PDA

View Full Version : The Phoenix: Prostaff Original Recent Production History??

80'stennis
03-30-2008, 02:21 AM
Hi, does anyone out there know the recent racquet production history for the Prostaff Original. I'm not asking about the St. Vincents, Chicagos, Taiwans, but rather about the more recent Chinas. Specifically, these racquets have recently been discontinued. From what I can gather, they seem to have been discontinued before within the last 5-10 years, but then brought back again. As you can guess my ultimate question in this thread is do you think they will bring them back again since they've been "discontinued" before? I've read somewhere that these racquets have been "discontinued" for some time, and it's only that TW received specially produced batches. But I'm not talking about this kind of discontinued. I'm talking about discontinued in the sense that even TW stopped getting their special batches, only to receive them once again at a later time. Has this happened? To be even more clear, I'm not referring to the lulls between special batches TW would receive throughout the year, where they would run out of a batch and notify us when the next shipment was due to arrive. I'm talking TW pulling the product listing altogether as they've done recently, signalling a more significant end of the racquet. And then some time later TW reintroducing the product: The Prostaff Original Lives Again!

I only started playing these racquets 3 years ago, during which time TW would get a batch of them maybe 3 or 4 times a year from what I recall. This recent discontinuation at TW is the first one in my time with these racquets. For those who have been playing them longer what was the production history like 2005 and back?

Do you think they'll bring them yet back again? I'm looking at history for an answer.

Apologies if this specific topic has been covered before, but the search function on this forum isn't the most helpful . . .

Thanks in advance for any educated responses. :)