PDA

View Full Version : Best Racquet For Baseliner?

Lavathing9
04-01-2008, 02:11 PM
Ok, when I play singles tennis I normally go with a strong flat first server followed by, if necessary, a second spin serve. Afterwards I stay back at the baseline and use a strong topspin forehand with a decent backhand. I try to win the point by having the other player mess up or using a finishing shot with my forehand. I rarely attack the net, I only do when necessary to finish the opponent off (If the base lining doesnt work).

I prefer Head racquets. What racquet you would you recommend, or what type. I am not very good with knowing what different things on racquets do. I have used LiquidMetal and I like it. I also noticed this new thing called "Flexpoint", I dont know if it will fit my playing style.

What would you recommend?

m1stuhxsp4rk5
04-01-2008, 02:26 PM
babolat's are usually really good baseline sticks. theres something newer then the flexpoint get the microgel

freeskier730
04-01-2008, 02:44 PM
i love my microgel prestige mp...

Shangri La
04-01-2008, 02:46 PM
Head Agassi Radical Limited is your answer.

Pushmaster
04-01-2008, 02:58 PM
POG, PT 280, 200G, ROK, and PSC 6.1.

Djokovicfan4life
04-01-2008, 03:00 PM
This question is WAY too general. 90% of the tennis population are baseliners, it's like asking, "What's the best racquet for hitting the ball?"

BlUe 182 BanAna
04-01-2008, 04:51 PM
Ok, when I play singles tennis I normally go with a strong flat first server followed by, if necessary, a second spin serve. Afterwards I stay back at the baseline and use a strong topspin forehand with a decent backhand. I try to win the point by having the other player mess up or using a finishing shot with my forehand. I rarely attack the net, I only do when necessary to finish the opponent off (If the base lining doesnt work).

I prefer Head racquets. What racquet you would you recommend, or what type. I am not very good with knowing what different things on racquets do. I have used LiquidMetal and I like it. I also noticed this new thing called "Flexpoint", I dont know if it will fit my playing style.

I not sure, im pretty much at the same place as you, I'm getting a Babolat aero blast racquet because i tried out my friends and every time i hit the ball, it went sooo fast, plus with topspin, no one can get to the ball, it's one truly amazing racquet, try it out. so i think there's your answer, its cheap, amazing, and got smart grip.

BlUe 182 BanAna
04-01-2008, 04:55 PM
This question is WAY too general. 90% of the tennis population are baseliners, it's like asking, "What's the best racquet for hitting the ball?"
How is it "WAY too general" he's asking for people's opinion, plus there are racquet's that are designed to hit hard and always stay at the baseline. same as that there are racquet's that i designed for amazing backspin. and do you have your facts, do really 90% of tennis players stay at the baseline ?

Puredrivetennis
04-01-2008, 06:11 PM
I agree, far too general. You need to try racquets to suit your game. Something with a midsize head, 98 maybe.. Alittle flexible.. All I can really say without more details.

fuzz nation
04-02-2008, 04:07 AM
Let us know which Liquidmetal racquet you've done well with. It will give the posters here a better idea of the type of frame that might suit you well.

D. Dokas
04-02-2008, 04:20 AM
i dnt beleive theres a racquet for forehands backhands serves blah blah...get a racquet ur comfortable with and that allows u to play 2 the best of ur ability demo a few and see how u go and dont pick it judging by wich pro uses it or how pretty it is or because ur friend has it pick it because u play the good with it

Lavathing9
04-02-2008, 06:56 AM
I have used a Head Liquidmetal Radical Racquet, and a Ti Agassi Pro. Should I stick with the Head Liquidmetal Radical Racquet?

k_liu
04-02-2008, 07:00 AM
Go with a racquet you are most comfortable with and suitable for your game. Demo as many racquets as you can and go through the process of elimination.

rocket
04-02-2008, 07:06 AM

The Radical line is good for baseline bashing. The Prestige line is more for all-court. Which Radical is best? It's all down to personal preferences.

theone
04-02-2008, 07:11 AM
Whatever you like using... I've never had a babolat but I don't think I would like it (in serious play) because the power level means you need to put loads of spin on the ball, shorten your stroke, and I don't enjoy the light weight.

Bubba
04-02-2008, 07:22 AM
PDR, K90, and PS85. For raw power, the PDR... if you want a bit of added control the K90. Just plain good 'ole hitting... the PS85.

Bubba
04-02-2008, 07:23 AM
Whatever you like using... I've never had a babolat but I don't think I would like it (in serious play) because the power level means you need to put loads of spin on the ball, shorten your stroke, and I don't enjoy the light weight.

Light Weight?!? Don't dismiss what you haven't tried jr.

theone
04-02-2008, 07:29 AM
I've tried many light weight rackets - Dunlop M-fil 300, Yonex RDS 003... I don't like them.

Djokovicfan4life
04-02-2008, 07:40 AM
How is it "WAY too general" he's asking for people's opinion, plus there are racquet's that are designed to hit hard and always stay at the baseline. same as that there are racquet's that i designed for amazing backspin. and do you have your facts, do really 90% of tennis players stay at the baseline ?

Just watch the pros, most of them stay at the baseline pretty much all the time.

If you ask a question like this, you are bound to get a ton of different answers from different people. Not everyone likes the same thing. I prefer my Fischer M pro, while others swear by the Head Radical lineup. There is no such thing as the definitive "baseline racquet."

baek57
04-02-2008, 09:17 AM
u say you like your current racquet... why the need to switch?

paperduetoday
04-02-2008, 10:09 AM
Any of the Babolats with 98 sq in.. or greater.
Head Instinct, Head Radical Tour, Wilson 98sqin or bigger. Dunlop 300 series, Any of the Prince Racquets.

Bubba
04-02-2008, 11:53 AM
I've tried many light weight rackets - Dunlop M-fil 300, Yonex RDS 003... I don't like them.

you said Babolats... you can't generalize the entire Babolat product range... huge weight differences in their stock production lines between the Pure drive's, Aero's, and Pure Storm's

Bubba
04-02-2008, 11:56 AM

Great question. I would say that as long as you are able to consistently hit the ball deep with sufficient pace and acceptable control I would ask that question as well.

If you are hitting short all the time (service line) then I'd say you need to review your needs... but remember string setup as well.

It is a mulit-factorial issue.

Ross K
04-02-2008, 12:45 PM
Great question. I would say that as long as you are able to consistently hit the ball deep with sufficient pace and acceptable control I would ask that question as well.

If you are hitting short all the time (service line) then I'd say you need to review your needs... but remember string setup as well.

It is a mulit-factorial issue.

Absolutely agree with all the above.

theone
04-02-2008, 12:47 PM
you said Babolats... you can't generalize the entire Babolat product range... huge weight differences in their stock production lines between the Pure drive's, Aero's, and Pure Storm's

I obviously wasn't talking about one of the 11.8 oz + models smartarse.

vandre
04-02-2008, 12:52 PM
headsize???

Killer-Angle
04-02-2008, 01:56 PM
Wilson K six-one X ?!?!?

ndtennis
04-02-2008, 03:17 PM
I use to play with the head flexpoint. i liked it. good baseliner but not a lot of power i thought. I play with now Fischer m pro speed number 1. good baseline and good power for strokes and serve.

Ryoma Kun
04-02-2008, 05:33 PM
POG OS

don't argue, you know it is true

HeadPrestige
04-02-2008, 06:05 PM
Had a hit with the ozone pro tour today... and found it to be pretty solid from the baseline (though, i think it needed a LOT of lead.. my racket is at 13.7 oz right now)

Had good access to spin for a dense pattern, and also a good amount of pop.

eric892
04-02-2008, 06:54 PM
Babolat Pure Drive is good for baseliner but if you want from Head then you should try Microgel Prestige Pro.

JAG84
04-02-2008, 07:52 PM
The liquidmetal radical TOUR is awesome from the baseline. I also think the k90 is nice. My forehands with the k90 are vicious :evil:

Ross K
04-03-2008, 03:23 AM
Okay then... in no particular order: TF 335; Babs PD, PC and PDR; PSC. 6.1, K95, N95, N Pro Open; C10 Pro; Rad Tour Twin Tube, Trysis 260, LM Rad Tour, MG PP; Dunlop Mfil 200, 300, and the MW... and that's just for starters!

Lavathing9
04-03-2008, 06:08 AM

My current one has a broken frame now. So I am wondering should I buy the same one again, or is there something better for my style?

Lavathing9
04-27-2008, 09:18 AM
I just bought a Head Liquidmetal Radical Racquet, thanks for the help guys.

AT92292
04-27-2008, 01:01 PM
Dunlop Aerogel 300

[K]Topspin
05-08-2008, 09:06 PM
Try babolat rackets. Great baseliner Sticks there. Theres also Wilson Npro. One more. Since you prefer Head. Head Extreme and if you could handle the slight extra weight, extreme Pro.