PDA

View Full Version : Is Kuerten retired ?

kalic
04-02-2008, 04:28 AM
Is this true ? If yes, what he did at the end of his last match ? Do you have some internet links about that ?

VGP
04-02-2008, 10:27 AM
AFAK, after RG this year......

Elina
04-03-2008, 01:57 AM
He retires either after Roland Garros this year or if he makes it to the Olympics, then after that. :(

baseliner87
04-03-2008, 08:16 PM
he's fantastic

Ryoma Kun
04-03-2008, 08:25 PM
he was at indian wells this year, i saw him on the practice courts, i don't think he was in the draw though :(

Give him the french and he will retire happy

JW10S
04-03-2008, 08:45 PM
He has been given a wildcard into Roland Garros--that will be his swan song. I for one would like to see him repeat the moment when he won the title and drew a big heart on the centre court and layed down in it--great moment.

ndtennis
04-03-2008, 08:55 PM
he lost 1st round in miami 6-3 7-6. doesnt look good for final run this year

llgc8080
04-10-2008, 09:54 AM
He has been given a wildcard into Roland Garros--that will be his swan song. I for one would like to see him repeat the moment when he won the title and drew a big heart on the centre court and layed down in it--great moment.

I hope see Guga in RG! Great player and great person!:)

andtapes
04-10-2008, 07:38 PM
He can't play anymore he has hip problem, 2 surgerys but he can't play he cried when he talked about it at Brazil Open center court.

Ryoma Kun
04-10-2008, 09:14 PM

Classic, if he won i would cry tears of joy. That man really deserves to win.

If not I want Haas to get it

Moose Malloy
04-11-2008, 09:58 AM
Brazilian Gustavo Kuerten will make his penultimate tour appearance at the Open Sabadell Atlántico Barcelona 2008, to be held from April 28 - May 4, after tournament organizers extended a wild card invitation to the former World No. 1.

The 31-year-old Kuerten, who has been hampered by a right hip injury in recent years, will be making his fifth appearance in Barcelona. He reached the event quarterfinals on two occasions, in 2003 and '04.

"Although I have never won the title in Barcelona, I've always enjoyed playing there and I believe to have created a special connection with the crowd and organizers of the event," he said. "I have always been respected there even having the Spaniards as my toughest rivals throughout my career."

He will make his next appearance at Master Series Monte-Carlo in a couple weeks, and following Barcelona, intends to return to Brazil to prepare for his last event on tour: Roland Garros, where he is expected to be given a wild card. Kuerten won his first career title in 1997 at Roland Garros, and won the clay court Slam again in 2000 and '01.

http://www.atptennis.com/1/en/2008news/kuerten_barcelona.asp