PDA

View Full Version : HELPshould i use Prince sp black or wilson kblade tour93???

Petekbladetour1
03-29-2008, 01:25 PM
im a beginner/improver and i use the prince speedport black right now. since friday i have been demoing the wilson kbladetour 93. i really like the kblade it has a good feel and i get really good shots with it, but i dont know if im good enough for it yet.
Thanks for your help.:)

kungfusmkim
03-29-2008, 01:28 PM
Your racquet sounds good enough its the speedport series dude lol a beginner/improver using a prince speedport black is kinda hmmm kinda kinda too rich isnt it? I mean when i was improving i was using a $19 Head oversize.

kungfusmkim
03-29-2008, 01:30 PM
Also stick with your Speed port black its light it has gives alot of power. Untill your good enough to forcefully have to lead your racquet so you dont over pwoer your shots i wouldnt change it.

Petekbladetour1
03-29-2008, 01:30 PM
Your racquet sounds good enough its the speedport series dude lol a beginner/improver using a prince speedport black is kinda hmmm kinda kinda too rich isnt it? I mean when i was improving i was using a $19 Head oversize.

im improving very fast and i want a really good racket:)

Petekbladetour1
03-29-2008, 01:33 PM
im actually hitting better groundstrokes with the kblade and serves are quite good as well, but the serves arent as powerfull as with the speedport though.

kungfusmkim
03-29-2008, 01:35 PM
Well if you really want to spend that much money going for the Kblade go for it no ones stopping you but the Kblade is a closed string pattern so your going to get more control in your game but less spin unless you used special strings.

kungfusmkim
03-29-2008, 01:36 PM
Also ask your coaches about it and play a real tournament and another thing whats your NTRP rating?

kungfusmkim
03-29-2008, 01:37 PM
Im intermediate II level and i still use a Wilson N4 lawl.

Petekbladetour1
03-29-2008, 01:41 PM
What is a NTRP rating?

kungfusmkim
03-29-2008, 01:47 PM
NTRP rating is a form of rating system made my the USTA to classify the level of your skills.

kungfusmkim
03-29-2008, 01:48 PM
Here is link to get you to self rate your self : http://www.matchmakertennis.com/public/ntrp.html

kungfusmkim
03-29-2008, 01:50 PM
You have to be truthful or else there is no point in looking at the system in the first place.

Serve n' Volley
03-29-2008, 02:16 PM
If you really like the K Blade Tour and you feel it fits your game, get it.

Petekbladetour1
03-30-2008, 01:07 AM
Also ask your coaches about it and play a real tournament and another thing whats your NTRP rating?

I would probably say i am a 4.0

kaibaNYC06
03-30-2008, 02:09 AM
i think you should stick w/ the speedport black. It'll help you develop a stronger foundation, and after a while you'll begin to see what kind of racquets you perfer. But up to you. If you really want a Kblade tour, Go for it :).

vndesu
03-30-2008, 03:00 AM
I would probably say i am a 4.0

you say this while in the begining of the thread you say youre a beginer?
mayb get 3 lm radicals with that money spent and start there.
if you really are a 4.0 just get the speedport black

Petekbladetour1
03-30-2008, 03:09 AM
you say this while in the begining of the thread you say youre a beginer?
mayb get 3 lm radicals with that money spent and start there.
if you really are a 4.0 just get the speedport black

The reason i said beginner is that i am from sweden and i dident know about the ntrp rating system before now, and also i dident know the right words.
I apologise for any missunderstanding becouse of my nationality:oops:

vndesu
03-30-2008, 03:13 AM
well as long as you explain it.
if you want a good racket id reccomend is the ag300
so just try and demo more.
to be honest id rather get like 3 lm rad than 1 kblade tour.
or w/e
honestly its up to you bc we are just here to help suggest

master_stringer_mitchy
03-30-2008, 04:11 AM
i would say go for what makes u play the best and feels best for you. ive used thin players rackets and like them, im using the blacks now and love them. im 6.2" and a big guy who hits big, but use a western grip and the extra kick i get from the blacks is great. i do add alot of lead thou and string polys to tame the power. what i will say is, if your using a racket like the prince, and try a proper players stick, thin beam, heavy, it will be sweet to start of with becasue of the extra control, but after a while, most ppl prefer the power from a tweener racket. i would give the blade a long play test before purchasing.

ChrisNC
03-30-2008, 04:30 AM
A 4.0 Beginner...that's why I can't stand the NTRP system, and more specifically the vague descriptions.

Anyway, more to the point of the OP, the SP Black is a fantastic stick, but you have to pick what works best all around for your game. Sometimes that means giving up one thing for something else.

master_stringer_mitchy
03-30-2008, 05:05 AM
hey man, i see your experimenting with strings to for the black. which inserts are you using?

kungfusmkim
03-30-2008, 05:10 AM
Id say stick with your speedport and grow with it. The speedports are like babolat PD's 70 stiff ness 5 pts head light swing weight is near the same range yeah so its a great baseliner stick stick with it. The Kblade just came out so im still a bit iffy aobut the stick it self.

Petekbladetour1
03-30-2008, 05:13 AM
A 4.0 Beginner...that's why I can't stand the NTRP system, and more specifically the vague descriptions.

Anyway, more to the point of the OP, the SP Black is a fantastic stick, but you have to pick what works best all around for your game. Sometimes that means giving up one thing for something else.

The thing i have to give up by using the kblade is the power that i could have had with the speedport. I will show you how i compare the two rackets

The positive things with the Kblade is: Good feel and excellent controll.
The negative things with the Kblade is: There is not very much power and it is not very forgiving.

The positive things with the speedport is: Lots of power and very forgiving
The negative things with the speedport is: There is not very much controll and it does not have a good feel.

I think that i should go for the kblade. Do you?

Petekbladetour1
03-30-2008, 05:17 AM
hey man, i see your experimenting with strings to for the black. which inserts are you using?

Im using the string port insert. But i am planning to buy the Kblade so the strings are for the kBlade.

kungfusmkim
03-30-2008, 05:24 AM
Id still agree you shouldnt get a racquet just because there isnt much controll in your game. Its you whoa re playing with the racquet if you can control the Speedport black imagine what you can do with other racquet.

Petekbladetour1
03-30-2008, 10:58 AM
Id still agree you shouldnt get a racquet just because there isnt much controll in your game. Its you whoa re playing with the racquet if you can control the Speedport black imagine what you can do with other racquet.
So are you saying i should get the speedport or not?

Petekbladetour1
03-30-2008, 10:59 AM
Sorry i meant the kblade.

ChrisNC
03-30-2008, 03:59 PM

I'm using the speedport inserts right now, but I'm restringing tonight and putting the stringports inserts just in the sides on one of them. I'll A/B them with the same string setup that way for a bit.

ChrisNC
03-30-2008, 04:05 PM
The positive things with the speedport is: Lots of power and very forgiving

This is very true. The Black is loaded with power and is a serve monster (IMO, of course).

The negative things with the speedport is: There is not very much controll and it does not have a good feel.

I don't really find it lacking in the control department, to be honest. Do you find that you spray a lot of shots long?

Replacing the grip with leather has done worlds of good for mine in feel.

I think that i should go for the kblade. Do you?

I think you've convinced yourself that you need the kblade. I never underestimate the power of self-suggestion. Once you start feeling like something is hindering your performance, the mental disturbance actually makes it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

[K]aotic
03-30-2008, 06:36 PM
A lot of players are convinced that it is not technique, but the racket that gives them control. However it is the extension of the arm during contact that gives a lot of the control. My recommendation is to get the Speedport Black because it is forgiving. As a beginner, you'll spend more time not mishitting the ball than actually dictating a point.

lilxjohnyy
03-30-2008, 06:47 PM
i strongly feel that you should stick to ports because it is easier for you to develop your strokes properly before moving on to more advanced sticks AKA kblade. however it is your choice if you want to change. Also give the kblade nontour a try.

Petekbladetour1
03-31-2008, 12:35 AM
Ok thanks for your help guys but i think it might be time to close this thread. I have made my decision on wich racket i shall buy. I am going to buy the Kblade.
:D