PDA

View Full Version : List the racquet companies Best to worst for: Quality controls

kungfusmkim
04-01-2008, 01:34 PM
Can any one give me a good look at hic companies have good quality control and whch dont?

Ryoma Kun
04-01-2008, 01:38 PM
fischer SHOULD have the best quality control with their vacuum process, plus they even garuntee it on those racquets

in my experience i've seen wilsons fluctuate .5 ounces and balance +/- 3pts.

---
After getting on a preferred player package/college package i notice all my racquets are matching now, a nice benefit!

Alexio92
04-01-2008, 01:40 PM
Best 3
Vantage
Fischer
Yonex

Worst 3
Wilson
Wilson
Wilson

AT92292
04-01-2008, 02:05 PM
Dunlop!!!!!

kungfusmkim
04-01-2008, 05:22 PM
th for your input ghuybut has any one have nay idea why people still use wilson? all i see are wilson and babolats every where in my tennis club

toughshot
04-01-2008, 05:54 PM
marketing ploys

they spend so much money on advertising

str33t
04-01-2008, 05:57 PM
Yonex has amazing quality. The fit and finish on the racquets are great.

hewittfan3
04-01-2008, 06:03 PM
Out of the compaines I have tried I would rank them as:

Yonex-love it
Wilson-close second
Prince
Head
Babolat-hate it

racquet_jedi
04-01-2008, 07:38 PM
th for your input ghuybut has any one have nay idea why people still use wilson? all i see are wilson and babolats every where in my tennis club

People remain uninformed/it does not bother them...

Ryoma Kun
04-01-2008, 07:55 PM

because using a wilson or babolat immediately gives you the talent of either roger federer or rafael nadal

tzinc
04-01-2008, 10:01 PM
Babolat has much better quality control then Wilson. Wilson is the worst by far.

jazar
04-01-2008, 10:47 PM
i once found a 30g difference between new stock 03 red grip 1's and grip 5's, so i would have to say prince

BNK
04-01-2008, 11:20 PM
This guy bought 2 K95 at different time from authorized dealer and they have different spec after being measured(Balance, weight and handle size); he took pics and emailed wilson and asked for exchange from the dealer and they let him select from about 15 K95s which he said all have slight differences. Later on, wilson replied with the forwarded email from the chinese manufacturer saying that batches have range for their specs 320 -/+ 5 gr.

http://images28.fotki.com/v986/photos/1/1028519/5268227/wilsonsresponse-vi.jpg

note: This picture belonged to Nawin, Regentville tennis

0d1n
04-02-2008, 12:45 AM
From the ones I tried (i.e bought multiple rackets of the same model). I'm considering Quality Control means consistency in specs, and NOT build quality (i.e paint job quality, grommets quality... etc etc).
If I would take into account build quality, Volkl would be higher than "new" Yonex for sure ...

1 Vantage
2 Fischer/Yonex
3 Volkl/Head/Dunlop
x Wilson

I don't think I've ever owned multiple rackets of the same model from Babolat, Prince, and never owned ANY TF, PK,Gamma, Kneissl, BB, Donnay or Avery (none)...so I can't comment on those. I have hit with various models from a few of those companies, but I never had the chance to have more than 1 racket for tests so they don't apply in the Quality Control discussion (for me ;) ).

iplaybetter
04-02-2008, 04:24 AM
i think tecnifibre is great by two frames were like a gram or two off and that was due to diferent string and something else

paperduetoday
04-02-2008, 09:48 AM
Best :
1. Fischer
2. Yonex
3. Prince (O3)
Worst :
1. Wilson
2. Head
3. Babolat

LoveThisGame
04-02-2008, 10:10 AM
1. Volkl
2. Prince
Wilson
Gamma

PROTENNIS63
04-02-2008, 10:36 AM
Boris Becker are very good. Yonex is great as well. I am sure Fischer has good quality control with their guarantee.

fastdunn
04-02-2008, 11:36 AM
yonex is proly best since everything else is made in china now.

fischer used to be good but it had some issues like inconsistencies in the lengths of racquets...

i have now 3 head frames and their grip sizes are inconsistent.

HeadPrestige
04-02-2008, 12:19 PM
Best:
Yonex
Head

Worst
BABOLAT
Wilson (my 6.0s are matched though =) )

kungfusmkim
04-02-2008, 12:23 PM
Thx for the more input. yeah i seein yonex racquet that only the racquet that arent really popular are made in china. Does it really matter where itis made or is because people wh work in china makes so many flaws because of to much work?

autumn_leaf
04-02-2008, 01:19 PM
Thx for the more input. yeah i seein yonex racquet that only the racquet that arent really popular are made in china. Does it really matter where itis made or is because people wh work in china makes so many flaws because of to much work?

people always think just because it's made from china it's going to be bad. that's not the case. it depends on the individual factories in China. i'm pretty sure nobadmojo or someone made the comment that vantage racquets were made in China, but whether thats true or not i don't know. most racquets are made from China though because of the labor cost. The quality control i would say depends more on the tolerance by the brand names to enforce.

so are you planning on buying multiple racquets at the same time? also tw does offer a matching service for a fee.

Pushmaster
04-02-2008, 04:26 PM

I'm really diggin' my RDX 500 mid, it's one of the best performing racquets to come out in recent years. However, I strongly disagree with your take on the fit and finish quality. The paint chips off my RDX even if I look at it the wrong way! Plus the bumperguard and buttcap is very cheesy and unsubstantial. I have a 20+ year old R-22 that's gotten much more use than my RDX and it still looks great, my RDX looks like it's been through a war. Unfortunately cosmetic QC for Yonex had gone down the tubes, but at least they still make (at least up to the RDX) great playing sticks. I guess you can't have it all...

ryohazuki222
04-02-2008, 05:12 PM
Prince is pretty bad... Some weight differences are minor... but if the weight difference is enough to actually easily feel it in your hand it's pretty bad. I've had this experience with half of my prince rackets. Possibly it's better now.... when I played with the TT Warrior MP, it wasn't so bad.

Wilson is horrible. My friend has two nblades, and my gf has one. All three have visibly different head sizes and feel different

brownyazn
04-02-2008, 05:15 PM
can someone clear this up?

i see a bunch of people saying opposite things

drakulie
04-02-2008, 05:18 PM
^^^Wilson is the best.

Yonex is not so good. :)

Pushmaster
04-02-2008, 05:25 PM
^^^Wilson is the best.

Yonex is not so good. :)

Drak, Wilson's QC is nothing to write home about either. :wink:

drakulie
04-02-2008, 05:38 PM
^^^I was being sarcastic.

However, to be honest, I have never had a problem with Wilson, or any other companies quality control.

All 3 K90's I had were identical in specs. (SW, flex, balance, and static weight). Lastly, I didn't buy them together. All 3 were purchased at different times.

Pushmaster
04-02-2008, 05:57 PM
^^ I was being sarcastic as well.

Since the K90 is new and might all come from the same batch it's understandable that the specs are pretty much the same, glad they work for you.

I bought a PS 6.0 95 from TW's second to last batch and loved it, wanted to order another but they were sold out. Bought 2 from the last batch and they felt much stiffer and lighter than the 1st one I bought. So my experience tells me the not all PS 6.0 95's are the same unfortunately.

HeadPrestige
04-02-2008, 06:07 PM
^^ I was being sarcastic as well.

Since the K90 is new and might all come from the same batch it's understandable that the specs are pretty much the same, glad they work for you.

I bought a PS 6.0 95 from TW's second to last batch and loved it, wanted to order another but they were sold out. Bought 2 from the last batch and they felt much stiffer and lighter than the 1st one I bought. So my experience tells me the not all PS 6.0 95's are the same unfortunately.

i bought 2 of mine matched from the last TW batch, and one more from the bay... new. They are all identical, i got lucky.

Pushmaster
04-02-2008, 07:07 PM
i bought 2 of mine matched from the last TW batch, and one more from the bay... new. They are all identical, i got lucky.

Well, they probably all came from the last batch, so that's why they're all the same. Like I said, the older PS 6.0 95's were heavier and more flexible, which I prefer. I found the last ones too light and stiff. I had to get rid of them because they were killing my elbow. The older ones were more comfortable and forgiving.

0d1n
04-02-2008, 11:16 PM

I'm really diggin' my RDX 500 mid, it's one of the best performing racquets to come out in recent years. However, I strongly disagree with your take on the fit and finish quality. The paint chips off my RDX even if I look at it the wrong way! Plus the bumperguard and buttcap is very cheesy and unsubstantial. I have a 20+ year old R-22 that's gotten much more use than my RDX and it still looks great, my RDX looks like it's been through a war. Unfortunately cosmetic QC for Yonex had gone down the tubes, but at least they still make (at least up to the RDX) great playing sticks. I guess you can't have it all...

Sorry, but the "fit and finish" part is not true in my experience (I've had similar experience to Pushmaster's) ...which is why I said that if build quality would be considered Volkl would be waaaaaay up there (above yonex) in my book.
Their (yonex) paint chips easily, and their newer bumper guards are crap (I have a friend who uses the RDS 001's and his grommets were screwed @ the second stringing).
Some of their rackets play great (I loved the RD 7) but the "fit and finish" which in my book is paint/grip/grommets quality and "sturdiness" is nothing spectacular.