PDA

View Full Version : Goran Ivanisevic v Goran Ivanisevic

laurie
03-30-2008, 03:23 AM
Haven't seen this since it was aired on BBC at 2001 Wimbledon. Excellent stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leg4o5jAPdE&NR=1

Lendl and Federer Fan
03-30-2008, 10:15 AM
Goran is the reason why I paid $600 for 2 Prestige Classic 600 racquets.

h7hugo
03-30-2008, 10:24 AM
taht's a lot of money dude!!

but pc600 are one of the best racquets ever made!!

MLtennis
03-30-2008, 03:16 PM
Haven't seen this since it was aired on BBC at 2001 Wimbledon. Excellent stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leg4o5jAPdE&NR=1

LOL!! I had never seen that before, that's funny stuff! Goran always surprised me with his attitude, he was definitely 2 different people on and off the court - and apparently 2 dif. people on the court as well!

Thanks for posting this!!

diggler
03-31-2008, 03:39 AM
nice vid....

origmarm
03-31-2008, 05:44 AM
LOL!! I had never seen that before, that's funny stuff! Goran always surprised me with his attitude, he was definitely 2 different people on and off the court - and apparently 2 dif. people on the court as well!

Thanks for posting this!!

3 people! :)

Good Goran

Ice-cool as the legendary Bjorn Borg and just as talented, this is the deadly unplayable Goran. His serve is as fast as it is pinpoint accurate, and his returns are so sharp that you could cut into a rock-face with them. This Goran is devastatingly charming as well as being undeniably sweet. He watches the Teletubbies to calm his nerves and is not afraid to admit it. Also, in a match versus Mark Philipoussis, he turned to a ball-girl behind him, got on his knees and implored her to save him from receiving the thunderbolts that Mark was sending down. The sight of a 6'4 man humbly begging to a girl a whole foot-and-a-half shorter was an unforgettably sweet moment. Quite the opposite of Bad Goran.

Bad Goran

First it was Jimmy Connors. Then John 'The Brat' McEnroe. Now Bad Goran can join them in the black-book of the umpire. This Goran does all the following and more:

Insults line staff
Screams profanities at everyone
Screams at the umpire
Smashes his racquet
Kicks the net and so on
These events can occur all at once, or spread throughout a match in any order. When the going gets really bad, so does Goran. Unfortunately, he may have been Good Goran to this point, only to lose the whole match to a rash moment of insanity. This is his main flaw, and paradoxically, also his main attraction. Crowds around the world love to see him lose his cool, and when he does, he does so in spectacular style.

Emergency Goran

Finally, when his back is really up against the wall, and there is a psychologically important point that he needs to win, Emergency Goran makes an entrance. A great example of this is in the semi-final of Wimbledon 2001 versus Tim Henman on an especially greasy Centre Court. Tim plays a good volley which Goran runs for and looks as if he might make an even better return. However, he slips, falling to his knees. The ball bounces, and the crowd as well as Henman thinks that Goran has lost the point. Only Emergency Goran kicks in, and he plays a vicious passing shot from his knees, winning the point. Neither the crowd nor Henman expects that, and after Bad Goran kicking in and losing a set 6-Love and several rain delays; Goran wins the match.

"Surely the Championship has never gone to a man who wanted it more fiercely or received it more joyously."
Re Wimbledon 2001

This was from a BBC article. If you ask me there are 4, there is also press confererence Goran! Check out some of the quotes:

http://www.goranonline.com/gi_quotes.html

gdsballer
03-31-2008, 07:37 AM
safin except more charming

Rickson
03-31-2008, 09:09 AM
I was always hoping you know after dat dat uh I can break through somewhere. I was hoping it can be Vimbledon and it is you know they gave me vildcard. My dream came true. Playing the best tennis ever. Two Gorans are good friends again. Both Gorans are here, friends. Sun is shining, vedder perfect. Everything is just like in your dreams.

Goran talks to Bud (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOpfIqK0IIo)

Pushmaster
03-31-2008, 10:51 AM
Goran is the reason why I paid $600 for 2 Prestige Classic 600 racquets.

I saw 1 go for $415 on the bay recently, so I'd say you got a pretty good deal for the 2 all things considered.

Young Pete
04-01-2008, 02:21 AM
don't forget the "911 goran" i heard goran talk about this 5th personality in an invterview.