PDA

View Full Version : Help Please D=

BallBeemer
04-02-2008, 04:29 PM
Few months ago I was maybe around a 4.0 level. Now I'm around a 3.0 level. I don't know what's wrong. We just got our seeds for school and im seeded 5. I don't know what happened either. I used to take lessons but now I don't anymore because of the price.

Shashwat
04-02-2008, 04:35 PM
How can we help you if we don't know what's wrong? What are we supposed to go off of?

BallBeemer
04-02-2008, 04:58 PM
I don't know what's wrong either but I still am very determined in tennis.

Rafael_Nadal_6257
04-02-2008, 05:38 PM
...so what do you need improvement on?? Hard to help you if you don't know whats wrong...we also probably don't know whats wrong :p. Post a video clip...

Djokovicfan4life
04-02-2008, 05:50 PM
I don't know what's wrong either but I still am very determined in tennis.

What do you need work on? Serves, volleys, groundstrokes?

You can't just say "I suck, help me out," and expect helpful replies.

BallBeemer
04-02-2008, 06:21 PM
No, I had a time when I was A LOT better than I am now. I don't know what has gotten to me. But I think it may be something like not hitting with better players.

Shashwat
04-02-2008, 06:28 PM
No, I had a time when I was A LOT better than I am now. I don't know what has gotten to me. But I think it may be something like not hitting with better players.

The same happened with me. I got better a lot over the summer and then just stopped. It is because once you get to the 4.0 level, it's a big jump from there to 4.5. Like you really have to get better. Without knowing you or knowing anything about your problem, i would say just go back and play a ton.

Like i played about 4 hours everyday over the summer........

Thrice
04-04-2008, 11:53 AM
There are a lot of very knowledgeable people on here, but you're not giving them anything to go on. Post what type of player, reliablility of your strokes, serve percentage/type, are you out of position a lot, etc.

I don't believe someone can go from a 4.0 to a 3.0 in a few months unless they have had an injury or gone mental. I suspect you may be trying too hard and forcing things instead of loosening up and playing high percentage tennis. Loose muscles hit much better than tense ones. At this level it's not about hitting winners, keep the ball in play and let them miss. Go practice consistency and get your confidence back.

Carlito
04-04-2008, 12:08 PM
Maybe you are trying to hard. You need to stop trying to play like a pro and just work on getting the ball in. It take a long time to learn to play beutiful tennis, and at your level you might have to learn to win ugly. What I mean is, just be consistent and get everything in.

I know you didn't give any clue to any one as to what is wrong with you, but what a said applies to a lot of people at your level. (I.E. 3.0-4.0 high school kids). At that level al you have to do to win is be consistent. You may not beat the top guys but you will beat a lot of people.

Bungalo Bill
04-04-2008, 12:29 PM

What in the world are you doing? Are you kidding me? Why would you provide vague questions with little to go on expecting people here to help you?

If you think playing against better players is it, go play with better players!

Everyone here is guessing because you failed to be more clear with the issues you are having.

Kaptain Karl
04-04-2008, 01:03 PM
Bungalo Bill - Which of these ties looks best on me? Please help.

Why won't you answer?

While you're at it, how do you like my neighbor's new house color?

Man! The people on this forum are not helpful at all...!

- KK

Bungalo Bill
04-04-2008, 01:33 PM
Bungalo Bill - Which of these ties looks best on me? Please help.

Why won't you answer?

(BB): I like the blue tie

(Poster): Why are picking on me. I dont like you. You're mean. :)