PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Comfort Ratings.

Ultra2HolyGrail
03-30-2008, 09:35 PM
Seems like there are many that complain of pain from playing with babolats yet TW consistently rates comfort in the 80's even with the pretty stiff pure drive? Any thoughts appreciated :)

anbu4ever11
03-30-2008, 09:56 PM
i personally think it can be strings that will give you tennis elbow or any other pain. plus everyone is different anyway.I play with both the babolat aeropro drive with cortex and pure storm tour and both feel very comfortable.i also think maybe age might be the problem.im a teenager so it feels fine to me,but maybe when im older ill feel it.

eric892
03-30-2008, 10:11 PM
Yeah. I have no problem hitting with my PDR+ too. Babolat Cortex System works I think and I also put a dampener on it

tzinc
03-31-2008, 12:47 AM
This is a big myth. People get discomfort from all racquets. In fact, more people get tennis elbow etc from NON-Babolat racquets.

How you swing. How you string. Your own body issues etc play a much bigger role.

AndrewD
03-31-2008, 02:18 AM
How you swing.

I do believe that, when people get their hands on a racquet like the Pure Drive, they allow the power potential to go to their heads. Instead of hitting a comfortable 'rally ball' on 85% of their groundstrokes or hitting serves at 75% capacity (the extra power of the racquet means they don't have to go for quite so much in order to achieve good depth and hit a punishing serve) they try to hit with maximum power on all shots. Trouble is, by trying to hit with power on every shot people start to mishit the ball or mis-time it. That doesn't mean they're hitting off the frame, just that they aren't hitting the ball within the sweetspot (large as it is) and/or they're trying to force/muscle their shot in order to get the power they know is available. As the Pure Drive, or similar racquet, is stiff it will still give a good result on shots hit outside the sweetspot or not timed correctly. However, it's not going to be good for your body.