 AM

I don't think a midsize racquets is to small. The New Head MG Prestige Pro is a very nice racquet. I think You should give the MG Prestige Pro a demo. The MG Prestige racquets are the nicest Head racquets in years.

Petekbladetour1
03-30-2008, 04:58 AM
Hello,

I am a claycourt player from Germany and I am playing the POG Mid at the moment. This is a nice stick and i really love the feel, control and spin. I play all the time on clay and i think (am i right?) that the headsize is not perfekt. I hit with huge spin and i am a hardhitter with the forehand. Backhand is one handed and when ever it is possible i play forehand. Gamestyle is like the claycourtplayer from spain ;) or like Gonzo. I dont play like them, but so you know my art of game. :)

What do you think about the headsize problem?

Second:
I have the Babolat Aero Pure Storm fpr demo and the first training yesterday was really amazing. Is it a good idea to thi nk about a change to this frame? The headsize and sweetspot are def. bigger and better (?).

Try the kblade tour 93!

Peter Szucs
03-30-2008, 05:10 AM
i also play on clay but i am not a fan of the Aero Storm. give the POG OS a try... thats perfect for baseline play.

tzinc
03-30-2008, 12:33 PM
Aeropro Drive with or without Cortex

Racket2008
04-02-2008, 12:54 AM
I am going to demo the APDC. Is there enough mass to go through the ball?

Doc Hollidae
04-02-2008, 08:55 AM
I'd suggest giving the Speedport Tour a spin. Try it with both inserts, but I think you'll find yourself a nice racket there. Tons of spin with a solid and stable feeling. The 16x18 pattern really hits a heavy ball. This was one of the few rackets that reminded me of that "old school" feeling.

counterpuncher
04-02-2008, 03:12 PM
If you hit well with the Aero Storm then stick with that despite what others opinions may be on it. I have one in my bag which I pretty much take out only when I play on clay. I seem to play better with it than anything else including my regular RQiS 1 on clay, not the case on quicker surfaces though.

Doc Hollidae
04-02-2008, 03:30 PM
If you hit well with the Aero Storm then stick with that despite what others opinions may be on it. I have one in my bag which I pretty much take out only when I play on clay. I seem to play better with it than anything else including my regular RQiS 1 on clay, not the case on quicker surfaces though.

I would think that because clay is slower it gives you more time to set up and hit with the heavier Aerostorm. On a faster surface you don't get that same luxury of reaction time and the lighter, lower SW RQiS Tour 1 makes up for that loss of reaction time.

Just a guess though.

counterpuncher
04-02-2008, 03:40 PM
I would think that because clay is slower it gives you more time to set up and hit with the heavier Aerostorm. On a faster surface you don't get that same luxury of reaction time and the lighter, lower SW RQiS Tour 1 makes up for that loss of reaction time.

Just a guess though.
Yes that's my opinion although the weight (around 340 grams measured on on my postal scale) and sw (around 325) is pretty much the same for both. I believe the more headlight balance and more polarised nature of the RQiS 1 is what helps on quicker surfaces.

Shashwat
04-02-2008, 03:55 PM
I would realllly try the Babolat Pure Storm Tour.

Racket2008
04-14-2008, 08:13 AM
So, i really like the Aeropro Drive Cortex! I think it could be my next stick. Should i demo the plus version or is this because of the one-handed stupid?

Racket2008
04-18-2008, 02:07 PM
Can you tell me the differenc between the Aeropro Pure Drive Cortex and the AeroPro CONTROL?