PDA

View Full Version : Black C10

Rabbit
04-01-2008, 06:23 PM
Mine finally showed up. I put my last 3 new Fairways on 3 of them and strung them with PolyForce 17. Their weight is not lighter than the original bumblebee. My yellow frames with leather came in at 357 grams. The 3 I just received weigh 356, 357, and 358 grams. The grip feels just the same and I expect the frame to play the same. I'm playing twice on Thursday and a tournament this weekend, so I'll be able to give it a good workout. And....I'm leaving the yellow jackets at home. :)

DoubleHanded&LovinIt
04-01-2008, 06:36 PM
Rabbit--looking forward to the review. I have one "yellow jacket" and if these new black ones play the exact same, I'll be sure to pick up one or two new "Vader" sticks. Thanks for your continued contributions to this board. Good luck at your tournament!

Rabbit
04-01-2008, 08:09 PM
Thanks, bud.

emerckx53
04-01-2008, 08:24 PM
Mine finally showed up. I put my last 3 new Fairways on 3 of them and strung them with PolyForce 17. Their weight is not lighter than the original bumblebee. My yellow frames with leather came in at 357 grams. The 3 I just received weigh 356, 357, and 358 grams. The grip feels just the same and I expect the frame to play the same. I'm playing twice on Thursday and a tournament this weekend, so I'll be able to give it a good workout. And....I'm leaving the yellow jackets at home. :)

And what happenend to the POG 93?

Rabbit
04-02-2008, 04:55 AM
Well.....the best laid plans.

I had ordered the Volkls prior to hitting with the Prince. The TW demo that I hit with felt great. Unfortunately, I can't get the same feel from the ones I bought. The TW demo was prestrung from Prince as are a couple of mine, but they just don't feel "right".

That puts me in a quandry; the initial hit was great. But, why put down a frame I have figured out and hit great with? So, I figured lesson learned. I can make someone a great deal on some Prince Mids.

Pro_Tour_630
04-02-2008, 06:14 AM
Well I told you Rabbit will not switch......:)

Same situation with my PT630 I dabble around and cheat on her but she knows I always go back, it has been like this since the late 90's.

Anyway, I hit with the BLACK C10pro and it came in at 347g strung with gamma synthetic 16g at 58lbs with volkl dampener and the rubber ring. No marking of the grip size, thought it was 3/8 but feels like a 1/4 dunno:confused: will check under grip for a #.

It balanced at 31.5cm and had a flex of 59 on our new $4000 BABOLT blue RDC machine. SW was 322, without dampener, it seems it swings light. It Swing lighter than the BB11Mid for sure.

It has all the playing characteristics of the yellow C10 pro, nice soft feel. I liked it alot but if I had to chose between it and the MG prestige Pro. I would go with the prestige Pro. The C10po was more powerful and but the Prestige Pro was a tad more stable and had better spin. The black C10pro was softer, more comfortable and had better feel. To get a tad more stability you need to go with the BB11Mmid if you like staying volkl. I would take the BB11mid over the Prestige Pro, there I said it.

Anyway I know Rabbit will do a great review, when he does I just have to wait and see what he has to say.

There is one thing I did notice was that it pinged more than the BB11Mid.

Pro_Tour_630
04-02-2008, 02:59 PM
UPDATE: I found the grip size sticker it is 3/8th, strange place for a sticker:confused:

anyway it felt thinner than a 3/8 so if you want to order you might need to take that into consideration. the one I had ran smaller(which I liked) and the prestige Pro which was also 3/8 ran larger:confused: I like the grip shape and feel on the C10Pro best.

drakulie
04-02-2008, 03:06 PM
Rabbit, I never realized you were such a racquet ho. :)

Congrats on the frame.

Rabbit
04-02-2008, 06:58 PM
^Coming from you, my pimp, it's a compliment!

Yeah, I own about 100 frames...most of 'em are wood. But, I do own a few really nice one offs.

Shangri La
04-02-2008, 09:54 PM
It has all the playing characteristics of the yellow C10 pro, nice soft feel. I liked it alot but if I had to chose between it and the MG prestige Pro. I would go with the prestige Pro. The C10po was more powerful and but the Prestige Pro was a tad more stable and had better spin. The black C10pro was softer, more comfortable and had better feel. To get a tad more stability you need to go with the BB11Mmid if you like staying volkl. I would take the BB11mid over the Prestige Pro, there I said it.

Nice comparison with the Prestige Pro there.... PT630, in your experience, besides the softer feel what are the areas that the C10 does better than the Prestige Pro, serve, baseline, volley, etc?

Sorry about the hijack, Rabbit! <3

(PT630, if you dont mind you can also post your comparison in the C10/PPro thread (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=189604) to not derail this one. Thanks!)

Rabbit
04-03-2008, 06:49 AM
^ No problem.

BreakPoint
04-03-2008, 11:51 AM
There is one thing I did notice was that it pinged more than the BB11Mid.
Wow! And I've heard that the BB11 Mid pings more than the DNX 10 Mid, and the ping of the DNX 10 Mid already annoyed the heck out of me. I can only imagine how loud the ping of the new C10 Pro must be.

Pro_Tour_630
04-03-2008, 12:43 PM
^^^ BP It could have been the string GAMMA prodigy 16g at 58 with volkl dampener. will have to give it another go with a thiner string at low tension

NoBadMojo
04-03-2008, 01:20 PM
neither the dnx10mid nor the b11mid ping when flush hit provided a vibe damp is employed. If no vibe damp is employed almost every racquet pings when flush hit..the very purpose of the vibe damp is to elimninate the high frequency stringbed buzz (ping) and turn a racquet from a pinger into a thudder.

miss hits do tend to ping even w. a vibe damp on these frames presumably because of the dnx material, but then again, the dnx stuff gives people a better response on misshits

Kevin T
04-03-2008, 01:21 PM
I'll tell you one racquet that never "pinged" and that's Mr. Chaho's choice. :)

m1stuhxsp4rk5
04-03-2008, 02:09 PM
the prestige tour, k90 and ps85 dont ping on be

Rabbit
04-03-2008, 02:16 PM
I've hit with hundreds of different racquets. I always use a vibration dampener. I know the difference between a racquet that pings and a racquet that doesn't.

Strangely enough, about the only frame I play with a dampner is a Volkl. I personally don't like dampners. When I played with the ProStaff and K90, I didn't use a dampner. My brief hits with the Prince didn't require one either. And my last racket, the Vilas damn sure didn't need one. :)

BreakPoint
04-03-2008, 10:50 PM
the prestige tour, k90 and ps85 dont ping on be
Strangely enough, about the only frame I play with a dampner is a Volkl. I personally don't like dampners. When I played with the ProStaff and K90, I didn't use a dampner. My brief hits with the Prince didn't require one either. And my last racket, the Vilas damn sure didn't need one. :)
I agree. Racquets that contain Kevlar and/or racquets with old school feel generally don't ping.

BreakPoint
04-04-2008, 03:05 AM
I haven't noticed the pinging you mention. What sort of strings do you use?

cc
Whatever string that was in the TW demo racquet, probably NXT or NXT Tour.

crosscourt
04-04-2008, 04:16 AM
I have used a gut/monofilament and alu power hybrid and haven't noticed pinging. There isn't much "ping" in alu power all round. More of a thud/crack.

cc

Pro_Tour_630
04-04-2008, 07:04 AM
dunno, I do not remember the yellow C10pro pinged with various setups that I had on it. And since the old C10 pro = the new C10 pro I would assume it will not ping. I only tested the new black C10Pro once at rather higher tension than I would usually string, on a $4000 Prince 5000. I may have not hit the sweetspot few times where I noticed a slight pinging. I am going to cut out the strings and give it another go with a soft multi at low tension.

Again, pinging is subjective, some people like to hear that sound, it does not mean a frame that pings is bad. It is what you are used to.