PDA

View Full Version : Where to put lead tape?

beedlejuice22
03-29-2008, 06:26 AM
Where should i put lead tape on my racket that will just add some overall weight to it. I don't want to mess up the balance point if that is possible.

sruckauf
03-29-2008, 07:26 AM
In that case, try a 3 inch strip at the 6 o'clock position in the head. (bottom) That will add a little heft to the frame without messing with the balance. (or very very little depending on the stock balance)

nickarnold2000
03-29-2008, 07:56 AM
I've put lead on the inside of the throat, right on the balance point and it worked fine as well as retaining the original HL balance.

TheAverageTennisPlayer56
03-29-2008, 08:07 AM
Open up the butt and but some lead in there, and stuff it up with cotton so it doesn't shake. That works well too.

beedlejuice22
03-29-2008, 08:12 AM
Open up the butt and but some lead in there, and stuff it up with cotton so it doesn't shake. That works well too.

Wouldnt that just make it more head light?

roddick89
03-29-2008, 09:47 AM
@ 6 o'clock, i did it to my pure drive team standard because i wanted to keep it head light but add more heft for control, it made all the difference and you can really take big cuts at the ball and have the confidence it will stay in.
Out of interest, what racquet are you using right now?

beedlejuice22
03-29-2008, 12:54 PM
@ 6 o'clock, i did it to my pure drive team standard because i wanted to keep it head light but add more heft for control, it made all the difference and you can really take big cuts at the ball and have the confidence it will stay in.
Out of interest, what racquet are you using right now?

Wilson Ncode Nsix-two. it already has lead tape at 12 and in the grip because i bought another Nsix-two and it was very different in weight from my first one. Now im getting stronger and just need more heft.

roddick89
03-29-2008, 02:04 PM
Wilson Ncode Nsix-two. it already has lead tape at 12 and in the grip because i bought another Nsix-two and it was very different in weight from my first one. Now im getting stronger and just need more heft.

Thats a great stick, i just looked at it on TW and its a fairly light racquet strung so if your getting stronger and starting to to take bigger cuts then i would recommend adding the lead at the 6 o'clock position, but i suppose its what you're looking to gain from the racquet.
Good Luck.

quest01
03-29-2008, 02:08 PM
On my APDC+ I apply 8 grams of lead at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions and 2 grams under the replacement grip going vertically.

Four inches of 4 1/4 width pieces of lead tape equals 1 gram. So I use 4 strips of lead on the 3 position and 4 strips at the 9 position.

beedlejuice22
03-29-2008, 02:13 PM
Thats a great stick, i just looked at it on TW and its a fairly light racquet strung so if your getting stronger and starting to to take bigger cuts then i would recommend adding the lead at the 6 o'clock position, but i suppose its what you're looking to gain from the racquet.
Good Luck.

thanks i'll try that. i'll let you know how it works out