PDA

View Full Version : RQiS problem

misakikidd
04-01-2008, 09:35 AM
okay so i have been using the racket for two weeks now and have been super over protective of it cuz i had to pay 188 for it on my own (only 14 no job yet) so yesterday someone hits it with his racket cuz he didnt hear me tell him can you please move back i want to hit a couple forehands and backhands. he swings and i hear a crack sound. i look and a bit is chipped and also the gromment on the top is cracked. my concern is if the frame is cracked or not. what should i do?

steebo
04-01-2008, 09:42 AM
Hit against your palm on the strings close to the damage and purposely hit a few balls there also. It should feel very different if it is cracked. If it does feel odd, have your stringer remove the bumper, but not much you can do if it is broken. If not just install a new bumper, but it could still break later

misakikidd
04-01-2008, 09:45 AM
Hit against your palm on the strings close to the damage and purposely hit a few balls there also. It should feel very different if it is cracked. If it does feel odd, have your stringer remove the bumper, but not much you can do if it is broken. If not just install a new bumper, but it could still break later

do you know if yonex will replace the racket? i think the store might but i cant find that reciet

MichaelChang
04-01-2008, 10:12 AM
I don't think they will replace the racket if it is not a quality issue. In this case I don't think it is a quality issue. Sorry for the bad news.

misakikidd
04-01-2008, 10:15 AM
i might agree. i aint to sure about if it is cracked or not thought thats my problem. the store knows me well so they might replace my racket if it is cracked. but i dont know what to do wether i should cuz off my strings (paid 30-40 for them) to see or not

tzinc
04-01-2008, 10:19 AM
You should have got the guy WHO HIT IT to replace it! It's his fault!!!

JRstriker12
04-01-2008, 10:21 AM
My recommendation is to talk to the store. I would think that Yonex would replace it if the racket wasn't abused.

I bought a used Wilson (former demo) from a local shop and it cracked while I has hitting with it. I took it back to the shop, they sent it to Wilson and about 4 weeks later, I got a replacement.

bsandy
04-01-2008, 10:24 AM
You should have got the guy WHO HIT IT to replace it! It's his fault!!!

I disagree with this. It was not on purpose, or even a careless mistake. It seems to only be a mis-understanding, on what was going on.

. . . Bud

bsandy
04-01-2008, 10:26 AM
okay so i have been using the racket for two weeks now and have been super over protective of it cuz i had to pay 188 for it on my own (only 14 no job yet) so yesterday someone hits it with his racket cuz he didnt hear me tell him can you please move back i want to hit a couple forehands and backhands. he swings and i hear a crack sound. i look and a bit is chipped and also the gromment on the top is cracked. my concern is if the frame is cracked or not. what should i do?

You're probably okay.

. . . Bud