PDA

View Full Version : kbt or mg prestige mp

password
04-01-2008, 10:17 AM
Hello,

I am in the market for a racquet, and am wondering if anyone has played with the kbt and prestige midplus. How do they compare? Does the prestige (18/20) produce more spin than the kbt? power?

thank you

allrightguy
04-01-2008, 10:28 AM
I too am in the market for a new stick and am interested in the KBlade Tour. I have not had a chance to hit with it yet, but I did get to try out the mg prestige mid.

It's a very demanding racquet. Be ready to work hard in groundstroke rallies, and on serves. The question isn't "Is the racquet good enough for me?" It's "Am I good enough for the racquet?" The one spot it really shines is volleys.

Tell a little more about your playing style and what racquet you are switching from.

password
04-01-2008, 10:34 AM
well I have been playing with the kbt but looking for something similar, but a little more spin, pop, and forgiveness.

Im not looking at the mid, I am wondering about the midplus. The mids are a bit too demanding for everyday use I think.

allrightguy
04-01-2008, 10:39 AM
The midplus is very nice. It's a little more forgiving, still enough heft for some nice plough-thru effect. Still tough serving stick, but a lot better than the pro or the mid. If I were switching to a Head racquet it would be the Prestige Midplus

tarkowski
04-01-2008, 10:44 AM
well I have been playing with the kbt but looking for something similar, but a little more spin, pop, and forgiveness.

Im not looking at the mid, I am wondering about the midplus. The mids are a bit too demanding for everyday use I think.

Password, based on your comments, I think you would enjoy the Prestige MP qutie a bit. It has more 'inherent' pop than the KBlade Tour. And it has a lower swingweight, so it is a bit easier to generate spin. Plus it's a little larger (95 vs 93).

I can also reccommend the KBlade 98 as it has more of everything you are asking for. Comparing the KBlade 98 to the Prestige MP, the Prestige is quite a bit more HL and can provide more access to headspeed for topspin. If you come to net more, the Prestige may be better. If you pound from the baseline, the KBlade 98 may prove itself more of a fit.

Take care

allrightguy
04-01-2008, 10:53 AM
The kblade 98 is a good idea too. I've hit with it and it's a very nice stick. Haven't tried many others for comparison, but I'll get back to you after this set of demos (Prince Ozone Tour and Ozone Pro Tour, WIlson KPro Tour). After I get my hands on the KBlade Tour and 98 for a second go around, I'll be able to put in a little more feedback, and (hopefully) make my decision.

Gee
04-01-2008, 11:40 AM
Password, based on your comments, I think you would enjoy the Prestige MP qutie a bit. It has more 'inherent' pop than the KBlade Tour. And it has a lower swingweight, so it is a bit easier to generate spin. Plus it's a little larger (95 vs 93).

I can also reccommend the KBlade 98 as it has more of everything you are asking for. Comparing the KBlade 98 to the Prestige MP, the Prestige is quite a bit more HL and can provide more access to headspeed for topspin. If you come to net more, the Prestige may be better. If you pound from the baseline, the KBlade 98 may prove itself more of a fit.

Take care
I second that. I demoed the Head MG Mid, Midplus and NBlade 98 so I can confirm that allrightguy is all right!

thejuice
04-01-2008, 12:40 PM
Hello,

I am in the market for a racquet, and am wondering if anyone has played with the kbt and prestige midplus. How do they compare? Does the prestige (18/20) produce more spin than the kbt? power?

thank you

Just curious, what is your playing style? Also, what strings are in your KBT? It is a string sensitive stick (a lot like the MG Prestige). The strings make the KBT what it is (in terms of power and spin).

agfedsamp
04-02-2008, 05:45 PM
i play all-court

like to attack

i strung it with sppp

I like the feel, but need something similar, with more pop, and spin

P8ntballa
04-02-2008, 09:57 PM
The Kblade98 seemed too light when hitting against pace (especially at net,) I enjoyed the mg Prestiege mp much more, good weight, balance, good pop, and enough spin. Ive also played with the Kpro Tour and its sw is very light, this is great for generating head speed and power but it is very easily pushed around, also it has more pop then I expected from a 96" head (I think this is an awesome customization platform.) The KBT, while it was low powered its light sw and overall weight made it extremely manigable... great at net and on serve and what really suprised me was its stability which was good (another great platform for adding weight.) Also just to mention the RDS001 mp and the RQiS1 are great all-court sticks with loads of spin, control, feel, and a descent amount of pop.

Josherer
04-02-2008, 10:31 PM
The K blade is garbage. Go K90 :)

bcast66
04-03-2008, 04:09 AM
Hello,

thank you

both sticks are no joke..... you really need to set up and work hard for ever shot. setting up early is key with both sticks. the kbt is much better at volleys than the prestige.

the prestige is much more spin friendly than the kbt. serves are much better with prestige along with returns as well.

defense is better with the kbt but you can go from defense to offense with the prestige very easily. it takes more work with kbt.

bottom line is to try both and see what you play best with. but i would recommend a bigger head size unless you really like mid sized racquet's. happy hunting.

thejuice
04-03-2008, 04:34 AM
i play all-court

like to attack

i strung it with sppp

I like the feel, but need something similar, with more pop, and spin

SPPP is not the right string for getting pop and spin. It is a low powered string in what many feel to be a low powered frame. I would either go with a hybrid with a multi or a full gut, syn gut or multi setup. Try a hybrid with NXT Tour or one of Klip's multi offerings (Venom or Excellerator).

both sticks are no joke..... you really need to set up and work hard for ever shot. setting up early is key with both sticks. the kbt is much better at volleys than the prestige.

the prestige is much more spin friendly than the kbt. serves are much better with prestige along with returns as well.

defense is better with the kbt but you can go from defense to offense with the prestige very easily. it takes more work with kbt.

bottom line is to try both and see what you play best with. but i would recommend a bigger head size unless you really like mid sized racquet's. happy hunting.

Bcast, I disagree with you on a few accounts, specifically the spin friendly part. I can get nasty topspin with the KBT whereas I couldn't get any feel or topspin with the MG Prestige Mid. Oh, and I serve bombs with the KBT. For me, the KBT outshined the Prestige in all categories but then, to each his own.

eric892
04-03-2008, 05:59 AM
Microgel Prestige MP OR Pro is better.

eric892
04-03-2008, 05:59 AM
MG Prestige is good for flat strokes.

tarkowski
04-03-2008, 08:13 AM
SPPP is not the right string for getting pop and spin. It is a low powered string in what many feel to be a low powered frame. I would either go with a hybrid with a multi or a full gut, syn gut or multi setup. Try a hybrid with NXT Tour or one of Klip's multi offerings (Venom or Excellerator).

Bcast, I disagree with you on a few accounts, specifically the spin friendly part. I can get nasty topspin with the KBT whereas I couldn't get any feel or topspin with the MG Prestige Mid. Oh, and I serve bombs with the KBT. For me, the KBT outshined the Prestige in all categories but then, to each his own.

I completely agree with Juice's string suggestions. I play the KBT with VS Gut and it is just a fantastic setup. Although I haven't played Excellerator or Venom in the KBT, I have used both of these strings in the past and agree that they would be excellent choices for the KBT as well.

I would try any of these strings in your current KBT and live with it for a while. I think you'll find a pretty big difference from SPPP, especially if you go with VS gut.
If you're still looking for something a little more forgiving with more 'inherent' power, than I say give the the KBlade 98 and MG Prestige MP\Pro a shot.

Please let us know how it goes!

TnTBigman
04-03-2008, 01:26 PM
mg prestige mp has much more spring on the string bed than the kbt. it was also easier to swing and not as stiff as the kbt. it would be an easy transition if your previous main sticks were from the prestige mp line.

thejuice
04-03-2008, 03:15 PM
mg prestige mp has much more spring on the string bed than the kbt. it was also easier to swing and not as stiff as the kbt. it would be an easy transition if your previous main sticks were from the prestige mp line.

This statement is incorrect (or I should say this statement is subjective). I've seen this before. The people that demoed the KBT with Sensation said the same thing as the people that demoed the Prestige with its demo string. You have to see for yourself and hopefully you get to hit with a decent string.

bcast66
04-03-2008, 05:52 PM
This statement is incorrect (or I should say this statement is subjective). I've seen this before. The people that demoed the KBT with Sensation said the same thing as the people that demoed the Prestige with its demo string. You have to see for yourself and hopefully you get to hit with a decent string.

yea that Wilson sensation makes me hate kbt lol. i do have to admit it was a little more power full than the mg prestige mid, which i liked on volleys but not on ground strokes and serves. i just didn't like it enough to switch, well not really switch but yea lol.