Any comments?

Thanks a lot in advance,
E.

GasquetGOAT
03-31-2008, 08:53 AM
What would you like to know?

emmanuel
03-31-2008, 09:14 AM
Brief comparasion between them in different aspects (groundstroke, serve, volley...)

emmanuel
03-31-2008, 07:18 PM
Any comments? ;)

kfactor/all/the/WAY!
03-31-2008, 07:23 PM
i go for the n 90. i dislike the feel of the rds oo1. the n 90 is a lot nicer for me

emmanuel
04-01-2008, 05:16 AM
Thx, Kfactor.

emmanuel
04-02-2008, 05:16 PM
I use a PC600.
I noted:
The Wilson Ncode n6.1 tour has more power.
Great touch and stability.
More weight, but more maneuverable than PC600.
Confortable 1 handed backhand.

TonyB
04-04-2008, 04:39 PM
I just hit with the K90 Tour tonight and I normally play with the RDS 001 mid.

The racquets cannot be more different. The specs of the RDS say it has a flex rating of 65. It feels more like 75 compared to the K90. Yet the K90 is supposed to have a 69 flex. Very odd.

Groundstrokes are no contest. I could not believe how clean I was hitting with the K90. Effortless power and amazing control. Maybe it was just the "newness" of the racquet, but I was able to hit better shots after 5 minutes with the K90 than I have been able to hit with the RDS after using it exclusively for the last 8 months.

Backhand drives were a dream. Just wind up, make contact, and watch the ball fly. I never, ever, got pushed around by my opponent, which is something that I cannot say about the RDS. While the RDS is incredibly solid in its own right, it still can put you on the defensive pretty quickly if you're not hitting at 100%.

Service returns are a mixed bag between the two. The K90 felt more solid and stable and I felt that I had a better chance of hitting strong shots, but the feel wasn't quite as nice as the RDS. When I hit a clean winner with the RDS, I knew it. But with the K90, it felt like "just another shot" when you spanked one for a winner. I haven't decided yet if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Serves were just about equal. I've learned how to serve well with the RDS after working on it for many months. But my skills transferred instantly over to the K90. I was hitting serves very easily and placing them whereever I wanted. Good strong pace, as well.

And even though there is a huge weight difference between the two (my RDS's weigh 340 grams and the K90 weighs 355 grams), I didn't get tired at all playing with the K90.

I was shocked at how much I liked the K90, since I tried a demo of the PS 6.0 95 once and did not like it at all. Just goes to show that even among the Pro Staff lineup, there are fairly significant differences to some people.

I'm going to play another couple of hours tomorrow with the K90, so I'll be able to get a better feel for it. But so far, I've been able to hit every shot (and more) with the K90 just as good or better than my RDS.